• 56(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2018-06-02, 14:53)BrianFantana Wrote: How do I get Lazy TV to generate and maintain a playlist that looks the same as the addon uses? 
When I run the add-on, I see one poster per show (10 shows max), and when clicked, it plays the next episode, perfect!
When I choose the Lazy TV playlist, it shows the next episode from every TV show, but it doesn't sort or limit in the same way as the addon.

If I create a new smart playlist, type TV Shows, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output looks like the addon BUT when I click the show, it doesn't play the next episode, it goes to the full episode view.
If I create a new smart playlist, type Episodes, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output doesn't look like the addon.

Help

I have a similar issue. When I look at the list from the LazyTV program add-on it sorts the shows by last watched. When I look at the smart playlist LazyTV creates its in random order. Any way to get the smart playlist to have the same order as the program directly? Also how often does the play list update? I watch an episode and the play list still shows it as unwatched. It doesn't update until I restart kodi.
I tried this addon a few times and kept uninstalling it because it didn't seem to populate correctly.  I just tried again and I believe I figured out what I wasn't grasping.  This requires you to keep all your watched TV episodes in Kodi, rather than deleting them after watching, correct?  Since doing that, the list seems to be populating just fine.  Assuming I've got that right, is there any way to avoid this with the current version?

If not, one thing I thought of was if LazyTV could pull the info from a Trakt account, it would have access to just about every piece of history a household ever had.  This could lead to learning time of day, day of the week, or even a sequence of shows that a household might use.  For example, my wife and I usually choose between 3 shows when we sit down, alternating between them, but switch to movies on the weekends.  The current LazyTV list sorts these in a sequence which makes it easy enough to figure out what's next for us, but thought I'd throw out some additional ideas for possible consideration.
Android 8.1 TV - Kodi 18 - Aeon MQ7 - Lazy TV 0.9.98

I have found LazyTV to be very useful and use it routinely. I appreciate the work that went into creating the script. Below are my comments.

Bug:
In the configuration / option for List Options is a choice to "Return to LazyTV after Playback". I have tried using that but after an episode ends a list of blank options is displayed. Clicking any of these leads to nothing, the titles do not show and links are not present as well, only the words "Headline" show (but no number of days). It should generate the list of next episodes for each TV series as would be generated after choosing RUN.

Feature Request 1
In the list of next episodes for each TV series, display at the top the total number of TV shows included on the list.

Feature Request 2
In the list of next episodes for each TV series, display for each TV show the number of remaining unwatched episodes for that TV series. This could be for the current viewed season or all episodes for all seasons, the latter perhaps making more sense.

Feature Request 3
Provide a button or link for each TV show that would shuffle that show to the bottom of the list. I suppose that could be accomplished by resetting the watched date of the last watched episode to the current date and the refreshing the list.
Skip the 3rd request I had made, I found out by myself that I can simply click to watch the next episode then stop play, and then show is at the bottom.
LazyTV doesn't seem to play nice with shows which have viewed episodes kind of skipped around. For instance, if I have watched episode 3 of a program but not episodes 1 or 2, LazyTV will insist on selecting episode 4. If I have watched the most recent episode in the list but not any of the older episodes, LazyTV will simply not populate the program at all. Is this by design?
How do you get the clones to maintain a playlist like initial version of lazy tv? So I have a playlist called lazy tv that created itself but none of my clones have created an accessible playlist that I can see within playlists. I want to add each clone as a widget so it looks somewhat like a guide on the home screen.
This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to exclude completly watched shows?
I'm using the playlist as widget and it bothers me a little bit that it shows the last episode of every show I've watched entirely.
Guys, resume from pause point or stopped point is not working on Kodi 18. Everytime i run lazy tv again it restarts the episode. This has been going on for a while now. Is there a solution for this? Thanks.
(2019-05-21, 23:34)aalwani Wrote: Guys, resume from pause point or stopped point is not working on Kodi 18. Everytime i run lazy tv again it restarts the episode. This has been going on for a while now. Is there a solution for this? Thanks.
Probably a change which the add-on is not adopted to.
I created an issue https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.lazytv/issues/22 but there's not so much of activity for LazyTV development sadly. Really nice add-on.

