• 116(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Airplay broken again?
I didn't want to clutter this thread with OT questions but if anyone can look at my question about the HiFiBerry DAC (as I know there's a few posters here who use it), I'd appreciate it: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210554
Hi, I am on 11.30 build and it seems to work perfectly on my Pi (Raspberry Pi B+, IQaudIO DAC-plus and Mysql).
Moreover, I am using Ace skin which is supposed to not be available on Helyx. Smile

I saw RC3 is out, are you planning to build RC3 too?

Thank you!
I´ve been traveling in work for a while, back for two days now (last day today) before I´m on my way again. However, my ISP have issues and I have no internet at home (downtime of 3 days apparently, really bad...).
Will see if I can start a build from work. If not I´ll be back in a week or so, will have time to post a new build then.
Have a nice trip! Smile
Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Dec 14 (last commit) + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog
• Kodi Helix release candidate 3 (with newclock4 commits)

Newclock4 additions:
• [mmalcodec] Restrict number of frames pushed to GPU to 16
• Revert "[mmalcodec] Restrict number of frames pushed to GPU to 16"
• [Demuxer] Avoid memcpy on every demuxer packet
• Fix for UI not showing both extractflags and extractthumb
• [omxplayer] Remove test of removed setting, avoids a log message
• allow to disable native resolution switching through GUI
• native resolution ( disable upscaling ) option
• [PiSink] Allow audio output latency to be set in settings
• [mmalcodec] Report when support is compiled in
• [omxplayer] Add some info about hdmi sync to codec overlay
• [mmalcodec] Ensure we have requested number of buffers in non-accelerated case

GPU firmware from Dec 13 included:
• Improvements to logging with device tree manipulation
• audio_decode: Handle the case where STARTTIME flag is lost when first audio packet has decode error
• Fix for memory size being reported through device tree
• arm_loader: Adding support for device tree fragments/overlays
• Candidate patch to validate that the kernel supports DT blobs and automatically activate device tree

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi*.sh as explained here!

If not already enabled, download and run enable-kodi2:
Code:
wget http://goo.gl/G4EG8M --no-check-certificate -O enable-kodi2.sh
sudo sh enable-kodi2.sh
To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141216-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/dSYyxy --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141216-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141216-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141216-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info
Welcome back.

And Thank you for the new build. Downloading it now.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hi miappa (or anyone else in the know)

Can these latest builds with the Kodi enabling be installed with the standard Raspbmc build? Just wonder if the naming change to .kodi overrides the existing settings.
@Atinkler
I am not sure I understand the question, but yes. And in the enable-kodi2 script I have included symlink from .xbmc to .kodi so you´ll have both.
Nothing is overwritten, but newer builds can create and use different settings (and addons if you come from Gotham).
You can always create a backup of the .xbmc directory though.
Sorry didn't explain it very well. .. Just wanted to know if i can use the new test builds line the old versions i use to play about with. . Have a relatively solid set up and when i saw the kodi change to one of the folders i wondered if it would still work.
Hi Miappa, welcome back!
The new build works flawless Smile

@Atinkler
I installed these test build over my Raspbmc installation without reconfiguring anything and without losing any of my settings (just the first boot take a while because I am using Mysql and Kodi had to convert the old db version to the new one)
hi all,

the hifiberry detection seems to be corrected on the lastest build. No need to restart kodi to have hifiberry been seen by kodi.

Smile good news Smile
I tried to play a HEVC file and playback was really slow. Can RPI handle playing this files?
(2014-12-22, 02:34)fernandovg Wrote: I tried to play a HEVC file and playback was really slow. Can RPI handle playing this files?

No, it can't.
@miappa
Thanks for all the work you've been doing to keep us Pi users running on Raspmbc build of Helix

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15