• 4(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Got a script fail with Aeon Nox Gotham

Code:
23:14:52 T:140573918807808   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named unidecode
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/default.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                import xmlfunctions
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                import datafunctions
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/datafunctions.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from unidecode import unidecode
                                            ImportError: No module named unidecode
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:15:20 T:140574774503168  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

/edit
Fixed it, seem you need script.module.unidecode to get it working.
i posted in the aeon.nox.5 thread

with the aeon.nox.minimalistic skin script.skinshortcuts gives me an error "unable to build menu". I dont use the git version of the script, and aeon nox minimalisitic is latest git version.

in log there is:

Code:
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 49, in buildMenu
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR:     self.writexml( mainmenuID, groups, numLevels, progress )
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 346, in writexml
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR:     tree.write( path, encoding="UTF-8" )
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 803, in write
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR:     file = open(file_or_filename, "wb")
20:45:58 T:139734076618496   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox.minimalistic/1080i/script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml'
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
As the error says, permission is denied to write into the skins folder so you'll need to check the permissions on that folder (and its sub folders!). They should be the same (as well as the same user/group) for every folder in the addons directory (so, on Raspbmc for example, they should be 755, user: pi, group: pi). They can be checked with

Code:
ls -ld [folder name]

And changed with chmod, chown and chgrp.
(2014-04-21, 21:31)Unfledged Wrote: As the error says, permission is denied to write into the skins folder so you'll need to check the permissions on that folder (and its sub folders!). They should be the same (as well as the same user/group) for every folder in the addons directory (so, on Raspbmc for example, they should be 755, user: pi, group: pi). They can be checked with

Code:
ls -ld [folder name]

And changed with chmod, chown and chgrp.

Thx... now it is working. !!! Rofl
Thanks for letting me know, John.Cord.

I've been working on a feature for some time which I really need some feedback on. If anyone has time to test and feedback on a method to easily link to any subdirectory provided by an addon, I'd greatly appreciate you trying Nox5 and the latest skin shortcuts git[/code].

The feature allows users to explore plugins, and select a sub-directory to link to rather than expecting subdirectories to be added as favourites Thanks in advance Smile.
So that means that GIT Aeon Nox 5 is designed for the latest GIT skin shortcuts?
(2014-04-29, 16:48)john.cord Wrote: So that means that GIT Aeon Nox 5 is designed for the latest GIT skin shortcuts?

Actually, any version of Nox 5 should work - there's been no change in how the script integrates with a skin, but if you're testing (and I'd always consider using Git rather than a release to be testing), you might as well test the latest of everything Smile
I just tried the latest version, one you mentioned in the Aeon Nox 5 thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1732320

Although I don't personally have a use for it, I only have a few smart playlists and use them all in submenus with playlists, it seems to work just fine.

Just wondering, is there any advantage to using this vs smart playlists like I've done previously?
Thanks for giving feedback, it really is appreciated Smile

The only advantage is the fact that, using the new features of the script, the smart playlists are automatically created and linked to the menu item, rather than the user having to understand, create and link the playlists themselves Smile (and if you disagree with this assessment, please do say!)

(Oh, and hopefully, simply creating a menu item for a source and saying that it's content is - say - movies - is far FAR easier than manually creating a smart playlist and then linking a menu item to it - ultimately it's still using smart playlists, just hopefully far more automatically and transparently)

(Edit, for those thousands who aren't keeping up with the latest developments of this script - Vaikin is giving me specific feedback on a new feature of the script (assuming I get enough feedback saying it works to include it in the next release) that automatically creates smart playlists to the library, limited by a source the user selects - so, for example, the user could select smb://shared/kids/, the script creates a playlist - and links it to a menu item - that only shows library contents whose path contains smb://shared/kids.)
(2014-06-12, 02:09)Unfledged Wrote: (Edit, for those thousands who aren't keeping up with the latest developments of this script - Vaikin is giving me specific feedback on a new feature of the script (assuming I get enough feedback saying it works to include it in the next release) that automatically creates smart playlists to the library, limited by a source the user selects - so, for example, the user could select smb://shared/kids/, the script creates a playlist - and links it to a menu item - that only shows library contents whose path contains smb://shared/kids.)

