WIP Translation Area - help TMM to help you
Thank you myron
Hi myron. I want to help to translate TMM into Spanish.

I have already registered on the transifex website and requested to enter the Spanish group.

Regards
Spanish translation completed.
@espiman thank you for you input. I not use track.tv.: Rofl:
Hi myron. Do you know if the Portuguese version is Brazilian or Portugal version (they are different)?
hmm... good question.
Have to admit, i don't really know... (you might be the better one to tell)

For simplicity, we only used the base language in all translations.
I'm even not sure, if this will currently work in TMM :p
But you might want to try it first with a "messages_pt_BR.properties" file, inside your /locale/ dir...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
updated first post (added new translation service for v3)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
The translation on Weblate is already 100% for Spanish.

Regards.
Greetings,

Is there any chance I could translate v.3 to Arabic language?

Regards.

Edit:
Don't bother, just found how to add a new language and I'm starting the process.
@mlaggner Spanish translation to 100% completed.

Regards.

PD: Is there any way to lock the translations? I found some blunder.
(2019-12-09, 04:38)roliverosc Wrote: @mlaggner Spanish translation to 100% completed.

Regards.

PD: Is there any way to lock the translations? I found some blunder.
Hello,

I'm new to TMM, I'm a spanish user too and have found some mistakes in your translation:
- "Scraper" should not be translated to "Raspador", nor the "scrape" verb to "raspar". The word "scraper" has several meanings, and the most suitable is "extractor" (for example, "metadata scraper" = "extractor de metadatos"). As you can see this translation is more coherent.
- Also I don't understand why you are using hyphens. For example, in the Settings dialog box:
General > Ordenación del tí-tulo
It should be Ordenación del título, right?
- "Artwork" could be translated to "Ilustraciones".

The rest is fine. Thanks for your work and I hope this helps.
Regards
If you find errors in a language, please head over to weblate, register and/or login, and change it.
We probalby cannot speak nor write your language correctly Smile

Regarding tí-tulo vs título.
This seems to be an bug somewhere on weblate? (Or on entering? dunno)
Although the translation is set to UTF8, we got an UTF16 "t" with a silent whitespace hyphen before (not visible in GUI)
We fixed the output translation for next release.

Dunno about the locking - but this is not what we prefer.
Since we probably cannot read your foreign language, please fix it yourself.
(and please do not start an "edit war" on translations - lol)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-01-22, 21:29)myron Wrote: If you find errors in a language, please head over to weblate, register and/or login, and change it.

Although the translation is set to UTF8, we got an UTF16 "t" with a silent whitespace hyphen before (not visible in GUI)

Hi myron, thanks for your fast reply.
Well, I don't think it's polite to change the translation made by @roliverosc without his permission. That's why I'm suggesting some corrections to him and I'm not modifying his translation. But if you think it's right to do it, I can sign up for Weblate (please give me a link to the website) and fix those typos.
(2020-01-22, 21:43)boblo Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 21:29)myron Wrote: If you find errors in a language, please head over to weblate, register and/or login, and change it.

Well, I don't think it's polite to change the translation made by @roliverosc without his permission. That's why I'm suggesting some corrections to him and I'm not modifying his translation. But if you think it's right to do it, I can sign up for Weblate (please give me a link to the website) and fix those typos.

Thank you by the suggestion I have corrected it as much as possible. I have to sit quietly in front of the computer and look at that "tí-tulo" I would swear I didn't make that mistake.

The problem with weblate is precisely that anyone can modify a translation without the consent of the 99% of the translation.
(2020-01-22, 22:39)roliverosc Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 21:43)boblo Wrote:

Thank you by the suggestion I have corrected it as much as possible. I have to sit quietly in front of the computer and look at that "tí-tulo" I would swear I didn't make that mistake.

The problem with weblate is precisely that anyone can modify a translation without the consent of the 99% of the translation. 
Read carefully previous @myron reply. The hyphen issue it's not your fault, it seems is a bug related to text encoding:
Quote:Although the translation is set to UTF8, we got an UTF16 "t" with a silent whitespace hyphen before (not visible in GUI)
As an additional measure to avoid this, you can check the encoding of the translated PO file in a good text editor like Notepad++ (free tool). Make sure the status bar shows the 'UTF-8' text encoding. If not, convert the text from UTF-16 to UTF-8 with the editor.

Of course, it's not only the text 'ti-tulo', there are more instances with this issue, I only mentioned one of them.

On the other hand, don't worry, I will respect your translation. But keep in mind the Open Source world works in this way: everyone can collaborate in a project for better or for worse. Although there are more controlled environments like GitHub where you need special permissions granted by the owner if you want to make a new merge directly into the repository.
Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Translation Area - help TMM to help you1