• 35(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
@cringely:
You can only follow one god. What do you expect, if you follow a complete installation script and afterwards you fuck it up with another?

You have broken things all over the place ... including a uvesafb framebuffer ...

Wrong mesa packages, no vdpau backend, missing ppa and ... thx for using my time ...

@MXIIA:
Please install the 0.3 version of the kernel - you still run the old, which has this known problem

@gfisher:
Thanks for your feedback.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-10-22, 23:51)Endeavour79 Wrote: Btw. also disable debug log and try to hear disconts.

Don't cut logfiles ... the important part is imssing. Also get me: dpkg -l |grep linux |grep image
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, a newbie here,

I followed your howto, and i tried some files (flac, mp3, h264, vc-1) and get only error in the vc-1 file.

At first i get display error so i changed this:

#!/bin/bash
# this is not needed anymore with the kernel in this thread
# it might still be needed for vanilla 3.12 kernels
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --set audio auto from this # xrandr --output HDMI-0 --set audio auto
# xrandr -r 50
exec /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone

Finally, xbmc runs fine in an AMD A6-3500, Asrock A75M-HVS and 4GB DDR3.

I don't own a hd-dts or true-hd receiver but here are your logs:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6288453/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6288455/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6288456/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6288457/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6288458/

I don't know if i did it well, so if i need to change anything or you need something else, tell me what to do.

Sorry for my english Angel
@pit_bull:
This xrandr command should not be needed anymore with the latest 3.12-rc6 version 0.3 I have built. And the original script (startxbmc.sh) I have changed accordingly (4 days ago).
(2013-10-23, 14:50)fritsch Wrote: @pit_bull:
This xrandr command should not be needed anymore with the latest 3.12-rc6 version 0.3 I have built. And the original script (startxbmc.sh) I have changed accordingly (4 days ago).

I used those commands because my build is from yesterday.

So, can I remove this file (/home/xbmc/startxbmc.sh)? Or can I let it there with no issues?

If you need to run anything else, tell me...

Thx.
The init script is meant to start /home/xbmc/startxbmc.sh
That way you can easily add other things you want to start anyways.

I think you installed just before I updated the howto. make sure you have 0.3 installed by doing: dpkg -l |grep rc6 | pastebinit and check version 0.3
@fritsh,

should you post the old init script back on the first page? seems to be causing a lot of confusion
just a suggestion.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Mostly cause people cannot read :-) The description is quite clear.
(2013-10-23, 15:15)fritsch Wrote: The init script is meant to start /home/xbmc/startxbmc.sh
That way you can easily add other things you want to start anyways.

I think you installed just before I updated the howto. make sure you have 0.3 installed by doing: dpkg -l |grep rc6 | pastebinit and check version 0.3

(2013-10-23, 16:58)fritsch Wrote: Mostly cause people cannot read :-) The description is quite clear.

I'm a newbie in this kind of test Rolleyes

I checked and this is my version:

Code:
linux-headers-3.12.0-rc6           0.3                                        amd64        Header files related to Linux kernel, specifically,
linux-image-3.12.0-rc6             0.3                                        amd64        Linux kernel binary image for version 3.12.0-rc6

So I'm on the right version.

I'll let it like this, if you need to test anything else I'll test for you, i look like a parrot telling this every post.
All looks fine, any problems?

Ah and btw: Thanks for your feedback.
(2013-10-23, 18:30)fritsch Wrote: All looks fine, any problems?

Ah and btw: Thanks for your feedback.

No problem at all, except codec vc-1 i told you before, but I think it will be fixed in next updates...

Ah... you're welcome. Wink
Ah, then you could get me a media info of this AVC-1 file, please. Make sure you fetched all the wsnipex mesa upgrades.
I just Updated my system, and keep having problems with vc-1.

Example: http://imgur.com/lLn3l3q

MediaInfo:
Code:
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 17.6 GiB
Duration                                 : 1h 56mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 21.7 Mbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2012-03-07 16:09:16
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v4.3.0
Writing library                          : libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : VC-1
Format profile                           : Advanced@L3
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1
Codec ID/Hint                            : Microsoft
Duration                                 : 1h 56mn
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Thx

P.D: I'm not able to post the picture from imgur properly, and I think I'm doing well
That image looks perfectly fine? Can you upload a little sample somwhere?
(2013-10-23, 22:10)fritsch Wrote: That image looks perfectly fine? Can you upload a little sample somewhere?

There are image errors all the time, maybe tomorrow i could record a little bit, but where should i upload it so as to not infringe any rule?

See you tomorrow...
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26