• 4(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I think it could work. There is a WINE add-on for OpenELEC, but I am not sure if anyone has gotten Pipelight working on the platform or not. There is a native Opera browser add-on for it. I am not sure if you can install the Linux version of Chrome on it or not, but it appears that Chrome does not work in WINE.

(2013-11-30, 04:40)schumi2004 Wrote: This addon would be a no go for OpenELEC i think?
[/quote]
Quote:Its fixed this issue but now getting 'Permission denied'

Im certain that the login details Im using are correct. Ive also deleted cookies and restarted.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91449

XBMC has no permission to write in it's own userdata directory. There must be something wrong with your xbmc setup.
Have you run xbmc as an administrator before? If so, you now have no write access to the folders, that were created by an adminstrator.
Anything like this must have caused it. You could try to just delete the "AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc" folder. But if you also have no write access in the parent folder, you probably need to completely delete/backup your "AppData\Roaming\XBMC" folder and start from the beginning...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. For some reason my entire C://Users folder was read-only.

Now works perfectly. Really nice app, congratulations on putting together such a great addon.
Your a beast man! I can't believe how fast you are adding in requested features. Everyone just keeps asking for more and more! LOL! It will never stop. Other counties, browser, multiple operating systems ETC. You deserve a metal!
I don't post often, but I just had to let you know that this is an awesome plug in. I love the use of your Chrome Launcher (also genius) for the playback. I realize there have been many struggles others have had with Netflix given the silverlight challenges and API changes. You however, have developed a very elegant approach with the utilization of Chrome. To be able to control Netflix playback in the browser with my remote, add Netflix shows to XBMC favorites allow for a very pleasing experience. You should be very proud of your development my man. Thank you for making my XBMC set up a viable Netflix client again!
Thanks for this! Looking forward to using it. I have a question, though, and I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.
How do you play/pause/stop/rewind/ffw/etc. once you are in Chrome watching the movie? I use Eventghost so in my case I'm looking for the keyboard commands that I can use.

Thank you and again I'm sorry if I'm being a moron and overlooking something. Smile
(2013-11-30, 20:12)LakersFan Wrote: Thanks for this! Looking forward to using it. I have a question, though, and I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.
How do you play/pause/stop/rewind/ffw/etc. once you are in Chrome watching the movie? I use Eventghost so in my case I'm looking for the keyboard commands that I can use.

Thank you and again I'm sorry if I'm being a moron and overlooking something. Smile
The playback controls are in the first post. If you are using windows it is pretty straight forward. You can adjust the basic functions in the add on settings. Not sure how it might work with event ghost, but with my default MCE remote it is pretty slick.
Quote:General playback controls:
Seek: Left/Right
Volume +-: Up/Down
Pause/Play: Space or Enter
Why oh why am I so blind sometimes. Sorry & thanks for the reply.
I am using a PC with my TV as a dual monitor for XBMC. When I click anything it opens Netflix on my PC screen and not the TV. I tried making it so chrome only opens on the TV screen but that didn't help. Any idea what I can do?
really good and finally a decent netflix addon!

Suggestions, maybe scrape posters/fanart/trailers from tmdb for a better experience? (tmdb artwork is higher quality too).

add Netflixs recently watched category (I think its called 'viewing activity'), so we can stop playing on one device and carry on playing from another.
Any possibility of getting this to scrape the sXXeXX? This is the only way that the My.Library utility can differentiate between movies and episodes in "My List".

Edit: Nevermind... Tried to use it and it began launching a movie every time My.Library queried the addon.
(2013-11-30, 04:09)bradwatson Wrote: Congrats on creating one of the best add ons out there.
(2013-11-30, 14:26)selondoner79 Wrote: Really nice app, congratulations on putting together such a great addon.
(2013-11-30, 14:29)Johnny19734 Wrote: Your a beast man! I can't believe how fast you are adding in requested features. Everyone just keeps asking for more and more! LOL! It will never stop. Other counties, browser, multiple operating systems ETC. You deserve a metal!
(2013-11-30, 17:43)Monks3 Wrote: I don't post often, but I just had to let you know that this is an awesome plug in. I love the use of your Chrome Launcher (also genius) for the playback. I realize there have been many struggles others have had with Netflix given the silverlight challenges and API changes. You however, have developed a very elegant approach with the utilization of Chrome. To be able to control Netflix playback in the browser with my remote, add Netflix shows to XBMC favorites allow for a very pleasing experience. You should be very proud of your development my man. Thank you for making my XBMC set up a viable Netflix client again!
(2013-12-01, 16:58)krish_2k4 Wrote: really good and finally a decent netflix addon!
Thank you all for the nice feedback! Smile

(2013-11-30, 04:09)bradwatson Wrote: If it is possible to do, could you add in a feature that would show if the show had been already watched? Would make it easier than having to remember the show you last watched in a series. I'm not sure if there is a way you can see this from the Netflix site when you are scraping the source.
Will have a look at it...

