• 22(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
No worries at all.
Is it the same on all builds here or just the latest?
I would be surprised if there is a difference at all, but check the lirc map files on different builds for difference.
Also, if it doesn´t work at all, check debug log if button pushes are registered.
hi ;
It's Is it the same Problem on the lates builds since 06.Dez, however - i recognized the living of the testbuilds to late :-)

I have two Raspberries and the comparison between them over SHH (Putty) indicated no difference in the conf-files.

name /home/pi/lircd.conf
bits 16
flags SPACE_ENC
eps 30
aeps 100

header 3527 1703
one 477 1267
zero 477 394
ptrail 476
pre_data_bits 32
pre_data 0x40040D00
gap 74794
toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes
KEY_0 0x9895
KEY_1 0x0805
KEY_2 0x8885
KEY_3 0x4845
KEY_4 0xC8C5
KEY_5 0x2825
KEY_6 0xA8A5
KEY_7 0x6865
KEY_8 0xE8E5
KEY_9 0x1815
KEY_AUDIO 0xCCC1
KEY_CLOSE 0x808D
KEY_BACK 0x202D
KEY_FORWARD 0xA0AD
KEY_ESC 0x6D60
KEY_DOWN 0x616C
KEY_PAGEUP 0xD9D4
KEY_PAGEDOWN 0x4944
KEY_UP 0xA1AC
KEY_RIGHT 0x111C
KEY_LEFT 0xE1EC
KEY_VIDEO 0x8984
KEY_SETUP 0x070A
KEY_EXIT 0xB4B9
KEY_PLAY 0x505D
Key_STOP 0x000D
Key_Pause 0x606D
KEY_VIDEO 0x8984
KEY_HOME 0x7974
KEY_PREVIOUS 0x929F
KEY_NEXT 0x525F
KEY_POWER 0xBCB1
KEY_SELECT 0x838E
KEY_ENTER 0x414C
end codes

end remote

....but this is realy only a very little Problem ;-)
Good to know.
There is lircmap.xml in the builds as well, I am guessing that these files will remap default lircd.conf.

Check if there is a difference between lircmap.xml in:
/home/pi/.upgrade/test-build/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system
and
/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc.bin/share/xbmc/system

I am starting to wonder if Sam´s patches are working for me... last build the patch for advancedsettings.xml did not work.
Next build I will check everything thoroughly.
Thanks miappa,
the debug logs are great - and i do not see any answer of missing Enter-button in lirc :-( ....puhhh

I don't see any differenc between these both directions in lircmap on the first seeing.

btw: It seems that "Dual Audio" don't work - i must set to "Analog" ?
I have a feeling that several Raspbmc patches has not worked properly in recent builds, RSS and advancedsettings is for certain and I have a suspicion that the remote patch has failed as well.
I´ll make a ne build shortly and check everything properly, this will also include Dom´s airplay fix (default to OMX instead of DVD).
I love You! :-) :-)

Positiv:
The Picturw on LCD with your testbuilds is much better [exelent!]
...than org.-xbmc-release. Greatly [blear]

I would rather work with this builds.

THX
Updated Gotham build from, based on XBMC master Jan 10 with newclock3 commits.
This is exactly the same as last build with only 1 extra patch to fix airplay defaulting to OMX instead of DVDPlayer (confirmed working).
But also some fixes where Raspbmc patches did not work such as advancedsettings etc.

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Nov/Dec update or latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140112-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/zth2m1 --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140112-nc3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20140112-nc3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20140112-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140112-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

If you come from an old build or from Frodo, deleting guisettings.xml is recommended.
Also, re-check all settings as some things can change and/or revert to default.
@doldi
There are some difference in lircmap.xml compared between Frodo and Gotham.
I am not sure exactly how this works, but if you want the exact same behaviour as in Raspbmc release you could try the following:
Code:
cd /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140112-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system
cp Lircmap.xml Lircmap.bak
cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml .
And restart XBMC.

