• 77(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Edit
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
what one you looking for?
Pm
(2013-11-07, 14:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 09:25)oferprtz Wrote: Luna,
Your are doing fantastic job, cheers for that! (please guide me where i can donate)
I'm still configuring and playing with its settings etc, and its look great.

couple ideas:
1) While playing local bumpers, buffer the next channel / episode (stream) in the background so when the bumper is done the channel is ready and start immediately.
2) Update PTVL channels in the background without starting it, like a cron job. (so when you open PTVL everything start immediatly). i know you added "background updating" but still its only when pseudo is running.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks...
There is a "Buy me a shot" link at the bottom of post 1... It takes you to PayPal.

As for your suggestions.

1. Buffering the next queued item is beyond the scope of XBMC, not possible currently.

2. I do plan on adding a self updating process. PTV was designed that turning it off and on is a vital part of its operation. I would like to change that so it can run as a 24/7 platform.

(2013-11-07, 11:51)tromy Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81244 log for music genres .I can create only 1 channel instead of 10 music genres.
lunatixz ,saw the new skin but not the choice to info last longer

Didn't push updates yet... I wanted to add more autotune features. Will push later.

Update:: Git master updated...

thanks for the quick response Luna!
used the "buy my a shot" Smile
keep up the great work!
Wink 
Ha! Just tested EPG sync and it works perfectly. I am now rebuilding my entire line up on my test box.

Just sent you another "shot" as well.

This is excellent work and I look forward to more.

Odd issue with this latest test. Now that the EPG issue is fixed I have encountered a problem with my user created channels. If constantly starts fresh with each launch instead of acting like true TV channels and allow time to pass.

Any ideas?
(2013-11-11, 05:03)XvMMvX Wrote: Ha! Just tested EPG sync and it works perfectly. I am now rebuilding my entire line up on my test box.

Just sent you another "shot" as well.

This is excellent work and I look forward to more.

Odd issue with this latest test. Now that the EPG issue is fixed I have encountered a problem with my user created channels. If constantly starts fresh with each launch instead of acting like true TV channels and allow time to pass.

Any ideas?

Can you pm me with details of your problem... would like to investigate further.
I could really use some help. I want sooo bad for this to work on my setup but I can't seem to pinpoint the error. Basically no matter what TV station I create it crashes when I startup the actual plugin.

My station is just based on a simple smart playlist that is generated using a tag. I tried using more general channels like one with only 30 Rock but that didn't work either. The example youtube channel for the BBC seemed to work but changing channels was slow and I'm trying to get internal channels setup first so I delete them.

Here are all the system logs. I wasn't sure what was important so I included everything from when I hit enter on psuedotv live.

I'm running XBMC Gotham 13 Alpha 9 64bit on OSX 18.5 Mavericks.

The playlist channel is 11-HBO-Signature.xsp

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>11 - HBO SIGNATURE</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">
        <value>NOVELISTIC</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

For completeness here is my settings.xml and settings2.xml
@ hadees - Not sure if it has anything do do with your issue but as of now PTVL isn't supported with Gotham. I think some parts will work but maynot be stable.

@luna - Is it possible to force start PTVL on a certain channel? I think this was brought up a while ago discussing dropped streams but not sure if it was answered. Was having a hard time getting out of the loop after a few bad urls this weekend.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-11-11, 08:55)shess757 Wrote: @ hadees - Not sure if it has anything do do with your issue but as of now PTVL isn't supported with Gotham. I think some parts will work but maynot be stable.

@luna - Is it possible to force start PTVL on a certain channel? I think this was brought up a while ago discussing dropped streams but not sure if it was answered. Was having a hard time getting out of the loop after a few bad urls this weekend.

I thought I added that feature a few builds ago...

Edit:: looks like I started too, but never finished it... When I get a chance I will finish it.
Just wanted to report that my previous problems 1. cannot open PTVL from main menu link, 2. cannot navigate channel configuration with remote and 3. cannot use advanced channel configuration with remote or keyboard were all solved with a manual install. Want to say again great work Lunatixz, keep the features coming!
I'm looking for user feedback on the InternetTV strm autotune channel.

Do you mind one channel in PTVL that lumps multiple streams from the same source into one channel?
(2013-11-11, 21:12)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm looking for user feedback on the InternetTV strm autotune channel.

Do you mind one channel in PTVL that lumps multiple streams from the same source into one channel?

Not following. So multiple streams of different livetv channels, but they show as one channel in epg?
(2013-11-11, 21:12)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm looking for user feedback on the InternetTV strm autotune channel.

Actually yeah - that was a nice surprise. At first I was thinking to myself.... I don't have that show in any of my channel set ups.... and then I realised what it was and I thought it was cool. Nicely executed.

Personally for me, I think it's better having each individual channel separately. That's what I did with the channels I like and would watch most, created separate channels. VERY cool!
(2013-11-11, 15:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-11, 08:55)shess757 Wrote: @ hadees - Not sure if it has anything do do with your issue but as of now PTVL isn't supported with Gotham. I think some parts will work but maynot be stable.

I thought I added that feature a few builds ago...

Edit:: looks like I started too, but never finished it... When I get a chance I will finish it.

Sounds good no hurry. The advanced channel configuration is working great . For me I don't mind having internet streams grouped in one channel. I've been trying to limit internet channels due to their reliability, but starting from a known good channel will fix that problem.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45