• 12(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Any news around the DVD playback issue?
The last message was "It will be fixed in time" ... but I have a lot of DVD's on my NAS and currently not able to watch them :-(
@Koloss
Not yet in Gotham builds, but soon.

@cooliemueller
"fixed in time" I believe means that it will be fixed in time for Gotham. Remember, Frodo works fine which is still the release version.
Sam might have a certain answer, I really don´t know.
However, it is easy enough to compile XBMC (+ libraries) with dvd playback enabled for Gotham, but it is a bit controversial regarding legal status in some countries (for example see this from videolan) and therefor file hosting is problematic.
Most seems to don´t care, but personally I don´t want to get involved in such matters.
A file hosting service in a "proper" country would be best, I still use my personal public dropbox. Sad
I think I have a workaround though, it requires some work by the user. I´ll get back on this.

@fernandovg (and everyone else wondering about external subtitles)
I saw that popcornmix have gotten some info to work on now. Hopefully we have a fix quite soon.
Nice! Thanks
NB! This build will not work without libdvdcss. You have to compile this yourself as explained in post #1.
This is only necessary one time on a setup (next time you only have to copy the same file and create symlinks as explained below).
Legal warning: Check with your local laws to make sure usage of libdvdcss would be legal in your area.

Updated Gotham build. Newclock3 rebased on XBMC master 5th Dec, but with working dvd playback + possible fix for passtrhough/GUI sounds (+ other fixes, see newclock3).
First you have to compile libdvdcss yourself as explained in post #1, copy + create symlinks is included below.
As usual it is recommended that you use latest firmware from master tree (also explained in post #1).

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd.tar.gz http://goo.gl/s8foHr --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd
cd xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
wget http://goo.gl/WUgATG

in first posting will only create a plain text file in /home/pi/

had to download it with firefox and then copied the file manually

after that

I could go on with tar ......
Yes, of course, sorry about that.
I change it to:
Code:
wget -O libdvdcss-1.2.13.tar.bz2 http://goo.gl/WUgATG --no-check-certificate

Cheers!
Popcornmix seems to have fixed the subtitle problem so I decided to make a new build.
Gotham build, newclock3 rebased on XBMC master 6th Dec, with enabled dvd playback.
Main difference from last build is fix for external subtitles (I can confirm that it works!).
If you don´t have libdvdcss library already you first have to compile libdvdcss yourself as explained in post #1.
As usual it is recommended that you use latest firmware from master tree (also explained in post #1).

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd2.tar.gz http://goo.gl/oG5IeN --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd2
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd2.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd2
cd xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd2/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
Subs working!
Thanks Dom and miappa.
Will do some more testing

Does Sam know about the new setting that allow 1080p gui res ?
I've tried to follow the installation instructions ... but the cp is not working:

Code:
pi@raspbmc:~/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20131207-newclock3-dvd2/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc
/system$ cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0': No such file or directory

Do I have to install libdvdcss manually?
If yes, how?
@fernavndog
Sam knows about this, but this feature is only in Dom's newclock3, so Sam's patch is still needed for nightlies compiled from XBMC master.

The function is the same though.

@coolie
Hehe, read the instructions again. Wink
This is explained in post#1.
I renamed my guisettings so xbmc can create a new one. But everytime I reboot i lose video calibration. The other settings are saved.

How to make sure 1080p gui is working If I set screen resolution in config.txt (hdmi mode). Is there any OSD info that shows that?
Thanks for the hint Smile it's working !!!!!
Can someone confirm that XBMC its not keeping video calibration?.
I don´t use it, but tried it and it doesn´t seem to save it.
Also, as soon as I touch anything in video settings the following gets added in guisettings.xml which screws up everything:
http://pastebin.com/VPtMNpyr

Manually deleting this part in guisettings fixes it, but there is no way of doing it from GUI.

I have seen this before, funny enough only on builds where I enabled libdvdcss, which is also the only times where caching have been broken for me..... sounds weird, but I will compile the exact same build with libdvdcss disabled and see if it makes a diffrence.
Also, perhaps only in my mind, but XBMC builds with libdvdcss disabled feels snappier, specially when starting videos.
(2013-12-08, 15:09)miappa Wrote: I don´t use it, but tried it and it doesn´t seem to save it.
Also, as soon as I touch anything in video settings the following gets added in guisettings.xml which screws up everything:
http://pastebin.com/VPtMNpyr

Manually deleting this part in guisettings fixes it, but there is no way of doing it from GUI.

Do you have a 3d capable TV? I wonder if the 0.5 pixel ratios are some 3d sbs mode confusion?

(2013-12-08, 15:09)miappa Wrote: Also, perhaps only in my mind, but XBMC builds with libdvdcss disabled feels snappier, specially when starting videos.

All videos? (i.e. including mkv). That would seem unlikely. I think I'd need to see some measured timings to believe that.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15