(2013-11-30, 04:40)schumi2004 Wrote: This addon would be a no go for OpenELEC i think?
With a lot of modification, it should be possible. You just need to get Netflix working in any browser. Then, this addon will also work.
But if you install all necessary stuff including the desktop environment / window manager, you could also just use something else.

(2013-11-30, 05:40)OtisPresley Wrote: ...but it appears that Chrome does not work in WINE.
Chrome does not need to run via Wine. Only the Silverlight dlls / FakeBrowser need to run via Wine...

(2013-12-01, 06:07)Razor Ramon Wrote: I am using a PC with my TV as a dual monitor for XBMC. When I click anything it opens Netflix on my PC screen and not the TV. I tried making it so chrome only opens on the TV screen but that didn't help. Any idea what I can do?
When you start Chrome manually, and close it on your preferred display, doesn't Chrome remember the last used display?
I just had a quick look, but couldn't find a parameter to force chrome to use a specific display.

(2013-12-01, 16:58)krish_2k4 Wrote: Suggestions, maybe scrape posters/fanart/trailers from tmdb for a better experience? (tmdb artwork is higher quality too).
I had to implement a solution to load all fanart in the background, because it would take too long while browsing videos. So, i think, i won't change it.
You can also add videos to your library. Then, you will get the full XBMC fanart experience... Wink

(2013-12-01, 16:58)krish_2k4 Wrote: add Netflixs recently watched category (I think its called 'viewing activity'), so we can stop playing on one device and carry on playing from another.
The recently watched list is only available on movies.netflix.com/MyList when you setup your account to use manual order mode for your list (as far as i know).
If you know an url that always returns your viewing activity (independent from your settings), please let me know. But i can also just implement it for users who are using the manual order mode...

Edit: I found the correct viewing activity url. Will implement it...

(2013-12-01, 19:15)locoguano Wrote: Any possibility of getting this to scrape the sXXeXX? This is the only way that the My.Library utility can differentiate between movies and episodes in "My List".

Edit: Nevermind... Tried to use it and it began launching a movie every time My.Library queried the addon.
The number of available episodes isnt available when browing videos (only when there is only one season).
The number of seasons is available. But if i would set the season and/or episode infolabels, the tvshows maybe would be recognized as seasons/episodes instead of tvshows.
I could set the tvshowtitle infolabel, but as you said it won't work with the tool anyway...
Well, I've spent the last few days using this quite intensively and, all in all it's a pretty good implementation of what has always proved to be an awkward task - getting a solution to Netflix within XBMC, especially the whole "mouse focus" issues and cleanly dropping back to XBMC. Whilst not entirely successful, it does perform well 95% of the time.

my only wish now is for it to be a little "prettier". Instead of generic "folder" icons, maybe something more graphical and Netflix themed perhaps and maybe scraping film/tv info from online databases. But these are small issues. Overall this is one plugin that I'm finding that I'm getting a lot of use from. I hope that it continues it's, already quick, updates and development.
This addon works great, the Windows control utility is great. Since this is designed to work with Media Center remotes is there a reason the control utility can't be used to intercept remote presses and map them to the native Netflix hotkeys (a list of them can be found here: http://markwarren.wordpress.com/2010/03/...shortcuts/)?

So for instance in the control utility have the option to set the play button on the remote and it would activate the "Page Up" hotkey in the Chrome browser. Maybe these hotkey entries could be entered on a second page.

Is there a reason this couldn't be done?
(2013-12-02, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 06:07)Razor Ramon Wrote: I am using a PC with my TV as a dual monitor for XBMC. When I click anything it opens Netflix on my PC screen and not the TV. I tried making it so chrome only opens on the TV screen but that didn't help. Any idea what I can do?
When you start Chrome manually, and close it on your preferred display, doesn't Chrome remember the last used display?
I just had a quick look, but couldn't find a parameter to force chrome to use a specific display.

The browser remembers to open on the TV screen but not when Netflix launches, it always automatically opens on the PC screen every time.
When I select alt+F4 to exit the program, it kills Chrome but does not bring XBMC back up (it remains minimized). When I go to maximize it, it stays windowed.

Another thing, if I close XBMC anytime after using this addon and later reopen, I get "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting" From that point I can only open the task manager and kill NetfliXBMC_utility.exe or restart the PC

I'm using Windows 7...

Thank you for creating this and for your support.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7