Problem with getting the Universal Album Scraper to scrape album names
I am hoping someone can help me with this. In my music collection each artist gets their own folder. In the artist folder, each album is a folder. I have the release year in parentheses after the title. For example: "Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)" - apparently the "(1973)" is preventing the Universal Scraper from recognizing the album and not downloading the information. If I remove the "(1973)" it does scrape the information.

I do not want to remove the "(date)" from every album (folder name) in my collection. Is there a way to get around this and have the scraper ignore the date?
By the way I have tried it with each of the 7 scrapers that are in XBMC (Universal Album Scraper, TheAudioDb Album Scraper, 1ting, Encyclopaedia Metallum, Israel-Music, Merlin.pl, Top100.cn) and none of them can scrape the info. Are there other scrapers for albums out there besides the 7?
As I understand, if the album title & album artist are correct in the tags of the music files, it should scrape properly no matter what the folder name is. Unfortunately, music scraping is a very hit and miss adventure.
(2013-08-14, 17:14)whitebelly Wrote: As I understand, if the album title & album artist are correct in the tags of the music files, it should scrape properly no matter what the folder name is. Unfortunately, music scraping is a very hit and miss adventure.

Ah perhaps that is the reason. I have the "(date)" in the tags too.
Put the year in brackets [1973]. Every one of my albums is done this way and every one scrapes perfectly, including The Dark Side of the Moon.

And the person that said tag your music properly is correct. If you use Musicbrainz picard to tag your music, you won't have problems like these.
(2013-08-15, 06:41)clubwerks Wrote: Put the year in brackets [1973]. Every one of my albums is done this way and every one scrapes perfectly, including The Dark Side of the Moon.

And the person that said tag your music properly is correct. If you use Musicbrainz picard to tag your music, you won't have problems like these.

I wish I would have seen this posting before I went through and removed the (date) from every id3 tag, 27,000 songs. I am still having issues with it not scraping the artwork for 98% of the music library. Ugh.
I think that post was referring to folder names, not tags. You should scrape correctly without the year in the album tag.
(2013-08-16, 04:29)whitebelly Wrote: I think that post was referring to folder names, not tags. You should scrape correctly without the year in the album tag.

I should have been more specific. I meant that I removed the "(date)" from the "Album" name part of the id4 tag, just leaving the "Dark Side of the Moon" By the way, I do not have the date field of the id3 tag populated for any of my music.
^It would be interesting to know if populating the date tag helps in scraping. I always assumed only the artist and album tags are used.

Does anyone know?
I don't think including the date does anything at all. I do it out of habit, but since I started using Picard, it's not essential.

And, like somebody said above, the date after the album in brackets is only included in the folder name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with getting the Universal Album Scraper to scrape album names0