I didn't try yet this new version (but I will next week when I will have my PC back) but it works only for the main node? Is it possible to create also smart playlist for submenus to provide by default? (Maybe it already works this way but since I'm not able to try it right now I'm gonna ask) For example if I chose smb://shared/kids the addon create a smart playlist that includes that path and create several smart playlists referring to that playlist (it is enough to add the name of the playlist created, there's no need to always add the path condition) for actors,sets, directors, years etc etc and provide them by default to the library so we already have filtered submenus?
Maybe also do same thing to the widgets and to the backgrounds creating a playlist and adding by default that option (but I don't know if it's your tool that provides widgets and backgrounds so I don't know if it's possible)
Yes, the script will work for the main menu or for submenu items (with nox5 and, especially, with the upcoming reFocus release). With the version of the script being tested (which is the first to include this smart playlist stuff) there are some changes from the current version on the repo - for main menu items in Nox5 (or for the upcoming reFocus release) the groupings are heirachical - so if you're wanting to link to a source in the latest git version, you'll select Video Library or Music Library and then Sources, then the source you want to link to (ad infinitum) until you get to the final link and select "Create shortcut here" and then choose the type of content the folder contains.. Otherwise (for a nox5 or similar submenu), use the "Type" button - or the up/down submenu type buttons - to get to the (new in the test version on git) Sources group, and select the source you want to link (to a sub directory) of.

No, you can't create playlist's based on an existing playlist. But if you can navigate to, for example, smb://shared/kids/subfolder, you can create a menu item (linked to a playlist auto-created by the script) to library content whose path contains that folder. Seriously, try it - knowing whether or not it works for you would be a great help in deciding if it's ready to include in the next version that goes onto the repo. And if it doesn't, I'll see what I can do to make sure it does.

There isn't any support at all to display the library content limited by source, and then by actor, director, etc. If this is something for which there's widespread appeal I'll look at adding it in a future update,

There's some support in the script for widgets and backgrounds, but only when the script is managing the whole menu (which it isn't with Nox5, or indeed any publicly available skin I'm aware of), so when you report whether the above is working for you or not, don't include widgets or backgrounds Smile
@unfledged
I just tried and it doesn't work for me because it uses the wrong separator. I'm under windows but xbmc uses always "/" but your script mess it up creating this link:
ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\1.xsp,return)
when it should be:
ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/1.xsp,return)

Also your addon doesn't provide help if the user have more than one path in a source.
I have 2 paths in one source so my source path is: multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fROOTHTPC%2fY%2fCartoni%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fROOTHTPC%2fY%2fCartoni%20DVD%20e%20Bluray%2f/ (it should also be decoded btw to multipath://smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni//smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni DVD e Bluray//).
You should detect if the path is a multipath and split it and create a playlist with match one and these 2 paths:
smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni/
smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni DVD e Bluray/
This should be the result:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Cartoni</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni/</value>
    </rule>
        <value>smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni DVD e Bluray/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
why did you use contains and not startswith? startswith should be safer and faster for the database match of the playlist...

Btw i think you should add a method to automatically create the default submenus and provide them. It will actually make a lot more intuitive the use of the menus. Right now for example if i select a source path for the movie menu i will get the filtered one in the main voice but all the submenus point to the library that contains also the files we don't want in that menu. it's very confusing and you have to mod manually every submenu creating yourself the playlists for that. Same thing with a custom menu. If you set it you will have a menu without any submenus and you will have to manually create every playlist and add every item manually (i'm talking about aeon nox of course).
It might be useful even if the user select a playlist instead of a source. You get from the playlist the type (movie, episodes, tv shows) and the path and provide a set of submenu ready to be used...
I think the only skin that has this level of integration is mq5, you select the playlist and it provides the submenus, the widgets and the backgrounds based on that playlist (even if mq5 probably don't use playlist). I think it's superintuitive and a great way to handle customisation (making it a lot easier)
Thanks for the feedback. The '\’ is a bug, will be fixed Smile XBMC doesn't tell me whether it's a multipath, so there's nothing at allI can do about that. D'you know, I can'y rermembef why i used contains. I'll fix that too Wink I'll take a llok at automatically setting the submenu's - and thanks for the idea - but it's not a feture Nox5 would use (where the script doesn't manage the main menu), and definately won't make it inti the next release.