This will backup the new file and copy the Frodo version to the test build.
Note that I used the latest build above, if you try this on another build you have to change xbmc-13-20140112-nc3.
Yeah , -

this will work now perectly for me on my on the first raspi with SD/USB config.
Remotecontrol with RC5 works .
Audio over HDMI 5.1, Dual, Passttrough is also o.k.
In further builds you can include this? (doldipatch lol)
Need i this xml [http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1597634] or is now included?

ok - on 2th Raspery (only SD card) will also work.
Only with analog Audio will dual Audio not work, but no Problem. I'm happy ;-)

THX@ miappa
You will not need to add the info to the default advencedsettings, it is included now.
Regarding dual audio, I am not sure how this works now with the recent change to ActiveAE etc, I guess popcornmix might have some more insight in this.

I rather stick to either XBMC default or Raspbmc "official" patches, perhaps this particular thing is something that will be fixed though (cannot answer if this is a bug or if it is the way it now works).
Hello miappa.

I was testing an use-case for a friend using the 3.5mm jack output and downmixing DTS/AC3 to stereo.

Testfile - specs

First I tried your latest build(20140112). Medium overclock.
The CPU was always at 100% and playback wasn´t smooth.
Screenshot

After that I tried OpenElec. Latest MilhouseVH build. No overclock.
CPU was around 50% and playback was smooth.
Screenshot

Does OpenElec have some other way of dealing with analog audio output?
I´m just wondering what the reason is.

Thanks
Afaik it should be the same. I get ≈40-60% on similar files, but I don´t use analogue audio though.
I have seen CPU issues when there have been glitches in settings etc. (could happen when you upgrade from Frodo for example), could you retry it after deleting guisettings.xml and re-set all correct settings?
If that don´t help, post a debug log.

Edit: Tested with a similar file and analogue audio, CPU ≈40-70% on my setup.
Hi,

I did some tests with the new version XBMC 13.0 ALPHA 12 Git: 20140111-1a28aef

Sound:
CD files PCM 16/44.1 are good
All HD file, DTS, AC3, FLA MCH 24/96, ... are playing like a vinyl 45 on 33 rpm. Sad
With previous (don't remember which) it was good.

Skin:
When I play and want to stop, I draw the mouse on the left to open the "View option".
Before click, if I remove the mouse, the panel closes.
If I click on the panel, it sticks and I can't remove it. I have to right click to close MUSIC.
After that, when I click back to MUSIC, the panel is sometime gone but other time it is still here.

CEC:
I set up CEC to start and stop my AVR when Raspbmc starts. It doesn't work (previous version was working, I don't remember what version)
I set up CEC adapter, "Connected to device = AVR" as I don't have a CEC-HDMI, when I restart, this feature is back on TV.

I am not very skilled on the new version so I could have done something wrong, so be cool with me. Wink

Let me know if you need more info.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Hey MrNice,
It´s difficult to know exactly what setup you have and where you came from, I don´t recognize these issues (running 2 Pi´s without issues so far, HDMI and no passtrhough).

Sound:
Passthrough? Multichannel PCM? Downmixed? Video? Music? Your settings?

First thing, see to that you start with a fresh guisettings.xml and restart XBMC. I have repeated that many times and will probably continue. Wink
Many changes with settings, both for audio and video, and it can cause issues if you have old or invisible settings in there.
Even better is if you can start with a fresh .xbmc directory.

If that don´t help, post a debug log.

Skin:
Test again after you deleted guisettings, if it doesn´t help make a new thread and explain the issue as it might be a bug in Gotham.
I don´t use mouse myself so cannot test this.

CEC:
Libcec version was updated a while back, but this was updated in Raspbmc as well. I have included this version since November if I remember correct.
That said, do you run latest Raspbmc? There shouldn´t be any diffference if that is the case.
Hi miappa,
I've just tried xbmc-13-20140112-nc3, having come from xbmc-13-20140107-nc3 and I'm having problems with Iplayer streaming.
If I start to watch a program, from the very beginning the video is jerky and the sound goes way out of sync, 5 to 10 seconds out of sync, it may get worse, I've given up after less than a minute.
If I go back to xbmc-13-20140107-nc3 and replay the same program it's fine, I've even tried re installing xbmc-13-20140112-nc3 again just in case it was corrupted, I get the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks for all your hard work.
Regards, Kevin.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15