• 29(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
It´s easy to test and I don´t think you need that much memory to be able to play DVD iso´s.
I have a feeling that the problem is when playing HD content.

But of course I am not certain, so test it and see how it works.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master Jan 26 + newclock3 and additional commits.
See here to compare with XBMC master.

Info:
XBMC master from Jan 26
• Several improvements in handling repos and addons
• DVDPlayer with hardware acceleration (optional video/dvd player)
• Fix for season art (should help Amber/skin.widget users)
• Updated: Fix HLS variant selection (https & pvr)
• Extra logging regarding EDL (for better debugging)
• Fix for automatic switch to 3D mode

Recommendations:
• Libdvdcss (see post #1), this might be required
• Dec update or latest firmware from master (see post #1)
Fresh guisettings.xml if you come from Frodo or old Gotham
• Recheck all settings after install

For DVDPlayer testers, see post #1 (Note additional config.txt settings required for passthrough and additional players).

To install, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140127-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/TLZAk7 --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140127-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140127-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140127-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140127-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
@miappa: Thanks for the hint with the additional entries in the config.txt! Those did the trick! Now hdmi passthrough is also working with dvdplayer Smile
After using dvdplayer as the main viewer for the last couple of days I am seeing a little stutter (especially noticeable on panning scenes) during playback of 720p mkv files. I am not getting stutter with omxplayer. I am overclocked to 1000 and all audio is passed through (and some other stuff, too, but I'm at work and I can't remember the particulars). Is this to be expected while dvdplayer is in development or is there a setting I am missing? I know I don't have all of the relevant information, but I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same. Thanks!

Edit: I'm using the latest nightly also (XBMC Master 1/26)
(2014-01-28, 17:02)grainybazzles Wrote: After using dvdplayer as the main viewer for the last couple of days I am seeing a little stutter (especially noticeable on panning scenes) during playback of 720p mkv files. I am not getting stutter with omxplayer. I am overclocked to 1000 and all audio is passed through (and some other stuff, too, but I'm at work and I can't remember the particulars). Is this to be expected while dvdplayer is in development or is there a setting I am missing? I know I don't have all of the relevant information, but I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same. Thanks!

dvdplayer handles syncing to display differently. Try enabling "Sync playback to display" and "A/V sync method [Audio Clock, Video Clock(resample audio) or Video Clock(Drop/Dupe Audio)]"
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
Thanks, great work!

btw ...it's possible to add lircmap.bak in the next updates?

"cd /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140127-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system"
"cp Lircmap.xml Lircmap.bak"
"cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml ."

(something OT: Who's the chef-super-agent of the *xbmc-master-armeabi-v7.apk* for Android? - I'm not able to play content like on Raspi - "play all from here")

;-)

Best Regards
doldi
NB! Personally I have issues with this build where XBMC most of the time quits as soon as it has started.
I see other users on this build without this problem though.
If you run into this problem, the 30 Jan build should not have this issue.

Updated Gotham build, XBMC master Jan 26 + newclock3 and additional commits.
See here to compare with XBMC master.

Info:
XBMC master from Jan 26
• Several improvements in handling repos and addons
• DVDPlayer with hardware acceleration (optional video/dvd player)
• Fix: Season art (should help Amber/skin.widget users)
• Updated (again): Fix HLS variant selection (https & pvr)
• Fix for EDL files and OMXPlayer
• Implement libcurl openssl thread-safe locking

Recommendations:
• Libdvdcss (see post #1), this might be required
• Dec update or latest firmware from master (see post #1)
Fresh guisettings.xml if you come from Frodo or old Gotham
• Recheck all settings after install

For DVDPlayer testers, see post #1 (Alternative players, note additional config.txt settings required for passthrough).

To install, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140128-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/TLZAk7 --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140128-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140128-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140128-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140128-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
@doldi
You need to run:
Code:
cd /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140128-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system
cp Lircmap.xml Lircmap.bak
cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml .

Doh... I see you probably got a grip on this, nevermind. Wink

@all
Small warning, I actually had some trouble with this build. Ran fine for a while, but got in trouble after a reboot.
Don´t have much time to test it and it can be my setup as my USB seems to start failing, but I suspected library/symlink problems so I copied from working 27 Jan build and ran 'ldconfig' but nog go.
Back on 27 Jan for the moment, will test more tomorrow.

