• 5(current)
Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions
edit: Know the reason now. Pulled offer Tongue
(2013-12-01, 17:29)da-anda Wrote: @sphere, most or your things should be addressed. I also replaced the @ sign in author names with [AT] as a poor mans spam protection (if it actually helps which I doubt).

Cool, only "The Big Pictures" is still not shown in "Picture" Category Smile
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
hmm, it's there ( http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.image.bigpictures/ ), but probably a missing content type (provides) in the addon XML?

edit: found the issue. You're having multiple extension points and the second one has an empty "provides" tag which currently overwrites the previously gatherd "provides" values. Will fix it and collect all "provides" tags found.
(2013-12-11, 14:11)da-anda Wrote: edit: found the issue. You're having multiple extension points and the second one has an empty "provides" tag which currently overwrites the previously gatherd "provides" values. Will fix it and collect all "provides" tags found.
Exactly, thanks!
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hey guys, I'm very glad to see this as a part of the offical xbmc,org site finally. I have helped with something similar on the xbmc4xbox site with our http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/addons/ addons status page that dynamically pulls in the information from the addon.xml file. Our source code for it can be found in the svn here https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xbo.../snippets/

Right now I am working on a new project and looking to pull in some of the same information but from some of the un-offical repos not listed here. If possible could someone pm me with details on your addon pages source? or if its not something your willing to share I understand just let me know either way how you feel about it.

Thanks
https://github.com/xbmc/Addon-Frontend

Feel free to add an pull requests if you improve the code Smile

I'm not sure how well it will work with unofficial repositories as we rely on an XML file for all the syncing stuff.
note that our frontend is far from perfect and subject to change dramatically code wise
(2013-12-13, 15:56)da-anda Wrote: note that our frontend is far from perfect and subject to change dramatically code wise

If you are planning to add per-addon historic download graphs, I have historic data since 2012-08-05 (YYYY-MM-DD): Just ping me ;-)
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
It's more a move to a solid PHP framework, new database structure to support version history of addons, multiple XBMC versions, and much more. And some day also better download and usage stats, but that requires more work in other areas. Lots of plans and so little time or other duties.
da-anda: ask kibje for a database scheme, it's a quite advanced one (it from the 'not to be named repo') including all the things requested and suggested. And yes, that takes a lot of time to implement but the possibilities are endless.
I just noticed that my Plugin Slideshow Screensaver addon doesn't display in the Screensaver category, although it does show up in the list of my addons.

Also, I and half the other screensaver devs named our addons with out the word 'screensaver' in it. This made sense to me because when installing it or switching to it from the screensaver settings, it is redundant to add 'screensaver'. However, when you now view a screensaver addon in a list of the author's addons, it makes the title unclear.
I was wondering if perhaps screensaver names should be standardized without the word screensaver, and have the addon website also show the addons category when listing the addons by author (this would probably be helpful for other ambiguous titles as well).
On the other hand, you could tell me to stop bothering you about these stupid little details and let you get on to more important things Smile
Showing the add-on categories next to the list of names makes sense and should be easy to implement.

If you have the time feel free to fork the repo and make a pull request.
(2013-12-16, 23:07)Kib Wrote: If you have the time feel free to fork the repo and make a pull request.

Apparently someone forgot to put "Lousy PHP Coder" next to "Skilled Python Coder" in my user info. Also, whoever put "Skilled Python Coder" has never looked at my code Smile
(2013-12-16, 23:29)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 23:07)Kib Wrote: If you have the time feel free to fork the repo and make a pull request.

Apparently someone forgot to put "Lousy PHP Coder" next to "Skilled Python Coder" in my user info. Also, whoever put "Skilled Python Coder" has never looked at my code Smile

I don't want to get to much off-topic here but even that your code is really not very pythonic Angel - its full of good ideas, same with your category idea above Wink

IMO the badge makes sense in your case, keep up the good work... Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-12-16, 23:29)ruuk Wrote:

Haha don't worry about that, any lousy code can always be improved. That's how we got this far Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official Add-On Website- issues and suggestions4