(2014-06-12, 10:34)phate89 Wrote: @unfledged
I just tried and it doesn't work for me because it uses the wrong separator. I'm under windows but xbmc uses always "/" but your script mess it up creating this link:
ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\1.xsp,return)
when it should be:
ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/1.xsp,return)

Also your addon doesn't provide help if the user have more than one path in a source.
I have 2 paths in one source so my source path is: multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fROOTHTPC%2fY%2fCartoni%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fROOTHTPC%2fY%2fCartoni%20DVD%20e%20Bluray%2f/ (it should also be decoded btw to multipath://smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni//smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni DVD e Bluray//).
You should detect if the path is a multipath and split it and create a playlist with match one and these 2 paths:
smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni/
smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni DVD e Bluray/
This should be the result:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Cartoni</name>
    <match>one</match>
        <value>smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni/</value>
    </rule>
        <value>smb://ROOTHTPC/Y/Cartoni DVD e Bluray/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
why did you use contains and not startswith? startswith should be safer and faster for the database match of the playlist...

Btw i think you should add a method to automatically create the default submenus and provide them. It will actually make a lot more intuitive the use of the menus. Right now for example if i select a source path for the movie menu i will get the filtered one in the main voice but all the submenus point to the library that contains also the files we don't want in that menu. it's very confusing and you have to mod manually every submenu creating yourself the playlists for that. Same thing with a custom menu. If you set it you will have a menu without any submenus and you will have to manually create every playlist and add every item manually (i'm talking about aeon nox of course).
It might be useful even if the user select a playlist instead of a source. You get from the playlist the type (movie, episodes, tv shows) and the path and provide a set of submenu ready to be used...
I think the only skin that has this level of integration is mq5, you select the playlist and it provides the submenus, the widgets and the backgrounds based on that playlist (even if mq5 probably don't use playlist). I think it's superintuitive and a great way to handle customisation (making it a lot easier)
(2014-06-12, 12:20)Unfledged Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. The '\’ is a bug, will be fixed Smile XBMC doesn't tell me whether it's a multipath, so there's nothing at allI can do about that. D'you know, I can'y rermembef why i used contains. I'll fix that too Wink I'll take a llok at automatically setting the submenu's - and thanks for the idea - but it's not a feture Nox5 would use (where the script doesn't manage the main menu), and definately won't make it inti the next release.

About multipath can't you simply check just before you create the playlist if the path you get starts with "multipath://" and if it does remove it and split into separate paths? shouldn't be too hard to implement.. Or tehre's always the alternative to parse the sources.xml path to get them...
Here there's a function that parse multipath links:
http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn.../plugin.py
About aeon nox I always thought that this idea makes a lot easier to customize the skin without any advanced knowlege like smart playlists. I also thought to write an addon by myself to provide this kind of integration automatically and then propose it to bignoid but i never had the time..Maybe if there's a way to get the submenu separately even bignoid will add it...
(2014-06-12, 12:44)phate89 Wrote: About multipath can't you simply check just before you create the playlist if the path you get starts with "multipath://" and if it does remove it and split into separate paths? shouldn't be too hard to implement.. Or tehre's always the alternative to parse the sources.xml path to get them...
About aeon nox I always thought that this idea makes a lot easier to customize the skin without any advanced knowlege like smart playlists. I also thought to write an addon by myself to provide this kind of integration automatically and then propose it to bignoid but i never had the time..Maybe if there's a way to get the submenu separately even bignoid will add it...

Sorry, I should have been clearer - Yes, the multipath:// can be checked for, but XBMC doesn't tell me (via JSON, which is where all the sources come from) what directories make up a multipath. I'll take a look to see how much pain parsing the sources.xml is.

The problem with Nox5 is that, because the skin manages the main menu (though the items it uses come from the script initially), the script has no idea what action the main menu item has, and so no idea what it could potentially auto-filll a submenu based upon.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8