Synology DSM 4.3 And upgraded NFS Options
Ok, i'll do it

thanks.. we are near to solving..

Great!!
Rainbow 
I have my synology working again with NFS support!!

great patch!

But i recomend to upgrade the wiki because synology options for NFS have changed and no more need to edit with Vi the /etc/exports file..

All is in the NFS privileges window now.

Easier than before..

Best regards!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Has this been fixed yet, I've just unboxed and setup my new synology and I can't access via NFS.

I can't figure out if it's user error or the machine.
Exclamation 
It appears with a recent DSM upgrade Synology has decided to add a new feature adding support for NFS V4. When they add a new feature, synology has a bad habit of enabling new feature by default. Angry As is with the case with NFS V4 support. Angry

Anyways this recently happened to me. I was unable to browse NFS when adding a source. Digging around I compared the wiki shots to my DSM version and sure enough a new feature was present. In order to fix NFS support on the latest Synology NAS (I'm running a DS413 - DSM Version: 4.3-3810) and be able to browse NFS from within XBMC, support for NFS V4 needs to be disabled/turned off and NFS browsing will work once again.

Screenshot(s) below:

BE SURE TO DISABLE SUPPORT FOR NFSv4!
Am I missing something, I've got a DS213J running 4.3-3810 and I can't run NFS on XBMC on an ATV2. It can see it but won't access it. Any advice please.
Hi guys,

I am also having issues with my new synology DS213 and NFS. I have it running the latest DSM 4.3-3810, and I followed all instructions to set up the NFS.

When I mount the nas shared folder from the XBMC command line, I can see the subfolders correctly, but something is wrong with their ownerships:

drwxrwxr-- 30 nobody nogroup 4.0K Nov 10 08:08 Movies
drwxrwxr-- 184 nobody nogroup 12K Nov 10 09:18 Music
drwxrwxr-- 39 nobody nogroup 4.0K Nov 10 13:26 Pictures

also, if I try to cd into one of them I get permission denied, and of course I can't read the stuff from XBMC.

And I if were to type ls Music/, I would get a bunch of these:

ls: cannot access Music/Jazz: Permission denied

and these:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Alice in Chains

Any hints? I read of people who reported problems with the latest DSM's and NFS, in the sense that XBMC would not automatically find he nfs share; they seem to have that fixed thanks to a patch they got from the Synology support. Thinking of writing to them as well. Thing is that at the moment I don;t care for the share to be automatically found, I am happy mounting it myself.

Also, from my macbook I can access the NFS share with no problems.

Thanks,
G

EDIT: it was a problem of permissions. I had to select all folders in the shared folder and manually set the owner and group.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology DSM 4.3 And upgraded NFS Options0