• 9(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Cheers fernandovg.
Quote:- Video: black screen
Check all your settings, specifically audio output. As you can see previously in this thread audio output can default to analogue which seems to cause black screen.
But check all settings, it might be more things that changed.

Subtitles: Does this "fix" itself on next dialoge? It behaved like this for me prior to last build (where it didn´t work at all), but the unsync seemed to be fixed.
Also, how does skipping in video behave when subtitles are enabled?
Thanks. My settings were changed. It plays ok. I will test subs now.

Video calibrations are not compatible (oct and nov builds)
Subs: RW/FF still a problem
Is there a way when importing old gui settings file to keep settings (for example Audio)? Is this a bug?

Also, why do I need to re-calibrate video if I didn't changed resolution and etc?
Looks like the subtitle position is not been respected. Mine is set to 960 but appears higher in the screen (1080p screen)
I will try to take a screenshot to compare.
Settings has changed, I don´t think it´s a bug, just different.
Code has changed and if the new (or old) settings is not available in guisettings.xml it will revert to default.

Edit: I don´t know if I understood you correct, but if you mean that you want to revert to old guisettings when reverting XBMC build you should always backup guisettings.xml before installing a new test build as things might change.

Yes, subtitles does not seem to work very well on Nov builds, let´s hope someone will look into this. I have not tested the latest build yet, but previous builds subtitles was sometimes to low (beneath the screen) and position settings did not work at all (+ more issues as stated before).
any new builds to test?
I am still not at home and the only internet I have at the moment is a poor (and limited) mobile connection.
I am a bit interested in this (+ the new bavison PR´s) myself so when I get back home this weekend (or if I get a better connection) I will add a new test build.
Ok. Thanks
I managed to borrow some proper internet connection and had some time compiling a new build, so here goes;

Updated Gotham build, from popcornmix´s newclock3 which was rebased from XBMC master on Nov 26.
A bunch of interesting stuff to test, see newclock3.

Again, it is recommended that you update to latest firmware from master tree as explained in post #1.
To install, SSH to Pi and:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131128-newclock3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/knM5ro --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131128-newclock3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131128-newclock3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131128-newclock3
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

I am still not at home so I have not tested this build myself.
Again, I would appreciate anyone trying this build letting me know that it works.

I see a small change regarding subtitles, I don´t know if this will help the problem me and some people have reported, but if you test this please let me know how it works.
Hi Miappa,
Have just tried your latest build and it works fine for me :-)
I don't have any files with subtitles, so can't comment on them, but OSD when viewing video seems to be behaving now, before it wasn't appearing, or only intermittently.
Regards, Kevin.
Cheers bleep42.
However, have you tested latest (28 Nov build) already?
I am asking since your answer is only 4 minutes after I updated so perhaps you are testing the previous build?

Otherwise, wow, you are fast! Wink
I'm downloading it and when I get home will test it.
thanks!
Gui res not working. Could not try anything else
So far:
GUI did not start after switching to build.
Restarted xbmc via ssh.
GUI Res screwed up.
Fixing res now .. i hope seems like the GUI locked up on tv-show scan..
Thanks for testing and reporting Nod
Try to delete (first backup) guisettings.xml. This will reset all gui- and system settings etc.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15