• 2(current)
Req Sports scraper
I had also thought about this, for me the simplest way would be to copy lock stock and barrel thetvdb structure and scripts, and instead of having tvseries, season and episode, abuse it to give championship, round, match, at least in the first step.

This has the advantage that you have a working starting point, with a working API, plus a working XBMC add-in without huge efforts, and can concentrate you efforts in getting the content in place "the reason why they might come".

Frac.
I didn't make it quite clear in my previous message suggesting a TVDB show called 'History of British Tracks'. The issue with TVDB is that no sporting events can be put on there site. I think this is a real shame, as I for one wouldn't be asking for them to reorganise their setup. But just like Frac suggested, utilise the current layout, such as in order of air date e.g.

In any case, if using TVDB for the scraper one can't name the series "NHL".

There was a mention of scores by Zag. Maybe I miss understood, but I don't want to know the score in the scraper.

Unless anyone has any better suggestions, can someone create an online database with the intention of a small community populating, and XBMC scraping. Something like an NFO accessable to all.

.. You can see I know nothing about scraping Smile
Ahh well that's something totally different.

I personally want a site that shows the latest scores and team details. Its something I may be able to provide if there is enough interest in updating it.
I'm also not that interested in scores but more event details like we have for Series.
For me personally i would like to see a scraper for motor events like MotoGP, F1 etc etc
I think if you want to include scores then we should create a separate scraper for every sport scores are wanted since they aren't generic.
Just thinking aloud, could themoviedb.org be used for sports in the same way it now does TV series? It might have logistical complications though, e.g. the series title, would that be the sport, the tournament, the (sport) series, etc.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
@schumi2004, I don't think I would want scores available, especially if you haven't watched the event in question. It would be a spoiler for the game.
The sports scraper is an idea which is in my mind for a long time, but my knowledge building a site/scrapper is null (Sad). I think that it would be great to create a db site where you can enter all the info instead of scrapping from different sites because you can manage in only one db different kinds of sports for the pleasure of many users.

It could be split by "leagues", for example:

Barclays Premier League
F1
FIFA World Cup
Liga BBVA
NBA
NFL
Olympic Games
Tour de France
UEFA Champions League

Once you are inside on that "leagues", you can enter the relative data for each season (similar to a TV show), for example:

Liga BBVA
--Season 2013/2014
----Week 1
------2013.08.17 Real Sociedad vs Getafe
------2013.08.17 Real Valladolid vs Athletic Club
------2013.08.17 Valencia FC vs Málaga CF
------2013.08.18 Real Madrid CF vs Real Betis

I'm actually doing this manually in order to display all my sports stuff on XMBC, but I'll be happy to share/contribute to develop a db/site where everyone can scrape its own stuff Smile

Here you can see some screenes of my actual setup:

Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
It should also be possible to create single site DB and scrape from other sources to fill main DB?
Yes, but maybe it's more difficult to create a site like that instead of only manual entering
Some very interesting ideas Smile

If someone can create a nice logo on a black background saying "TheSportsDB" it may give me the motivation to start this.

Heres the background and dimensions

(2014-07-11, 11:35)zag Wrote: Some very interesting ideas Smile

If someone can create a nice logo on a black background saying "TheSportsDB" it may give me the motivation to start this.

I suck in Photoshop but i can give it a shot.
And how is your idea of such TheSportsDB, something like TheTVDB?
Maybe we should make a list of resources that provide info (and what info is needed) that can be used for TheSportsDB ?

Edit\
@zag
Is this yours? http://www.thesportsdb.com/
(2014-07-11, 11:47)schumi2004 Wrote: Maybe we should make a list of resources that provide info (and what info is needed) that can be used for TheSportsDB ?

Here are some which I use on a daily basis:

Soccer:
UEFA Champions League + UEFA Europa League + UEFA Euro + FIFA World Cup
Liga BBVA + Liga Adelante + Copa del Rey
Barclays Premier League + FA Cup + Capital One Cup

Basketball:

NBA + NBA All-Star Weekend + NBA D-League + WNBA
Liga Endesa + Copa del Rey + Supercopa Endesa

Motor:
Formula 1
(2014-07-11, 11:47)schumi2004 Wrote: Edit\
@zag
Is this yours? http://www.thesportsdb.com/

Yep thats just a temporary page though, not the final design. As you can see it needs a better logo Wink
Some ideas for the main page:

The idea is to display the games to be broadcasted or already broadcasted on the current day based on the info that will contain every game. Also is displayed the relative backdrop and the logos of each team Smile
(2014-07-10, 20:21)Ovokx Wrote: The sports scraper is an idea which is in my mind for a long time, but my knowledge building a site/scrapper is null (Sad). I think that it would be great to create a db site where you can enter all the info instead of scrapping from different sites because you can manage in only one db different kinds of sports for the pleasure of many users.

It could be split by "leagues", for example:

Barclays Premier League
F1
FIFA World Cup
Liga BBVA
NBA
NFL
Olympic Games
Tour de France
UEFA Champions League

Once you are inside on that "leagues", you can enter the relative data for each season (similar to a TV show), for example:

Liga BBVA
--Season 2013/2014
----Week 1
------2013.08.17 Real Sociedad vs Getafe
------2013.08.17 Real Valladolid vs Athletic Club
------2013.08.17 Valencia FC vs Málaga CF
------2013.08.18 Real Madrid CF vs Real Betis

I'm actually doing this manually in order to display all my sports stuff on XMBC, but I'll be happy to share/contribute to develop a db/site where everyone can scrape its own stuff Smile

Here you can see some screenes of my actual setup:

I'd love a sportsdb site as i'm currently creating nfo's for all my F1 stuff.

Would also love a few pics of your F1 setup if you don't mind Ovokx.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sports scraper1