• 73(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hi,
I installed pseudo tv live at the weekend and followed the basic config instructions at the start of the thread:

- Updated dll
- Updated advancedsettings.xml

...not done any manual channel config as I know nothing about pseudo tv live other than it looks like it'll be great if I can get it work. And, I know very little about XBMC beyond what I've picked up in the last month.

When I run the app the screen goes blank and never comes back. I end up having to kill XBMC from the task manager. I've uploaded some debug logs (current and old log) although I've not yet received a confirmation email back (I will get one right?). The way it's behaving seems fundamentally wrong and may be pointing to another issue with my setup. Hopefully, either "Mr. PseudoTV-Live", or someone else knowledgeable in these matters can help me outSmile

I'm running xbmc 13 alpha 8 on Windows 8.1/Core-i7 Haswell with 16GB of RAM. And I apologise up front for any breaches of etiquette by not doing things right or not asking things right.

Regards,
Dave
Media-mogul pretty sure it's only frodo for now
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Luna will have to confirm, but as far as I know Gotham is not supported yet.
Ok, no worries. Thanks for the clarification.
Finally back up and running! all working good, I'm still working on music on my end so hopefully have a auto tune log in the morning.

I know this has been asked but can't find it, feel free to smack me around, when you push updates will that update on my end as well or do I need to re download master zip?

One last question, using live tv with HDhomerun on the info screen lower right corner where movie poster shows on movie channel. Where is that image pulled or what should a file be named to show up? I'm assuming if I name a .png image correctly and save it in the media folder it would show up there. Example in ARYEZ skin it shows something like PTVlive poster.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-11-08, 05:29)shess757 Wrote: Finally back up and running! all working good, I'm still working on music on my end so hopefully have a auto tune log in the morning.

I know this has been asked but can't find it, feel free to smack me around, when you push updates will that update on my end as well or do I need to re download master zip?

One last question, using live tv with HDhomerun on the info screen lower right corner where movie poster shows on movie channel. Where is that image pulled or what should a file be named to show up? I'm assuming if I name a .png image correctly and save it in the media folder it would show up there. Example in ARYEZ skin it shows something like PTVlive poster.

My repo isn't working... never looked into fixing it... so when I update the master git, you have to manual update xbmc... when I get some free time I'll try and figure out what's wrong with my repo.

As far as image, it depends... I can't speak for Aryez skins... But on my end, once TVDB/TMDB is running correctly fanart for livetv content will be displayed... otherwise a fallback png will come up.

I'm looking for more LiveTV sources to add to autotuning... If you have 99% online streams with matching xmltv ids... please pm me.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks for the info. As usual awesome work everything looking great!
Quote:As far as image, it depends... I can't speak for Aryez skins... But on my end, once TVDB/TMDB is running correctly fanart for livetv content will be displayed... otherwise a fallback png will come up.

With my skin it's pretty simple. There are three files -- Poster_a, poster_b, and poster_c that are used for the non library content. Basically think of them as fallback images for each type. Once tvdb/tmdb is working correctly I imagine I'll update it.
(2013-11-08, 06:09)ARYEZ Wrote:
Quote:As far as image, it depends... I can't speak for Aryez skins... But on my end, once TVDB/TMDB is running correctly fanart for livetv content will be displayed... otherwise a fallback png will come up.

With my skin it's pretty simple. There are three files -- Poster_a, poster_b, and poster_c that are used for the non library content. Basically think of them as fallback images for each type. Once tvdb/tmdb is working correctly I imagine I'll update it.

Cool thanks, looking through Lunas live.TVOverlay script looks like poster.png is the fallback might play around when I get home.

Also I remember reading a while back someone asked if it was possible to indicate what channel you were on while scrolling through the guide. I can't seem to find the post, did anything come from that?
If you're asking if it is possible to make the artwork (poster/fanart/etc) to update as you scroll through the EPG to reflect each channel you happen to be on, that was actually a question from as far back as Tman's original Aeon Nox PTV thread. Unfortunately that seems to be beyond PTV's parameters -- obviously I'll defer to Lunatixz as to whether or not that is still the case in PTVL, but if I remember the fundamental problem was in a limitation of Xbmc.
USTVnow Issue:

What an AWESOME feature-set you're building Luna... I can't wait to actually cut-the-cable once I get this working to "family friendly" levels.