It also doesn't populate the episode information anymore since Kodi 18.
Anybody out there have any interest in making LazyTV respect DisplaySeason and DisplayEpisode?

Seems like the add-on has been abandoned. I've been able to tweak a few things (such as getting it to play every unplayed episode from a series, instead of starting from the next unplayed episode), but I don't really know what I'm doing and can't quite figure out where nor how to tell it to sort by displayseason/episode instead of strictly season/episode.

Doing this would fix the add-ons hang-ups regarding special episodes, allowing it to properly play season 00 episodes. A big step up.
(2018-06-02, 14:53)BrianFantana Wrote: How do I get Lazy TV to generate and maintain a playlist that looks the same as the addon uses? 
When I run the add-on, I see one poster per show (10 shows max), and when clicked, it plays the next episode, perfect!
When I choose the Lazy TV playlist, it shows the next episode from every TV show, but it doesn't sort or limit in the same way as the addon.

If I create a new smart playlist, type TV Shows, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output looks like the addon BUT when I click the show, it doesn't play the next episode, it goes to the full episode view.
If I create a new smart playlist, type Episodes, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output doesn't look like the addon.

Help

This is like what's happening with me.

I have LazyTV only showing next up episodes, then in random episodes I have no shows selected. This works perfectly from LazyTV, but the Smart Playlist has the best episode of all of my series it seems, in a random order.

I only have about 5 series' I want included, and LazyTV does the fine from the app, just not the smart playlist.
I've also created a clone but I'm unsure how I then create a second set of settings etc for it.

I've restarted Kodi, searched everywhere but I can't see where the "clone" is. How do I now create a second set of criteria for the clone?

Edit: solved, it was disabled
I would love if this plugin could achieve something which I've been banging my head on for a long time with regards to TV playlists - 'Start Playing from Random'...   I'll explain - I prefer my TV playlists to be kept in sequential order but all i'm looking to do is randomly start playing from anywhere in the playlist WITHOUT randomizing the playlist, I want the shows to stay in order..   Think of it as a sort of a 'syndication tv mode'  My TV library is full of show's I've watched a million times,  I don't care about things like unwatched episodes etc,   I just want to jump into a random spot in the series and as long as I don't hit stop it will continue sequentially through the next seasons episodes in their respective order.    The closest i've gotten to achieving this is a Kodi context menu plugin called 'Play Random Videos'  but unfortunately its no different than just creating a smart playlist set to random which is totally not what i'm after.
(2019-10-06, 20:27)polarisx3 Wrote: I would love if this plugin could achieve something which I've been banging my head on for a long time with regards to TV playlists - 'Start Playing from Random'...   I'll explain - I prefer my TV playlists to be kept in sequential order but all i'm looking to do is randomly start playing from anywhere in the playlist WITHOUT randomizing the playlist, I want the shows to stay in order..   Think of it as a sort of a 'syndication tv mode'  My TV library is full of show's I've watched a million times,  I don't care about things like unwatched episodes etc,   I just want to jump into a random spot in the series and as long as I don't hit stop it will continue sequentially through the next seasons episodes in their respective order.    The closest i've gotten to achieving this is a Kodi context menu plugin called 'Play Random Videos'  but unfortunately its no different than just creating a smart playlist set to random which is totally not what i'm after.

You can do what you want with PseudoTV (even the original non-Live version) by creating a channel and telling it to play episodes in order, then setting your time to "Random" instead of "Real Time." It'll create a list of all episodes in order, and then start playing from a random point in that list.
[/quote]
You can do what you want with PseudoTV (even the original non-Live version) by creating a channel and telling it to play episodes in order, then setting your time to "Random" instead of "Real Time." It'll create a list of all episodes in order, and then start playing from a random point in that list.
[/quote]

But Pseudo Tv doesn't work now.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4