• 5(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2013-10-24, 01:00)Karnagious Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 23:21)Reikon Wrote: I came here just to say this very thing! Thank you so much for this addon! It takes the "what should we watch tonight" stress out of my evenings. The one thing i would LOVE to see is profiles. I watch a lot of anime and tv with the ol lady and this would make it wonderful for slowly eating through both ^_^

Thanks Reikon, I appreciate to feedback!

Have you looked at using Smart Playlists? You could have one for all anime, and another for everything else, then you can change the settings so that when you launch LazyTV you get to choose which Smart Playlist to use.

What would be usefull would be some kind of command function, and save all those different lazytv's as favourite.
lazytv.playlist1 ->saved as favourite1
lazytv.playlist2 ->saved as favourite2

I see that your github.com does also have a testing part. Is it possible to receive them automatic.
Your default repo is on 0.1.16 but you testing repo is on 0.1.18.
By the way, the setting in skin Amber is still giving problems, see my previous message, the problem has not been solved.
I am looking at creating a LazyTV service, and that command function might work within that structure.

PS. how are the streams going with the testing version? Do they play properly? More crashes?
I did just install your test version, although I still see 0.1.17, I don't see crashes anymore, even if all episodes are streams.
So I think the major errors are gone, I will test more in the next days.
The update 0.1.17 or 0.1.18, I am not sure is working well.
(2013-10-24, 02:47)hstegeman Wrote: I did just install your test version, although I still see 0.1.17, I don't see crashes anymore, even if all episodes are streams.
So I think the major errors are gone, I will test more in the next days.
The update 0.1.17 or 0.1.18, I am not sure is working well.

Cool, its good to finally track down the problem with streams.

But which version doesnt work well? The XBMC repo should have 0.1.16 which is the same as the master version on Github. That version launches the playlist with a json call, which is what caused the problem with the streams.

The testing version on Github (0.1.17), which currently contains an empty service.py, starts the playlist directly. The changelog on the testing version incorrectly contains a reference to 0.1.18 which will be the version with the completed service script.
I did still have problems with version 0.1.16, I don't know the difference.
But perhaps there will be a problem testing pirate addons, hubs, I have been just banned, so testing can be a problem.
The reason of banning could be that I don't like that third party addons are copied, but they agree, but I also was banned. I really don't have no glue.
Perhaps user "Masterblaster" is not banned, he was the source of the problem.
jeez, i have never dealt with hub but it looks like the place is fairly ban-happy.

Now that streams work and local library operation is fairly solid, that gets LazyTV's servicing of sources types as far as it needs to go for the time-being.

Time to concentrate on improving the functionality and performance. The Settings options need to be rethought; some of the wording even confuses me!
LazyTV does have a great future, it's looking very good, strm streams don't give problems anymore, you can concentrate on improment of functionality and performance.
And tell the xbmc world about this very well working new addon.
Well I am sure, I will make use of this addon, it's very good.
Glad to see someone's finally implementing long-awaited features like this one, thanks.

But perhaps I'm missing something. I expected this addon to present itself as a list or a node, not a popup window. Something along the lines of a video add-on that shows episodes from the database instead of from a scraped website, similar in style and functionality to a smart playlist. I was planning to use the view modes of my current skin (Aeon Nox) to make it seamless. Am I using it wrong?

Furthermore, I find it's not showing the earliest unwatched episode if later episodes are watched. For instance, I've watched all of Family Guy except for s12e03 (when I was on vacation) and s12e06 (the most recent episode). LazyTV only offers s12e06, and if I mark that as watched it doesn't offer Family Guy at all.

I am using the most recent Git version.
(2013-12-04, 22:14)Yellowbox Wrote: Glad to see someone's finally implementing long-awaited features like this one, thanks.

But perhaps I'm missing something. I expected this addon to present itself as a list or a node, not a popup window. Something along the lines of a video add-on that shows episodes from the database instead of from a scraped website, similar in style and functionality to a smart playlist. I was planning to use the view modes of my current skin (Aeon Nox) to make it seamless. Am I using it wrong?

Furthermore, I find it's not showing the earliest unwatched episode if later episodes are watched. For instance, I've watched all of Family Guy except for s12e03 (when I was on vacation) and s12e06 (the most recent episode). LazyTV only offers s12e06, and if I mark that as watched it doesn't offer Family Guy at all.

I am using the most recent Git version.

Hi Yellowbox.

The addon can pop up a list of shows, or start playing a random selection of shows. I have plans to make it create a list of shows that can be used by skins, but I have only just now started working on a new version. Which means I have to first refamiliarise myself with my own code!

I dont think the latest addon uses the playlist anymore, as that was causing problems with .strm files.

The behaviour you describe is the addons intended design. The purpose of the addon is to play the Next Unwatched TV Show rather than the first unwatched one. It looks for the last played episode, and then loads the next unplayed episode after that.
(2013-12-04, 22:33)Karnagious Wrote: The behaviour you describe is the addons intended design. The purpose of the addon is to play the Next Unwatched TV Show rather than the first unwatched one. It looks for the last played episode, and then loads the next unplayed episode after that.

Oh, that's a bummer. I'd respectfully request a settings option, but I wouldn't ask you to write an entirely new search methodology that would essentially be the reverse of the existing one. I'll check in for updates, but in the meantime I suppose this isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks for the quick response!

Edit: I see you just added a mention that this used to be a playlist. As I don't use streams, I'll try an older version and see how it goes. Thanks!
Looking at it again and it seems like the playlist is still being used. I have hacked apart the master version and created a branch called Yellowbox. This one creates a playlist (the default 'now playing' playlist) of the FIRST unwatched episode.

It doesnt launch a window, it just populates the playlist.

The random play function hasnt been touched, only the 'create list' option.

So try the Yellowbox branch of LazyTV at Github, maybe fork it so you always have a copy in case i delete mine Smile
You magnificent sonuvagun! Thanks a lot, it does exactly what I was hoping! I'm definitely downloaded a copy so you can feel free to let go of that branch if you want. And I see what you mean about the playlist now, that's freakin' great. You're a hero, dude.
I am re-writing the addon and need some user feedback.

Is anyone using the in-built criteria filter? I am thinking of dropping it and only having Smart PlayList filtering.

The in-built criteria is easier to use than creating a Smart PlayList, but it adds a lot of clutter to the settings and code.
Nice work!

Installed 0.1.17 version, worked once, but no more. I will put the log record, to see what's wrong with the addon.

Anyway, congratulations because this looks promising!

EDIT: Nevermind, I was chaging some options and luckily made it work again
Thanks, I am part way through the fundamental rewrite of the addon now. I hope to have a working Test branch of 0.5.0 out soon.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4