Tonight I updated PTVL to latest master (2013-11-08, 00:08), and reinstalled your modded USTVnow plugin. I have a basic free account, which is now older than 45 days.

Should I expect to get content from USTVnow via PTVL after the 45 day trial period has ended ? Their website says: "After 45 days on our free plan, you will be able to watch only on your computer and it will be in low resolution."

If this is true, does it mean USTVnow viewing in PTVL has a limited shelf-life ?

BTW, running USTVnow on its own gives the same failure. I guess I was hoping the plugin somehow looks like a computer to the USTVnow website - to permit continued viewing.

Thanks.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2013-11-08, 09:06)gjwAudio Wrote: USTVnow Issue:

What an AWESOME feature-set you're building Luna... I can't wait to actually cut-the-cable once I get this working to "family friendly" levels.

Tonight I updated PTVL to latest master (2013-11-08, 00:08), and reinstalled your modded USTVnow plugin. I have a basic free account, which is now older than 45 days.

Should I expect to get content from USTVnow via PTVL after the 45 day trial period has ended ? Their website says: "After 45 days on our free plan, you will be able to watch only on your computer and it will be in low resolution."

If this is true, does it mean USTVnow viewing in PTVL has a limited shelf-life ?

BTW, running USTVnow on its own gives the same failure. I guess I was hoping the plugin somehow looks like a computer to the USTVnow website - to permit continued viewing.

Thanks.

As long as the resolution in ustvnow is set to the lowest setting, your free account will work.

I wanted to add premium features (ie more channels and PVR support). But they have a lazy development team.

Feel free to shoot them a email to support my add on...

(2013-11-08, 08:42)ARYEZ Wrote: If you're asking if it is possible to make the artwork (poster/fanart/etc) to update as you scroll through the EPG to reflect each channel you happen to be on, that was actually a question from as far back as Tman's original Aeon Nox PTV thread. Unfortunately that seems to be beyond PTV's parameters -- obviously I'll defer to Lunatixz as to whether or not that is still the case in PTVL, but if I remember the fundamental problem was in a limitation of Xbmc.

Having artwork display now depends 100% on the xbmc player info ( scraped fanart, etc). So only playing media gets art.

My tvdb/tmdb mod is my first attempt to pass art information directly from PTVLs playlist to the overlay. If it doesn't have performance issues, it will open the door to enhanced overlays. Such as matching artwork when scrolling...
I'm looking for more LiveTV sources to add to autotuning... If you have 99% online streams with matching xmltv ids... please pm me.
(2013-11-08, 08:42)ARYEZ Wrote: If you're asking if it is possible to make the artwork (poster/fanart/etc) to update as you scroll through the EPG to reflect each channel you happen to be on, that was actually a question from as far back as Tman's original Aeon Nox PTV thread. Unfortunately that seems to be beyond PTV's parameters -- obviously I'll defer to Lunatixz as to whether or not that is still the case in PTVL, but if I remember the fundamental problem was in a limitation of Xbmc.

(2013-11-08, 15:58)Lunatixz Wrote: Having artwork display now depends 100% on the xbmc player info ( scraped fanart, etc). So only playing media gets art.

My tvdb/tmdb mod is my first attempt to pass art information directly from PTVLs playlist to the overlay. If it doesn't have performance issues, it will open the door to enhanced overlays. Such as matching artwork when scrolling...

Wasn't thinking art, just channel number, though that would be pretty cool. More of a reminder where I am, and mainly just for live TV. I'm playing with the default skin a little, I think I have it figured out.
I have tried to add PseudoTV Live to the main menu of two skins now - confluence and ace. The adding of the program add on to the main menu is painless in both. However, in both skins, once PseudoTV Live shortcut has been added, nothing happens when clicked. In the case of ace it adds this shortcut - script.pseudotv.live. However the real location appears to be script.pseudotv.live-master. I assume the problem is the same in confluence. This is a really minor issue but personally I find it annoying. So what do I need to do to direct these skins to script.pseudotv.live-master rather than script.pseudotv.live if in fact that is the problem.

To answer your question in #1036 yest I could do that in the latest stable - it stopped working after migrating from latest stable to latest master.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45