So if anyone brave got it working (or ran into trouble for tham matter), let me know.
@miappa

And I'd only just updated last night, Thanks for all these releases. Great to know we can be on cutting edge versions of Gotham.

On a side note:
Anyone know how to reduce the repeat delay for remote button press? I think it's currently at 1000ms before repeating, but that's quite some time, and then my old harmony keeps sending a signal after I've let go as it's buffered how long I've held the key.
That's not a Harmony fault, just fact of life cause of the 1000ms delay before starting repeating.

Cheers

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hi vbat99

On my Harmony 785 is that Delay adjustable, of course :-)

I had problems with the DVICO Mediaplayer - resolverd.
Have a look in / to the settings of Logitech Remote Soft.

I'm searching long time for the "Context " (right Click on mouse) IR command for Raspberry .... nothing will work, hmmm
Standard Codecs have 4 marks - this cotext however 8th, argh.

....but this is really something ot here :-)

;-)
hi everyone,

I've been using raspbmc release build for some time now and have decided to try some of the Gotham nightlies, there has been some great work done and there are a lot of noticeable improvements, however in settings under video - playback, i have sync playback to display enabled but the a/v sync method is missing,

has this option been taken out or is it just me?

I have the expert settings enabled and it is missing in whichever nightly version I try, however if i switch back to the release build the setting is there

Cheers
Dan
(2014-01-29, 19:27)doldi Wrote: Hi vbat99

On my Harmony 785 is that Delay adjustable, of course :-)

I had problems with the DVICO Mediaplayer - resolverd.
Have a look in / to the settings of Logitech Remote Soft.

I'm searching long time for the "Context " (right Click on mouse) IR command for Raspberry .... nothing will work, hmmm
Standard Codecs have 4 marks - this cotext however 8th, argh.

....but this is really something ot here :-)

;-)

As mentioned, this isn't a Harmony delay issue, as same remote used for XBMCbuntu Gotham, and delay between holding down the key, and repeat is half a second? smigen either way?

But on Raspbmc, I read the repeat-delay is 1000ms.
For example, list of movies, press and hold down to run through the list, and you can count 1 thousand and 1, and then Raspbmc starts flicking down the list.

I'd love to get this reduced, if it's not possible, then it's not possible.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
ok
i have make a little Test - i think a chance to another Skin (confluence) will reduce your Problem.
On PM3.HD i notice the identical behavior - I dare say you're right. :-)

Standart Skin will work for me - it seemed all things would work a little faster ;-)

Do You have an 100nF 'C direktly between the Vdd and Vss Pins on TSOP?
I notice without it's terrible to handle IR on Raspi.
@popcornmix
Are there any new libraries or dependencies introduced with koying´s libcurl fix, or perhaps anything else I am missing?
With it XBMC exits as soon as it has started (almost 100%, but for some reason I managed to run it a couple of times, and other users seems fine?). Nothing shows in any logs (only exit...).
Tested on 2 Pi´s and 2 different builds.

Without it everything seems to work.

Edit: Nevermind... same problem without it, it must be something else... hmm....
(2014-01-30, 17:46)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
Are there any new libraries or dependencies introduced with koying´s libcurl fix, or perhaps anything else I am missing?
With it XBMC exits as soon as it has started (almost 100%, but for some reason I managed to run it a couple of times, and other users seems fine?). Nothing shows in any logs (only exit...).
Tested on 2 Pi´s and 2 different builds.

Without it everything seems to work.

Edit: Nevermind... same problem without it, it must be something else... hmm....

I've been trying to figure this out too. I am able to compile with no issues using the Raspbmc buildfs, but it always crashes after showing the XBMC logo.

The xbmc.log shows:
22:48:24 99695.484375 T:3039698944 WARNING: Unable to resolve: libcurl-gnutls.so.4 CRYPTO_set_id_callback, reason: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: undefined symbol: CRYPTO_set_id_callback
22:48:24 99695.484375 T:3039698944 ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll libcurl-gnutls.so.4
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15