• 46(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
@emelar
How do you enable the sound card in these builds?
I actually have no idea so it would be good to know (see post above yours).
I tried to get latest Firmware and latest kernel updates to see if there is a better support for external soundcards now
as described in the postings before

but the result was a lost of SSH login

had to use factory reset again Confused

and ( sorry I´m still a beginner with that) this : "sudo BRANCH=next rpi-update" did not work for me
(2014-03-03, 09:59)miappa Wrote: I don´t know much about this to be honest and don´t have anything to test myself, but I don´t think that turning on external sound card in Raspbmc setttings is the correct way to do this on these builds(?).
I thought that you should be able to choose another output in XBMC settings, and turning on the sound card in Raspbmc settings would probably mess things up, but I am not certain about this.
Please correct me if I am wrong anyone.

That sounds right. The external sound card in raspbmc settings will enable the omx alsa component which has never worked fully and will likely break omxplayer.
Leave that switch off in these builds.
(2014-03-03, 13:26)bylderup Wrote: I tried to get latest Firmware and latest kernel updates to see if there is a better support for external soundcards now
as described in the postings before

but the result was a lost of SSH login

had to use factory reset again Confused

and ( sorry I´m still a beginner with that) this : " did not work for me

You might need:
Code:
sudo RPI_UPDATE_UNSUPPORTED=0 BRANCH=next rpi-update
on raspbmc.
Would it be possible to auto-update the nightlies? (With a script or something like that?)
One other question.. Is it possible to disable the "Incompatible addons" check?
Hi Miappa not sure if you've seen this on the raspbmc forum but can you remove this from your builds or is it still something Sam has to do? http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...7#pid97277
@itsjoey
1. These are unofficial test builds, anybody is welcome to post test builds here (that was actually my intention with this thread, but it´s been quite lonely so far).
And I will not do this forever + I have no proper file hosting so there will be no "official" way to install them (might vary).
However, anybody is welcome to make a script if they want. Someone made an attempt previously in this thread you can check out.
But, as it is simply to copy/paste the complete instruction into a terminal window I personally see no reason to do this.

2. You can "hack" your addons, but the check is there for a reason -> When Gotham is ready it will protect people from installing incompatible addons.
Remember, these are (unofficial) test builds. You might get a better answer in the main forum as this is a question for Gotham in general.
The proper way though would be to get the addon author to update for Gotham.

@Atinkler
Only XBMC builds here. No touchy rootfs or boot. Wink
If that is a change that should be done I am sure Sam will include it in the next update. It is also quite easy to change yourself if you want.
No problem I've changed the cmdline.txt now.
Cheers
Looks that there is some problems with vorbis codec on latest build when using HDMI sounds. Example with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4K7YHC_50
After I rollbacked to 20140228-nc3 works without any problems Smile
Thanks miappa and popcornmix.

I disabled external sound cards in Raspbmc settings but still nothing. The audio sources show only HDMI and analogue. Interestingly enough when I try to play back a mp3 on wither omxplayer or DVDPlayer neither will work, paplayer works (i.e. I can see playback in the GUI) but still no output...

I'll fiddle around some more, it's my spare pi so no biggie if I break it!
Good evening,

I have question regarding dual audio output, this isn't working. Normally I am using standard hdmi connection and activation of dualmode. The software / firmware where this is working is pichimney. Maybe I am doing somethimg wrong, but unfortunately I can't find my mistake.

Suggestions are more then welcome.
@SomeOne2367
Tested it briefly no my Pi and it worked for me. Exactly what doesn´t work?

@Volvo70
Dual audio only works with OMXPlayer.
See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1610049
@miappa,
Thank you for your answer, but streaming Internet radio is which player?

@miappa,
Will adjust advancedsettings and see if this solves the problem.
@popcornmix

Truehd is working, I have a 7.1 TrueHD movie, only hickup every few seconds, let say 6 to 8 seconds. Don't have a 5.1 to test. Receiver displays PCM on the screen but the sound is 5.1.
(I only have 5.1 speakers setup)
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15