• 117(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr. Vielen Dank für Deine grandiose Arbeit, miappa
Cool
I wish also Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years ;-)
@miappa
Thx for continuing these build as I'm sure they are useful and wanted by many
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, Happy Christmas miappa and thanks for the builds. I'm sure they've helped out a lot of early adopters and will make the final release more stable.
Thanks guys, and merry christmas to all!

And thanks team Kodi for all hard work bringing this awesome software to us users.
Special thanks to popcornmix for all work you put into making our Pi´s much better than anyone could anticipate not so long ago.

P.S: I´ll keep pushing Raspbmc builds as long as OSMC is in development and there are new features to test. I have been traveling a lot lately though so there might be some days between builds.
(2014-12-22, 03:49)shadow Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 02:34)fernandovg Wrote: I tried to play a HEVC file and playback was really slow. Can RPI handle playing this files?

No, it can't.

Not even in the future with a new firmare that uses hardware acceleration?
X264 is decoded in hardware, x265 isnt in hardware so would be software only decode, and the pi hasnt the juice to do that.

Sorry, not able to decode on the raspberry pi.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Happy Christmas everybody!
Thanks for everything!
Anyone noticed while playing video with external subtitles some frames are played faster. Seems its not dropping frames and Kodi tries to compensate playing them faster.
Im only running kodi. No other process. Is the a dropping frame option?
Using OMXplayer.

Infos:

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/SYkeyBs5YW0GTCl
NB! Please note that I have not had the oppurtunity to test this build myself.
Also, if you are on latest Raspbmc update you shouldn't have to use the enable Kodi script.

Updated Kodi 15 build, Kodi master from Dec 24 (last commit) + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog

Newclock4 additions:
• [demuxer] Avoid memcpy on every demuxer packet
• Updated: Disable autoscrolling while on screensaver.

GPU firmware from Dec 19 included:
• arm_loader: Fix negative voltage offsets through mailbox interface
• gencmd: Show extra decimal digit on voltage reported
• gencmd: Add gencmd to read boot RSTS (e.g. to check for watchdog reset)
• gencmd: Add memory test gencmd
• DT: Add config.txt device_tree_param mechanism

NB! To be able to run this build you must be on latest Raspbmc update (Kodi).

To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141226-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/r5h7q1 --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141226-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141226-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141226-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
Note that I named the build wrong as I haven't updated my scripts (should say Kodi-15), but it doesn't affect anything else.

See post #1 for more info
DO NOT UPGRADE - Database migration is broken (even if you start from fresh) in 15 on any platform.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6020
(2014-12-28, 16:57)rTiGd2 Wrote: DO NOT UPGRADE - Database migration is broken (even if you start from fresh) in 15 on any platform.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6020
Are you saying you are affected by this problem (duplicate actors => failed db upgrafe) or just flagging this up as a potential problem (it's not clear why it happens, or how many users might be affected - at this point it's looking like a minority).

If you've got any information that you can contribute (method to reproduce, debug logs, SQL logs if using MySQL etc.), that would be great to have.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The migration fails miserably on both MySQL and MariaDB and results in a broken database, so can't use.

Starting from fresh results in a database that somewhat works but still has errors with larger sets of films or TV shows.

The problem is known and has been posted to kodi's bug trackers as it isn't platform specific.
But it looks like I can re-create the scenario..

I've a fairly large TV Show and Movie collection. I use Media Companion to initially scrape nfo file, artwork etc. I then migrate that into XBMC with the standard scrapers on at the moment. Now and again I've done a database export to clean-up artwork and nfo file details (especially when I've updated a film for the latest IMDB rating)

I then do a Database update on a Windows 8.1 machine running the latest Nightly version. So I could roll back to Kodi-14, re-scan everything (would take a few hours, given the collection size) and either do a Database table dump of the MyVideos90 or a log dump of general and error on MariaDB (or both) and I'm happy to test any new build with the latest pull merged in (https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...db4e3adfc0)
I am interested to hear what the cause of this issue is....hoping that it isn't anything Media Companion has introduced......
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2014-12-28, 20:36)rTiGd2 Wrote: But it looks like I can re-create the scenario..

Any chance you can narrow it down to a single tvshow (and associated nfo files)?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15