• 108(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
The script couldn't possibly know what build you want to run, all it does is setting your system up to be able to run XBMC builds prior to the rebranding.
Just delete .xbcm-current to get the release build.
Code:
rm .xbmc-current
This is the link that points to whatever Kodi/XBMC build you are running.
If you delete it a new one pointing at the stock build will be created.

You can also create a new link just like when you install a new build (ln -sfn ...) but I understand that you ran stock Gotham on that Pi.
Thanks for the continued work I just tested the last nightly and it works great. I just wonder is the raspbmc settings script error anything to worry about. Other then it popping up on boot it seems to still work I even used raspbmc settings to change the overclock with no problems.

Since I took the time to map a key to system.exec a poweroff I can finally use your nightlies again and be able to shut off the Pi.
Can't find irw. Anywhere except for in /var/bin and that wouldn't run either.

As for xbmc build, I was running one of your test builds, so doing that command and instigate it again?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Nevermind. Switched back to release build (31st Oct - had serious issues with that build), then switched back to one of your earlier builds.

Remote fully functional again.
Media Companion Dev.
So I loaded your 20141019 build , deleted keymap folder and renamed the backup folder, rebooted, and all is working perfectly.

Right I thought, give the Kodi build another try. Sorry, no success. Remotes select button is being ignored. Not sure how I can test this for logs.

But I now know how to switch back and forth.
Media Companion Dev.
I installed the latest testbuild and it solved my problem of stuttering/halting audio/video.
The Raspbmc addon fails at startup due to the new dialogue popups.
I did not include script.module.requests, but I will do so on next build.

However, even when I installed this module I get the same error complaining about 'request' does not exists and cannot import it (line 24 in autostart.py).
But, when I comment the import line out (line 24) it ran without showing an error in the GUI and the pop-ups appeared (first run).
However, of course I got an error in the log as the import was missing.

To fix this I simply added the following in addon.xml (Raspbmc Settings) inside the reqiures tags:
Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.3.0"/>
    </requires>

I am also thinking that this might cause other issues on startup (perhaps even the remote issue vbat99 reported), but I don´t know if autostart.py just stops after an error or if it runs through.

I don´t know if this is correct, but I´ll give Karnage and Sam a poke.
After running the enable-kodi.sh script and updating to the latest build the TVHeadend backend fails to start automatically on boot. I've resolved it by ammending the upstart job in /etc/init/tvheadend.conf

Original '/etc/init/tvheadend.conf' line 6
Code:
start on (started xbmc and enable-tvheadend)

Initially changed to
Code:
start on (started kodi and enable-tvheadend)

This didn't seem to work, so i amended the line again so it will run based on the runlevel which worked:
Code:
start on ((started kodi and enable-tvheadend) or runlevel [2])
Edit:
My answer in this post was just wrong and might be confusing, so I edited it:
I missed to include a xbmc.conf that starts/stops when kodi starts/stops. I have corrected this, but please note that I have renamed the job back to 'xbmc'.
To correct this on Nov 02 and Nov 03 builds re-download the enable-script and run it again, but you will also need revert your changes in tvheadend.conf.

@vbat
I have tried irw and eventlircd (though without a remote) and it now seems to work.
So I recommend that you try next build and report if your issue with the remote is gone.
@all
I have updated the enable-kodi script so it removes the kodi.conf before downloading it again, this in case it needs to be updated (otherwise it will be named kodi.conf.1 and will not be activated), + the watchdog script has also been updated.
I recommend that you run the following to update all scripts:
Code:
rm enable-kodi.sh
wget http://goo.gl/A1suGc --no-check-certificate -O enable-kodi.sh
sudo sh enable-kodi.sh
Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 02 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog

Newclock4 additions:
• Same as last build

Additional:
• Updated Raspbmc Settings Addon to hopefully fix the startup failure
• Updated the enable-kodi + the watchdog scripts to get other upstart jobs functional again
• Hopefully the reported lircd/remote (IR) issue is now fixed

See last build for more info (the new CEC repeat feature works really well for me)

GPU firmware from Nov 01 included

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi*.sh as explained here!

For this build you will need the enable-kodi1 script.
Code:
wget http://goo.gl/LWwLDe --no-check-certificate -O enable-kodi1.sh
sudo sh enable-kodi1.sh

To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi (first run ’sudo enable-kodi.sh’ if not already enabled):
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141103-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/p639C0 --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141103-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141103-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141103-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info
I've just had to do a rebuild as I couldn''t ssh into my Pi after a reboot. I've installed 20141019 and everything seems to be working as normal, except if I go to add-ons or need to enter some text the keyboard normal displayed is blank. Normally there is a qwerty k/b I can select the letters off.

Any ideas?
(2014-11-03, 18:01)kl1k Wrote: I've just had to do a rebuild as I couldn''t ssh into my Pi after a reboot. I've installed 20141019 and everything seems to be working as normal, except if I go to add-ons or need to enter some text the keyboard normal displayed is blank. Normally there is a qwerty k/b I can select the letters off.

Are you using default skin (confluence)? Other skins may not have been updated for Helix.
(2014-11-03, 18:14)popcornmix Wrote: Are you using default skin (confluence)? Other skins may not have been updated for Helix.

Yes - using the confluence skin. Tried Amber skin as well - same issue.

Update: Just upgraded to today's 20141103 build and it's working again!

Yip - running Joe's Amber version. Both working again now. Weird.
Have you restored from a backup?
Either way, start with a fresh /home/pi/.xbmc/addons directory and see to that the xbmc repo is updated (force refresh to be sure it uses the Helix version).
Best is to start with a fresh .xbmc directory all together.

Edit: Amber is not compatible with Helix. Are you using this version: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203708 ?
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15