• 99(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
oh so i need to open the streams via ssh , not on the xbmc gui :O
Yes, you play the stream using ssh, and the video should appear on your tv.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I can send it from my pc too using the option Play using.. and i choose raspbmc, i guess its easier than ssh Tongue
Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Oct 03 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi/XBMC Master:
Master changelog

Newclock4 additions:
• pthreads: use mutex protocol PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT
• Remove HDFile
• Switch to new PosixFile
• Implement PosixFile class for accessing local files on Posix platforms
• AE: fix S24NE3
• [mmalrenderer] Add choice of 3 deinterlace schemes
• [dvdplayer] Remove omx render features from dvdplayer and handle in mmalrenderer
• [airplay] Try DBMandrake's simple iOS8 scheme (different approach from last tests)
• [mmalcodec] squash: Avoid preroll when using trickplay
• Revert "hack: revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid
• [mmalcodec] Introduce a preroll period to buffer up frames on startup

GPU firmware from Oct 02 included:
• deinterlace: Fix for garbage in bottom row of non-32-aligned height
• deinterlace: support half framerate variants
• mmal: allow user flags to be passed through to omx and returned

To install Kodi/XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141003-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/9av7lO --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141003-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141003-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141003-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info
Good afternoon.

Thanks for your guys hard work on this project. Has really changed my home entertainment experience.

I am not an expert at all, so please excuse me if i use the wrong terminology.

I have a problem with rar compatibility. They are uncompressed rar files that work on all releases up to and including kodi-14-20140804-nc4. The next release I have is kodi-14-20140818-nc4. From this point onwards i cannot seem to get rar files to play. Even in the file list, it no longer identifies the file within the rar file (eg mkv) and just shows the .rar but I am unable to play any of them. Sometimes returns an error, sometimes just does nothing

I unfortunately do not have the BW to download all the released between 0804 and 0818 to work out where the error was introduced but it must be somewhere there. I have renamed my .xbmc folder to make sure it was not a settings problem and that didn't seem to work.

Thanks again.
Browsing into archives was disabled by default on about 10 August... enable it in Settings -> Appearance -> File Lists -> Support browsing into archives.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi

Been running an old gotham build for some time, but deceided to try our one of the new ones.

Fresh sd-card, installed raspbmc from its installer. Installed last two builds in this thread, but when I try to choose which one i want to run under raspbmc settings / nightly build configuration nothing happens when i press switch between versions of XBMC (or any of the other buttons in the menu)

When playing DVD its very slow and drops a lot of frames

Log:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=312210
(2014-10-06, 13:55)jjkongen Wrote: When playing DVD its very slow and drops a lot of frames

You don't have an MPEG2 licence.
(2014-10-06, 13:55)jjkongen Wrote: when I try to choose which one i want to run under raspbmc settings / nightly build configuration nothing happens when i press switch between versions of XBMC (or any of the other buttons in the menu)

The Raspbmc Settings addon does not work fully in latest Helix builds.
Some things still work, others don´t, however I am only aware of the nightly options not working.
I am not sure that it will be updated for Helix since OSMC is just around the corner.

You have to SSH and create a new symlink;
Code:
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/XBMC_BUILD_NAME/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
where "XBMC_BUILD_NAME" is for example "kodi-14-20141003-nc4".
(2014-10-06, 14:34)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 13:55)jjkongen Wrote: When playing DVD its very slow and drops a lot of frames

You don't have an MPEG2 licence.

Ohh damn, yes of cause, I forgot to paste the license lines in config.txt - thanks.

(2014-10-06, 15:16)miappa Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 13:55)jjkongen Wrote: when I try to choose which one i want to run under raspbmc settings / nightly build configuration nothing happens when i press switch between versions of XBMC (or any of the other buttons in the menu)

The Raspbmc Settings addon does not work fully in latest Helix builds.
Some things still work, others don´t, however I am only aware of the nightly options not working.
I am not sure that it will be updated for Helix since OSMC is just around the corner.

You have to SSH and create a new symlink;
Code:
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/XBMC_BUILD_NAME/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
where "XBMC_BUILD_NAME" is for example "kodi-14-20141003-nc4".

Thanks - worked like a charm.
(2014-10-05, 22:26)Milhouse Wrote: Browsing into archives was disabled by default on about 10 August... enable it in Settings -> Appearance -> File Lists -> Support browsing into archives.

Thanks Milhouse. Worked a treat.
Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Oct 07 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi/XBMC Master:
Master changelog
• ffmpeg bump to 2.4.2

Newclock4 additions:
• [ResamplePi] Allow resample ratio to vary continuously
• [AE] Don't submit data to resampler when more than one frame is buffered
• [resamplepi] Remove unused variabled
• [resamplepi] Move gpu accleration into resample quality setting
• [PiSink] Allow audio output latency to be set in settings
• [vobsub] Fix for incorrect colours with vobsubs and GLES
• [SinkPi] Handle multichannel layout more like OMXAudio
• [omxcore] Skip out of flush on error
• settings: Add acceleration option for resampling
• [rbp] Hardware accelerated resampling
• [AE] Add factory for AEResampler
• [AE] Move utility functions to AEUtil
• [AE] Rename ActiveAEResample to ActiveAEResampleFFMPEG
• [AE] Add factory for AEResampler
• [AE] Move utility functions to AEUtil
• [AE] Rename ActiveAEResample to ActiveAEResampleFFMPEG

Additional commits:
• [python] add *all* module dependencies to path (recursively), not just direct dependencies of the addon we're invoking

GPU firmware from Oct 06 included:
• firmware: Add parameter for setting dynamic resample ratio for audio_mixer

To install Kodi/XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141008-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/seIMRl --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141008-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141008-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141008-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info
(2014-09-28, 00:12)Milhouse Wrote: @Epg1 - I can reproduce this in my OpenELEC builds, so I'd say it's a general Kodi issue.

To reproduce: Music -> Library -> Albums, context menu (Change scraper) and then in the subsequent dialog, all input is ignored (although you can "hear" the gui sounds corresponding to each button press).

Hi Milhouse, should I fill a bug about this issue or this is a well-known Helix problem?!?

PS: Thank you for your work with Openelec Big Grin

Epg1.
(2014-10-10, 13:50)Epg1 Wrote: Hi Milhouse, should I fill a bug about this issue or this is a well-known Helix problem?!?

PS: Thank you for your work with Openelec Big Grin

Epg1.

Yes, I think you should open a bug, it's not something I've seen discussed anywhere but here in this thread.
Oh, forgot to mention, when explained I could easily reproduce this on several platforms, and also on several (Helix compatible) skins.
So yeah, seems general indeed. But it seems specific to the music library as the option to change scraper inside the actual library only works for music (to be honest I didn´t even know this feature existed).
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15