• 85(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Can you please post your current advancedsettings.xml? You could try a higher buffer via the cachemembuffersize-paramter:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache
Yeah will look when im home. What i can see now, when i start the movie, the buffer is around 23 mb. Then it go just down and finally to zero with problem getting over 2-3 mb. The recharch/ get empty again( the buffert), seems to be the problem and wasent thrte with earlier version. Had compiled 14 mars and gotham beta 4 before with good resault.
Now i put advanced there as ;
advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

But worried to burn out my sd card. I use a usb for my os, is it possible to move the cashe to usb instead of SD ? the Movies goes well now, it building up cashe from start to very high, right now its over 100 mb. Maybe i should change so it only use like 50 mb? But as i said, is it possible to see if it uses the usb instead of sd as cashe buffer?

edit; The sound and Movie wasent syncd anymore after a while. Changed buffersize to 50 mb now, will see and try what happen now.
If you have a USB install and use cachemembuffersize 0 the USB will be used for caching.
So if a have choosen number with kb as buffer it will use SD?
It seems to work super good now. I Changed buffer to 50 mb!
No, if you have a USB install it will never use the SD card for caching.
0 means "disk" (in your case the USB) and a number means RAM.
50MB will probably cause issues for you when it´s filling completely as XBMC needs x3 as much (150MB), you will probably see crashes due to lack of memory (pause a stream and see what happens).

More info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache

Have in mind though, many of those addons we cannot discuss here have really crappy sources.
Always suspect the addon first, and you should look for another forum to discuss those.
But does the number use raspberrys ram or use space on the usb as cash? Or is write 0 the only way to use usb space as cash?LOL on all my noob questions.

I dont get why 50 mb should be a problem if it use space from usb, there is many gb free.

if write 0, use unlimited space on usb as cash, write number use raspberry pis ram memory as cash?? Is it correct?

Fuck i read your link again. Get answear on my ram questions there.
NB!
There has been some big changes to gui- and skin code. If you have issues on other than stock skin, test with Confluence, if it works there without issues it´s probably the other skin that needs to be updated for Helix (which might take a while since Gotham was just released).

Updated Helix build, XBMC master from May 13 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: Many things, see here to compare to last build
• NC3: Updates to work better with dropping and lateness detection
• NC3: Add config.txt settings to log file
• NC3: [PVR] Reset display region when video stream properties change
• NC3; videoplayer: adapt lateness detection and dropping to buffering
• NC3: videoplayer: present correct pts to user for a/v sync (after buffering in renderer)
• NC3: [omxplayer] Skip out of submit loop when closing (fixes IPTV streams issues)

Firmware from May 13 included:
• vdec3: h264: Improve results on some corrupt streams
• Allow hdmi_drive to override EDID

Additional info and testing (different players etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-14-20140513-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/RYZIN0 --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-14-20140513-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140513-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140513-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
(2014-05-13, 20:41)miappa Wrote: Some info:
• NC3: videoplayer: present correct pts to user for a/v sync (after buffering in renderer)

Would this affect/improve dvd subtitle timing in omxplayer?

Edit: I see it is a change in dvdplayer, so I'll rephrase my question:
Would this solve the problem with flickering subtitles when playing dvd's with dvdplayer?
(2014-05-14, 14:18)jeroenz Wrote: Would this affect/improve dvd subtitle timing in omxplayer?

No, dvdplayer only. I don't believe it affects subs. It may improve frame dropping at start or playback, or after seek with dvdplayer (e.g. stalls, or stuttery playback).
(2014-05-14, 14:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 14:18)jeroenz Wrote: Would this affect/improve dvd subtitle timing in omxplayer?

No, dvdplayer only. I don't believe it affects subs. It may improve frame dropping at start or playback, or after seek with dvdplayer (e.g. stalls, or stuttery playback).

Ok, thanks... I'd reckon subtitle display on/off is also based on PTS, so I was hoping on a fix for the flickering subtitles-issue.
I should just give this build a try... :-)

p.s. Is there anything I can do to assure the flickering subtitle problem gets attention? E.g. submit an issue (where?)
Anyone having problems with the latest build. Just upgraded to the latest build and its stuck on the Amber 'bubble' screen.

Getting this one logs:
Code:
11:05:21 122.718628 T:2761700416   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 784, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 67, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_info_randomitems()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 138, in _fetch_info_randomitems
                                                self._fetch_movies('RandomMovie')
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 207, in _fetch_movies
                                                self.WINDOW.setProperty("%s.%d.Studio"          % (request, count), item['studio'][0])
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas. I've restarted and get the same error. Is this a problem with the skin?

Update: Gone back to 20140507 and its working again.
(2014-05-16, 12:09)kl1k Wrote: Any ideas. I've restarted and get the same error. Is this a problem with the skin?

Yes, I've seen it posted that Amber is not compatible with nightly builds. Try using Confluence for now.
(2014-05-16, 12:17)popcornmix Wrote: Yes, I've seen it posted that Amber is not compatible with nightly builds. Try using Confluence for now.

Awesome. Thanks.
It's a problem with the skin.widgets addon, already reported in the skin.widgets thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15