• 54(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-03-11, 02:32)popcornmix Wrote: We had the same issue with HifiBerry card (which uses some of the same drivers as Wolfson). 24-bit audio doesn't work, and has been reverted:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...538173b9b2
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, this pointed me into the right direction!

Your patch alone wasn't enough for the Wolfson card, I also had to disable S24_LE playback in sound/soc/bcm/bcm2708-i2s.c:
Code:
@@ -718,7 +718,7 @@ static struct snd_soc_dai_driver bcm2708_i2s_dai = {
                .channels_max = 2,
                .rates =        SNDRV_PCM_RATE_8000_192000,
                .formats =      SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S16_LE
-                               | SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S24_LE
+                               // | SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S24_LE : disable for now, it causes white noise with xbmc
                                | SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S32_LE
                },
        .capture = {
In case anyone's interested here's the compiled kernel (3.10.y @ c43739885d512c92c0aa443b5895b96df5141da0 plus wolfson patches plus S24_LE disable patches):
http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/wolfson-k...140311.tgz
and here are my udev rules changes + wolfson init scripts:
http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/wolfson-udev-140311.tgz

BTW: do you happen to know if someone's working on getting the wolfson patches cleaned up and added into master?

so long,

Hias
(2014-03-11, 20:47)HiassofT Wrote: BTW: do you happen to know if someone's working on getting the wolfson patches cleaned up and added into master?
I've not heard of anyone doing this.
(2014-03-11, 08:36)miappa Wrote: @mindgam3
Not allowed to discuss or support piracy addons here. However, it sounds like you didn´t update your firmware(?).

Bingo, and my appologies wont happen again.
I'm pulling out what's left of my hair! I cannot seem to get XBMC to recognise this HiFiBerry card!

I've updated to the latest firmware (10 March), running miappa's latest build, installed alsa-utils, edited etc/modules, aplay will play a test tone...

...but XBMC doesn't want to play. Nothing in the GUI, if I add it as a default device in guisettings it gets overwritten, added it in advanced settings but still no joy.

Back to analogue for the moment, a shame as I'm driving a pair of Electrovoice Sentry 100's with a nice BGW power-amp... and the speakers have history in an interesting recording studio.
(2014-03-11, 19:48)Gregoire Wrote: Installed the last build. After reboot a sudden loud white noise. Had to disable "keep sound alive" (or something since I'm on a non english system) in audio settings.

EDIT: and yes, thanks! Again!

Wow I've got the same... But it isnt fixed by disabling keep sound alive. Went back to the older build Sad.
First, just to make sure, see to that you have the latest firmware from March 10 installed (required).

If you are sure you have all required things, you probably should let the devs know what audio setup you have.
Personally I don´t have this issue, but I have a quite simple setup with HDMI and no passthrough.
(2014-03-12, 11:47)miappa Wrote: First, just to make sure, see to that you have the latest firmware from March 10 installed (required).

Yes, white noise is the behaviour you will get from latest xbmc build with old firmware.
(2014-03-12, 09:09)Irisheyes Wrote: Back to analogue for the moment, a shame as I'm driving a pair of Electrovoice Sentry 100's with a nice BGW power-amp... and the speakers have history in an interesting recording studio.

It does work with OpenELEC. I believe the latest Milhouse builds supports it. This build is confirmed as working:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638543
(2014-03-12, 13:36)popcornmix Wrote: Yes, white noise is the behaviour you will get from latest xbmc build with old firmware.

I´ll reconsider the installation process and from now on add the installation of new firmware before the build.
Perhaps I should even include it in the tarball... I´ll think about it.
Several people miss this it seems... even if there are posts around, above, below... pretty much everywhere explaining this to another user that missed it.
Come on guys! Wink

(2014-03-12, 13:40)popcornmix Wrote: It does work with OpenELEC. I believe the latest Milhouse builds supports it. This build is confirmed as working:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638543

I would really like to see an updated Raspbmc build with new kernel. Or someone else providing an experimental build.
I won´t do it though, don´t know how (would take too much time to get into it) and got nothing to test on. And could never support it.
(2014-03-12, 13:51)miappa Wrote: I´ll reconsider the installation process and from now on add the installation of new firmware before the build.
Perhaps I should even include it in the tarball... I´ll think about it.
Several people miss this it seems... even if there are posts around, above, below... pretty much everywhere explaining this to another user that missed it.
Come on guys! Wink

Personally I think openelec is much better in this regard.
New xbmc features often rely on updated firmware and kernel (firmware more so, kernel update is only required for I2S sound card users).
They should be updated together.

Now this should really be a part of the raspbmc update mechanism.
But as you are the only one producing updates at the moment it may be worth doing something yourself.
(2014-03-12, 13:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 11:47)miappa Wrote: First, just to make sure, see to that you have the latest firmware from March 10 installed (required).

Yes, white noise is the behaviour you will get from latest xbmc build with old firmware.

When I installed the test build it still recommended the march 6 (or 3..have to look it up) firmware.
On another note; when using "live tv" aspect ratio or zoom does not work. Full screen is all you see. Switching aspect ratio get's you a partial screen of fullscreen. Funny.
(2014-03-12, 15:14)Gregoire Wrote: When I installed the test build it still recommended the march 6 (or 3..have to look it up) firmware.

You are right, it said 3rd but linked to the 10th... another reason why I should include it in the installation (allthough, previous one was from 28th of Feb).
Not sure how you want to handle the firmware etc in the install. You could include everything including firmware and updated .xbmc-current in the archive if you were to unpack it to the root of the drive.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Hey Dilligaf,
Do you know if there is anything else to it than to create a symlink?
If it´s as easy as that I see no problem, I´ll simply unpack, create a new symlink, move the firmware to /boot and reboot.
But if the Raspbmc addon is doing something more (this is the reason why I have suggested to use Raspbmc addon), two steps (or another approach) might be necessary.
It's just a symlink to xbmc-bcm in the install folder /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-2014****-nc3/xbmc-bcm/ nothing special. As long as you duplicate the folder structure in the archive you can unpack it to the root of the drive ( / ) and all the files will be placed in their correct location, of course you'll need sudo
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15