• 59(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-03-15, 19:30)popcornmix Wrote: Unfortunately xbmc doesn't allow that degree of control (if it were just looking at the file extension, it would be easier, but you do have to open the player to parse the file to make this decision).
There is a long term plan to merge omxplayer and dvdplayer, which may make automatic switching like this possible, but that won't happen for a long time and will involve refactoring a lot of dvdplayer code which may be hard to get accepted.
I totally understand about having to parse the video to decide on the encoding type and the desired player. That makes total sense.

If it's possible in this build to do it by the file extension of the container (e.g. not the actual encoding of the video stream inside the container), then please let me know. Either way, I'm quite pleased with this build and plan to stay on it for a while.

Thanks.
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3
(2014-03-15, 15:46)popcornmix Wrote: A fix for bad audio with vorbis has been pushed to newclock3.
I've tested the latest build and it's working fine.
Thank you very much for the great work Smile
Hello there,

I have an issue with those builds (even the latest 20140315): audio track of videos is played high-pitched, even though the video itself seems to be played at normal speed. It is happening with HD and SD mp4 videos with AAC audio and SD avi videos with mp3 audio. The same SD video transcoded into webm with vorbis audio is playing fine. It seems to be related to omxplayer, since audio only mp3 or playing videos with dvdplayer is fine (wich seems to be possible with 20140315 build but was not with previous builds as there was no sound and HD videos was horribly laggy).
Stock Raspbmc Frodo has not this problem.

Also, unrelated, 20140313 didn't allow me to scale XBMC gui to 1920x1080@60Hz on my TV (fall back to 1920x1024), only 50Hz. This isn't happening with 20140311 or 20140315 builds.
(2014-03-15, 20:22)ianux Wrote: I have an issue with those builds (even the latest 20140315): audio track of videos is played high-pitched, even though the video itself seems to be played at normal speed. It is happening with HD and SD mp4 videos with AAC audio and SD avi videos with mp3 audio. The same SD video transcoded into webm with vorbis audio is playing fine. It seems to be related to omxplayer, since audio only mp3 or playing videos with dvdplayer is fine (wich seems to be possible with 20140315 build but was not with previous builds as there was no sound and HD videos was horribly laggy).
Stock Raspbmc Frodo has not this problem.

Can you upload a sample file which fails?
(2014-03-15, 20:23)popcornmix Wrote: Can you upload a sample file which fails?

Here it is: http://dl.free.fr/mo8f1rC68

This file plays fine with dvdplayer, but not with omxplayer.
The transcoded version in webm is ok with omxplayer.
(2014-03-15, 20:38)ianux Wrote: Here it is: http://dl.free.fr/mo8f1rC68
Any clues for how to download it? Even with google translate, the best I could find was a flash video player. Is there a download button?
My bad, I didn't know video files was played in-browser with this upload site.
you can wget it here: http://ianux.fr/pj.mp4
(2014-03-15, 20:22)ianux Wrote: Hello there,

I have an issue with those builds (even the latest 20140315): audio track of videos is played high-pitched, even though the video itself seems to be played at normal speed

Well - on my Raspi over HDMI 5.1 passTrough also with the streams on MTV.de - Analog ther's absolutly no problem, only a like missmatch of lippsync.

doldi - with 3 RaspBMC's
(2014-03-15, 20:52)ianux Wrote: My bad, I didn't know video files was played in-browser with this upload site.
you can wget it here: http://ianux.fr/pj.mp4

Hmm, sounded fine with both omxplayer and dvdplayer. Tried analogue and hdmi.
Is the high pitched audio something subtle (like a few % fast) or something blatant? Does lip sync get lost?

Anyone else see this problem?
(2014-03-15, 17:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 16:48)CaptainRewind Wrote: I did notice one bug. This build doesn't seem to respect the cachemembuffersize I have set in advancedsettings.xml. I have a RaspberryPi Model B with 512MB RAM. I did NOT adjust my config.txt to gpu_mem=256. Everything looks to be working as expected with gpu_mem=128. So, If I want to cache to memory, with 372 MB available, then a setting of 100MB should use 3 times that, or 300 MB (Can somebody please explain WHY using memory for cache buffer is supposed to use triple the RAM?? My testing on 20131219 does NOT support this.)

With the following advancesettings.xml, I see the cache fill up to only ~60MB, not ~100 as I was seeing on 20131219.

Unfortunately this is a new "feature", not a bug. I did try to resist it, but it came in here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3963

Basically half the cache is unused for mkv and mp4 files.

And it just occurred to me that, since my cache buffer settings are not being honored anyway, there really is no reason NOT to use gpu_mem=256 for now. Maybe that will help with some of the HD content.
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3
Its only glitch on Digital output switched - analog it's nearly perfect (Dual Audio output).
But i#m only a stupid german boy - sorry, i'm no Help vor you :-(

Think, on 3 builds early i've the same "glitch".
(2014-03-15, 21:05)popcornmix Wrote: Hmm, sounded fine with both omxplayer and dvdplayer. Tried analogue and hdmi.
Is the high pitched audio something subtle (like a few % fast) or something blatant? Does lip sync get lost?

Anyone else see this problem?
Playing fine here without any issues. Latest xbmc build and firmware.
(2014-03-15, 21:05)popcornmix Wrote: Anyone else see this problem?

Nope, working fine here, both with omx and dvd. Tried several times.

@ianux
Do you have the same guisettings.xml since you updated from Frodo?
If so, delete it and start fresh and see if it makes a difference.

Good song by the way. Smile

Edit:
Quote:Also, unrelated, 20140313 didn't allow me to scale XBMC gui to 1920x1080@60Hz on my TV (fall back to 1920x1024), only 50Hz. This isn't happening with 20140311 or 20140315 builds.
Yes, a bug snuck in that was fixed in latest build.
Sorry - hav you testet with MTV.de Video-addon?
This will play in germany and also in italy (testetd) will not work in your country?
It would all played digital with "Mickey Mouse" lol

ok, will start with a complete fresh install raspbmc...
(2014-03-15, 21:21)doldi Wrote: Sorry - hav you testet with MTV.de Video-addon?
This will play in germany and also in italy (testetd) will not work in your country?
It would all played digital with "Mickey Mouse" lol

ok, will start with a complete fresh install raspbmc...

I've had a try. The first few links wouldn't play (Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden).

"Latest Music Clips/Adel Tawil - Weinen" did play (and sounded fine).

You might have to say exactly which file you played.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15