Menu is skippng
First off, this is on a raspberry pi B running Raspbmc. On the main screen, I have 6 menu items such as "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Pictures". Although I have changed the names to what better suits my personal preferences. The main menu is skipping over 2 of the categories very quickly so that I cannot even access them. First the menu was skipping over just one of the categories. Then a few hours later it started skipping over 2 different ones. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the skin multiple times from multiple sources. I have rebooted the system as well. No change. Please help. I am building this as a gift for a friends birthday tomorrow and this is throwing a wrench in that plan.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Have you tested this with the unmodified Quartz skin and with the default Confluence skin to see if this "skipping" behavior on the main menu also occurs? If it does, maybe it's your input device that is sending out multiple signals with a single keypress? Try a different input device to see if it makes any difference. Enable debug logging and, when it does this "skipping" behavior, examine the debug log (wiki) to see what signals are received by XBMC when you press the key/button.
I have tested this with the confluence skin as well as a few others. It is only happening in the Quartz. I do not know where to get an unmodified quartz skin. I have uninstalled and reinstalled quartz from a few difference sources and they all still seem to contain my settings like I left them.

I have tried multiple input devices and they all do the same thing, so I am thinking it has to do with a buggy setting in Quartz. I will try debug logging now. Thanks.
How do I access the debug log? I followed the link you gave and the video suggests that I use a usb drive to pull this info off of the system. The only issue I see is that I am using both usb ports. One port is the sensor for my remote and the other is running xbmc. I boot from SD and then run off of USB.
Latest version of Quartz is in XBMC add-on repository. Use that.

You can always reset skin to default valus in the settings in case you have a feeling something went wrong with setting it up.

Please provide more info for more help. I.e. Steps you took before ending up in problem.

Finally, if time is of essence, try using Amber - it should work nicelly on rpi and we can troubleshot problems in Quartz later, when there is more time.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thank you all for the help. I just reset the skin setting which fixed the problem. Not sure what happened.
Ok the problem happened again. I reset the skin and without changing any settings I started changing the names of the Media Shelf categories and then added custom favorites to each shelf. I finished adding the custom favourites to the shelf and immediately the main menu will only let me scroll back and forth between the Addons category and the XBMC category. I have 4 other categories on the main page that I can see, but Quartz will not let me scroll over to.
I have still been playing around with different settings. This time I reset the skin settings again and all I did was rename the categories on the main screen. Once I did this, the problem happened. So the cause of the issue seems to be changing the menu to custom headings. Can anyone explain this and recommend how to fix it?
(2013-08-29, 20:54)jgc04b Wrote: I have still been playing around with different settings. This time I reset the skin settings again and all I did was rename the categories on the main screen. Once I did this, the problem happened. So the cause of the issue seems to be changing the menu to custom headings. Can anyone explain this and recommend how to fix it?

Does not happen here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• Which categories did you rename to what?
  • What type of input device are you using?
  • Which key/button are you using to scroll across the main menu options?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu is skippng0