• 35(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Hey nalor,

Regarding menus, yes I noticed this as well, I don´t hav emany but even 3 images that didn´t play at all before now plays perfectly with DVDPlayer. Smile
Regarding the upside down issue, I believe it´s a known issue, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1624520
(2014-02-13, 21:55)nalor Wrote: Hello!

Tried the new build and finally the dvd menu seems to be solved! Yippie!!!

But unfortunately another bug is present at the moment:

Most of the videos during dvd playback are played upside down?

Here's a logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130602

The first video has been played correctly, next comes the language selection menu (that is finally useable Smile and at last the warning video against piracy is played upside down....
(I tried several dvds and all of them show the same behaviour, sometimes when I enter the main menu the background video is played in the correct direction, next I enter a submenu and return to the main menu and now the background video is played upside down?)

But thanks for the fix for the dvd-menus!

Upside down means deinterlace is enabled. Turn that off for now. Should be able to fix that at weekend.
btw - DVD Menues on Video_TS- > The Big Easy ;-)

i have no chance to start up this video in Menue, because the "overlay" from xbmc-info will me not allow to the "point" of the vertical start "click", sorry (in german: Film ab = start)
After some time, the overlay exit and i click 3x Return the Video starts...fine
[old german stupid boy) lol

love you all :-)
Thanks for the fast responce and at all thanks for the great work!

I'll try with a changed deinterlace setting and I think it should start to follow the openelec thread more closely Wink
Second build today due to a very interesting patch from bavison...

Same as previous build with one extra commit from bavison.
This patch should reduce the time to re-enter a library considerably.

New firmware available (Feb 12, see last build)

Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140213-nc3-2.tar.gz http://goo.gl/UeiW6p --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140213-nc3-2
pv xbmc-13-20140213-nc3-2.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140213-nc3-2
cd xbmc-13-20140213-nc3-2/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
(2014-02-13, 22:45)doldi Wrote: [old german stupid boy) lol

Well, then you must be happy to see that you're a junior member on this forum!

I am so glad to see that the dvd menu issues seem to be solved! I just installed the latest build, going to try it later tonight!
Thanks to all involved in this amazing project Big Grin
Indeed the new build fixes the DVD menu problem - very nice :-)
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Feb 14 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Reduce rate of clock change to reduce video stutters
• Remove flip on video render, should fix upside down video (new firmware required)
• Parsing of SMB URLs when a domain is supplied
• + same newclock3 commits as previous build (koying´s libcurl/openssl PR reverted)

New firmware available (Feb 14)
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140214-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/6Fs5sl --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140214-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140214-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140214-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140214-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
Hi, miappa. Thanks for your efforts on this version.
Just want to know how to remove previous nightly bulit versions from RaspBMC?
Easiest (and fastest) is just to delete them via SSH (added to post#1):
Code:
rm /home/pi/.upgrade/name_of_build.tar.gz
sudo rm -R /home/pi/.upgrade/name_of_build

You could do it via SFTP, FTP, SMB etc. but it will probably be much slower since it might index everything and delete every file separately (and there are many files in XBMC).

It should also be possible to do this from the Raspbmc Settings addon, but I believe that this leaves the tarball(?).
Why do I have to go to the settings menu everytime I power off the Raspberry Pi. If I restart there is no issue. Unplug the power and every setting is lost. I even end up with RSS enabled.
Thanks very much, miappa, for the Feb 14 build, plus all the post #1 info. I've been waiting months for DVD menus to work, and now they do!
The last build resulted in upside-down-mirrored video.

EDIT: Installing the latest firmware fixed it.(which I forgot but eventually did, of course.)
(2014-02-15, 13:14)Gregoire Wrote: The last build resulted in upside-down-mirrored video.

Did you update firmware?
@mduran
Don´t just pull the plug, it will sooner or later break your setup ending up having to re-install.
It´s a computer, and it is not a read only system, things will corrupt if you just pull the plug

But, this is what I did and tested which seems to have worked though: http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...5#pid94815
In theory (seems to work for some at least) guisettings.xml is either being written to or is saved in RAM, and if you pull the plugg it will either corrupt (ending up with a new guisettings) or Pi will have no time to save the file properly.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15