• 55(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Thanks, I´ll look into it.
@miappa, can you help me with this?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188837

There's no Sam's NB at Rapbmc settings.

thanks!
Problem with withe noise is now solved in this new build.
(Dual Audio, Passtrough, audio-device not aktiv switched, DTS & AC3 on)

Thanks - Analog Output works now fine. :-)
(2014-03-11, 17:40)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 11 + newclock3 commits + additional commits.

Some info:
• Many things in master since last build (changelog)
• NC3: Fix some issues with buffering and multichannel
• NC3: [hifiberry] Hack to enable passthrough options (new kernel still needed)
• NC3: Fix for 3D movies not in 16/9 format (no stretching)
• Additional/SQLite: Updated SQLite version
• Additional/SQLite: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
• Additional: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
• Additional: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu (updated)

Firmware from 10 of Mar recommended (required for some things).
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140311-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/0XgMuy --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140311-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140311-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140311-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140311-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.

I updated firmware and now the commands to update xbmc all need sudo, before they didn't. Is this a normal thing to happen?
I don´t see why that would happen when updating GPU firmware... you have to have done something else that caused it.
Or you are in the wrong directory.
(2014-03-12, 23:31)miappa Wrote: I don´t see why that would happen when updating GPU firmware... you have to have done something else that caused it.
Or you are in the wrong directory.
I did nothing different.... I'm only using pi user, even wget command needs sudo...
Only using sudo the commands to update work.

How can I confirm if I updated correctly to latest firmware?
Well, something has happened, that is for sure. I am definitely not always right (far from it), but if I got a penny every time someone said that... Wink
Either way it "shouldn´t" be related to anything here.
First do a reboot and see if it persists.

You can check the latest version of firmware with:
Code:
vcgencmd version

If something have happened to the permissions of /home/pi you can run the following to correct it:
Code:
sudo chown -R pi:pi /home/pi
sudo chmod -R 755 /home/pi
(2014-03-12, 23:50)miappa Wrote: Well, something has happened, that is for sure. I am definitely not always right (far from it), but if I got a penny every time someone said that... Wink
Either way it "shouldn´t" be related to anything here.
First do a reboot and see if it persists.

You can check the latest version of firmware with:
Code:
vcgencmd version

If something have happened to the permissions of /home/pi you can run the following to correct it:
Code:
sudo chown -R pi:pi /home/pi
sudo chmod -R 755 /home/pi

I restored a backup img, made all the steps and now I can make the commands, I dont understand what when wrong the other time, I made the same steps...
(2014-03-12, 23:50)miappa Wrote: You can check the latest version of firmware with:
Code:
vcgencmd version

Maybe you should include this in your first post. I guess this is not the last time you have to guide someone on how to check the firmware
Next build and thereafter will include the firmware, but sure I can add it. Smile
Edit: Done. Note that you can check the firmware version in xbmc.log as well.
Hi there

After the 2 last updates the sound when streaming through Youtube addon skrews up the sound every 3secons.
Anyone else have this problem or a solution to this?
(2014-03-12, 09:09)Irisheyes Wrote: I'm pulling out what's left of my hair! I cannot seem to get XBMC to recognise this HiFiBerry card!

I've updated to the latest firmware (10 March), running miappa's latest build, installed alsa-utils, edited etc/modules, aplay will play a test tone...

...but XBMC doesn't want to play. Nothing in the GUI, if I add it as a default device in guisettings it gets overwritten, added it in advanced settings but still no joy.
You need also a new kernel. 3.10.32 (rpi-update)
@popcornmix
Any new dependencies introduced with the latest commit? Or something missing perhaps?
Code:
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
make: *** [configure] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/src/temp/xbmc/tools/rbp/depends/xbmc'

Edit: nvm, something else... get the error without the latest (true hd) commit..
@miappa
Install libboost-dev

B-Berski
Thanks, I did, but this was a total brain fart from my side... I deleted my complete cc library by mistake and it took a while before I noticed. *stupidstupidstupid*
Wasn´t the first thing I could think of... :S
Had a backup though so up and running again.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15