• 256(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
1) that's not the correct test pattern to use to test for banding, you need to use the grayscale ramp, not steps.

2) set your TV to limited, Kodi to limited, and use the autostart script to set the driver to full, if not running a test build which does this automatically

3) I thought this was the Haswell NUC thread
1)i was testing if color space was correct not testing banding

2)I'm using fritsch build jarvis based, so auto full range
Kodi limited with tv limited= color space not respected

Same result with or without Avr

3)Noggins and many others helped here users with color space settings

Thank You Matt
(2015-09-23, 23:36)Roby77 Wrote: Kodi limited with tv limited= color space not respected

how do you mean? If setting the TV to anything other than Auto, then colorspace setting in HDMI flags is ignored/overriden, so what's not being respected?
With tv normal setting (that i suppose is limited) as i reported in last post i get:

http://postimg.org/image/3zpvp335b/ BUT black is different between screenshot and real play

White 235 is not white and clip 230-241

With Auto or Full worst problem, black 16 is not black BUT grey

White clipping = 230-253

screenshot:Image
Nb:The strange thing is that between the two screenshot seems to be no difference but on my Tv black 16 is black when i set normal in my tv

I don't understand why there is this difference between screenshot and real tv
either way, you do realize that the calibration for the set will change depending on full vs limited input? You will need to adjust the brightness/contrast at a minimum when changing color spaces
Yes i tried lowering contrast also to 0 but white clipping always 230-253 and also tried using all tv presets (like dinamic; thx etc etc)
Ok about black level and difference between screenshot vs Tv Fritsch explained here that is "normal"

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2114656

So now i must only try to solve white problem
Finally i got to have correct 16-235

I have to increase contrast from kodi to have correct match Blush
Hi guys, can anyone tell me how good is W10 with our intel NUCs?

I will like to test it in my i3 NUC ( D34010WYK , 4gb ram ) but I don't know if it can handle the OS fine, just for run Kodi and PVR.

Thanks.
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
Why not use openelec for kodi &pvr only?
| myHTPC |
Guys,

I sincerely apologise if this has already been covered in the 3836 posts however I am unable to go through the whole thread so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my situation. In order to get the correct colour levels and settings am I doing this correct?

HTPC ------> My Onkyo AVR --------> Darbee Darblet PV5000 -------> Sony projector.

My Graphics card is set to RGB FULL 4.4.4 with the colour range 0-255, XBMC set to 16-235 in video options and my projector is set to LIMITED output..

Is this the correct way of doing things? I am trying to avoid black crushing and banding, also any unnecessary conversion process.

All your help and advise is kindly appreciated!

Kind Regards...
(2015-10-08, 14:24)javiertoti Wrote: Hi guys, can anyone tell me how good is W10 with our intel NUCs?

I will like to test it in my i3 NUC ( D34010WYK , 4gb ram ) but I don't know if it can handle the OS fine, just for run Kodi and PVR.

Thanks.
Hi,

I have w10 with nuc i5 and works perfect as w10 is more efficient and can run on older hardware which I have tested a work.

Auto launcher works fine, kodi and all the Plug ins I that used work fine too.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Hi guys I wondered if any of you could help me out.ive had my Intel nuc running open elec for a year now along with my ysp-2200.unless I'm watching a blu Ray I've never been able to really enjoy my sound projector.Ive searched and searched till I'm blue in the face on how to set up my ysp 2200 with my Intel nuc open elec so I can get surround sound or for at least to get it to pick up the sound at in the settings.Could anybody help please.
(2015-10-17, 17:19)ChelseaNick25 Wrote: Hi guys I wondered if any of you could help me out.ive had my Intel nuc running open elec for a year now along with my ysp-2200.unless I'm watching a blu Ray I've never been able to really enjoy my sound projector.Ive searched and searched till I'm blue in the face on how to set up my ysp 2200 with my Intel nuc open elec so I can get surround sound or for at least to get it to pick up the sound at in the settings.Could anybody help please.

Just makesure audio passthrough is on.
  • 256(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7