• 48(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Everything is finished and extracted.

I don't seem to get much results when entering these commands though.

cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so

Do i have to get some sort of output back from command line after entering these three commands?
It just crashes and not booting up after i press the install button in rasbmc.
And i find it weird that the build is all gone in nightly builds just after this happens. I have to redownload and extract etc.
Sounds like your setup is broken somehow, never seen it before.
And the last three lines should not output anything unless there is an error so that looks correct.

You probably need to debug yourself a bit, difficult to know what is going wrong.
Broken setup (corrupted scripts etc.), low on space, check the .upgrade directory before trying to switch... really don´t know.

A debug log and syslog might show something though.
(2014-03-05, 17:20)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 02:07)doublea Wrote: Your small packets patch (74b06ec) introduced a bug for me when using the cmyth pvr addon. While both audio/video play fine with both HD & SD content, the SD streams display repeating buffering messages every ~3 seconds. Oddly, it doesn't happen with 720p content, just the low-def streams. I tried to modify advancedsettings.xml and increase cache settings, but to no avail. For the time being, I've gone back to the 2/28 build which works fine.

I'd be interesting if setting cacheindvdplayer=0 helps:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

I just tried it & no difference, still buffers.
@miappa

Thanks for the build, now to start testing the virtual sleep and see if the TV does go to suspend.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
removed
argh! while HDMI1 screen goes to black, I have the [HDMI1] still in the top left corner of the TV. Seems my TV won't go to eco or suspend on HDMI.

It does have CEC, but can't find anything on power saving in the tv menu. Well, it does have PC powersaving, but that I know is only for the RGB port (tested with HTPC and working).

Oh darn.

Maybe I could set up an IR transmitter on the GPIO that sends the TV Off signal? LOL. (spit-ballin ideas).
Media Companion Dev.
@vbat99: You might still need rbphdmi in that case, proxy the call to @bin.tvservice and execute whatever CEC commands are required by your TV. When suspend is supported by the Pi, rbphdmi will no longer restart xbmc.bin, it will just make the calls to @bin.tvservice onsleep and onwake, which you can then intercept and do with whatever you like (see this post which uses cec-client to turn on/off the TV[/url], not tested myself though).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-05, 19:09)MilhouseVH Wrote: @vbat99: You might still need rbphdmi in that case, proxy the call to @bin.tvservice and execute whatever CEC commands are required by your TV. When suspend is supported by the Pi, rbphdmi will no longer restart xbmc.bin, it will just make the calls to @bin.tvservice onsleep and onwake, which you can then intercept and do with whatever you like (see this post which uses cec-client to turn on/off the TV[/url], not tested myself though).

Thanks MillhouseVH. Looks like that'll be a weekend thing to test. But it does sound like what I need.
I may post more in the 'Power Save' thread instead of cluttering this one with my woes. LOL.
Media Companion Dev.
These test builds here are wonderful, XBMC is great on a Pi.

I have a HifiBerry DAC and It's working but not in XBMC.
I'm using the latest build here with updated kernel and firmware.
The Hifiberry is listed in aplay -l and I can play flac files with paplay through terminal.

But I can't select it in XBMC, it's not listed under audio output devices, and playing with paplay through XMBC does not output any sound.

What setting do I need to get XBMC recognize my HifiBerry, it doesn't show up in the log under Enumerated ALSA devices.
(When I plug in an USB audio DAC, the USB DAC is listed under the audio devices after I restart XBMC, and is working fine)
(2014-03-05, 21:50)ElectricPim Wrote: These test builds here are wonderful, XBMC is great on a Pi.

I have a HifiBerry DAC and It's working but not in XBMC.

There is a confirmed working openelec build here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638543

that may be worth trying.
I will try that, thx.

Anyway I use MPD for playing audio files, and OpenElec doesn't let me install that, so I prefer Raspbmc.
Hifiberry support must be close in Raspbmc, I guess.
(2014-03-05, 15:24)miappa Wrote: * Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode
FYI, I use as an homemade solution, wrapped in a python web script and accessible on my LAN:
Code:
-pkill -SIGSTOP xbmc.bin #pause
-pkill -SIGCONT xbmc.bin  #continue
-cat /proc/`pgrep xbmc.bin`/status | grep -i '^State'
This brings CPU usage for XBMC to nill, while using MDP e.g., can activate XBMC instantly again. Power-off monitor by hand.
haven't found any issues yet.

The latest (5/03) build doesn't let me power-off the Pi through the menu. It simply restarts XBMC (same as Exit)
Hi all

I'm a noob regarding the raspberry pi but have some knowledge of unix and general computer soft and hardware.
To my question! I managed to install xbmc-13-20140301-nc3 via SSH and the performance over the regular raspbmc is great.
But now i get a question if i want to update! Update to what? will it push a version of rasbmc or the latest gotham build?

BR
Bengt

(2014-03-05, 17:55)Richrdj Wrote: Everything is finished and extracted.

I don't seem to get much results when entering these commands though.

cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so

Do i have to get some sort of output back from command line after entering these three commands?
It just crashes and not booting up after i press the install button in rasbmc.
And i find it weird that the build is all gone in nightly builds just after this happens. I have to redownload and extract etc.

I had the same problem a few days ago. I figured out i needed to install the libdvdcss files found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176043
scroll down a bit and you will find the instructions, then go back and follow the rest of the instructions.
just make sure your in the correct directory!

Good luck
(2014-03-05, 22:09)popcornmix Wrote: There is a confirmed working openelec build here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638543

that may be worth trying.
Yes, that is great. Working fine.
HifiBerry is sounding better than my USB DAC. Somehow passthrough isn't available. (Hifiberry DAC Analog)
And I would recommend setting gpu_mem=256 in config.txt.

So why isn't it recognized in Raspbmc yet.
In my quest I id a rpi-update which brought a new kernel (3.10.32). That made the Hifiberry show up in aplay -l, but still not showing up in XBMC.

The new kernel also brought a regression, a stutter in all videos played (streams and various files) every few seconds. In DVDplayer not in OMXplayer. Small but very noticeable. An `out of sync message` in debug-log.

Very annoying, so I went back to a fresh install of Raspbmc, which is kind of nasty in NOOBS, because you have to reinstall every OS.

What module do we need in the default 3.10.24 kernel to get HifiBerry working for mpd and aplay, and what do we need to make it show up in XBMC? I won't recommend an rpi-update for the kernel at the moment in a default install.

BTW the OpenElec works fine with Hifiberry, no stuttering.
(2014-03-06, 18:42)ElectricPim Wrote: BTW the OpenElec works fine with Hifiberry, no stuttering.

Does "aplay <wav file>" actually work on rasbmc (i.e. produce good audio)?
If that works and xbmc doesn't then I'd guess miappa has something misconfigured (like ALSA being enabled in configure options).
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15