• 21(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Running XBMCBuntu 12.2
I have all the necessary files installed
when I launch app
I can get to whatever I like but once I try to watch anything, browser opens up (left side of screen & cut off )
and asking me for login / password
I cant type anything in with keyboard or keyboard on my remote?

and how do I exit this screen also?
(2014-01-27, 04:54)Swiper the Fox Wrote: Running XBMCBuntu 12.2
I have all the necessary files installed
when I launch app
I can get to whatever I like but once I try to watch anything, browser opens up (left side of screen & cut off )
and asking me for login / password
I cant type anything in with keyboard or keyboard on my remote?

and how do I exit this screen also?

Uncheck the kiosk mode setting in Netflixbmc. Click on a video and the browser will pop up as a normal window. Login, then close. Go back to the settings and reenable kiosk mode. Now you should be logged in. I use Alt-F4 (or the close button on my remote, which sends the same command) to close.
(2014-01-27, 05:46)locoguano Wrote: Uncheck the kiosk mode setting in Netflixbmc. Click on a video and the browser will pop up as a normal window. Login, then close. Go back to the settings and reenable kiosk mode. Now you should be logged in. I use Alt-F4 (or the close button on my remote, which sends the same command) to close.

Tried
the browser still comes up part cut off on top /left and bottom / shows up on entire left side of screen
I can not move mouse into the field area to type / and keyboard does not enter anything in to login
keyboard does work in xmbcbuntu screen that I can see in background on right side

alt + F4 does not do anything ( alt +f4 2 times also does nothing )

Thanks

ps: even if I launch it from programs(chromelauncher) it does same thing
opens up left side
can't do anything with it , with mouse or keyboard
only way out is to reboot it

Exited XBMC
when into Ubuntu
launched chrome
logged into Netflix
saved password option, that was all good
rebooted / back into xbmcbuntu
still no go on this plugin

now, browser opens up half the size (top left of screen) and still can't use mouse/keyboard inside
think its time I quit
I am not Linux guru material and have no idea why its not working

:o)
(2014-01-27, 06:20)Swiper the Fox Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 05:46)locoguano Wrote: Uncheck the kiosk mode setting in Netflixbmc. Click on a video and the browser will pop up as a normal window. Login, then close. Go back to the settings and reenable kiosk mode. Now you should be logged in. I use Alt-F4 (or the close button on my remote, which sends the same command) to close.

Tried
the browser still comes up part cut off on top /left and bottom / shows up on entire left side of screen
I can not move mouse into the field area to type / and keyboard does not enter anything in to login
keyboard does work in xmbcbuntu screen that I can see in background on right side

Thanks

opens up left side

Exited XBMC
when into Ubuntu
launched chrome
logged into Netflix

now, browser opens up half the size (top left of screen) and still can't use mouse/keyboard inside
think its time I quit

Just have a look at what the author wrote! Wink
See FAQ in the first post: "XBMCbuntu: Chrome does not start in fullscreen. What to do?"
Follow the link and read through the Chrome Launcher thread. You just need to start openbox with a custom script...
(2014-01-26, 23:43)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I guess this is related to the changes with movie/tvshow detection.
Are you living outside the US? If so, please send me the translation for the length (minutes) when you mouseover on some movie on netflix.

Yes, I live in the Netherlands. The length of a movie in the mouse-over info screen is shown in "minuten" in Dutch. Hope this fixes it!
(2014-01-27, 08:31)mvzut Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 23:43)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I guess this is related to the changes with movie/tvshow detection.
Are you living outside the US? If so, please send me the translation for the length (minutes) when you mouseover on some movie on netflix.

Yes, I live in the Netherlands. The length of a movie in the mouse-over info screen is shown in "minuten" in Dutch. Hope this fixes it!

Does this fix the VPN issues. I have the same issues that nothing launches if I use US VPN from the UK. The content displays fine but I can't play anything. Had the issue a while now.
(2014-01-26, 02:48)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 06:13)cgrey Wrote: Awesome plugin - thanks for all your effort.

Am I the only one experiencing this? No matter what I search for (using the search function), I get "no results found". I've tried search for movies and tv shows that I know for sure exist, both full and partial titles - for example "Top" and "Top Gear" both return no results, while Top Gear is definitely a show on Netflix. Same with "House" or "House of Cards" - just two examples.

Mmm, working fine here. Are you living outside the US?

Nope, I'm in the US. Otherwise, this fantastic plugin seems to be working perfectly for me.

Aeon Nox skin, if it matters...
The control utility no longer seems to work with IE in the latest version - wa working perfectly before new version.

Ive never been able to use chrome as it either starts minimised or not in full screen, ie was perfect.

Edit - closing command actually does something in that it returns focus to xbmc, but it foes not close the browser window, could it be rated to the new full screen Silverlight option?
(2014-01-27, 07:14)thaejivi Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 06:20)Swiper the Fox Wrote:

Tried

Thanks

opens up left side

Exited XBMC
when into Ubuntu
launched chrome
logged into Netflix

think its time I quit

See FAQ in the first post: "XBMCbuntu: Chrome does not start in fullscreen. What to do?"
Follow the link and read through the Chrome Launcher thread. You just need to start openbox with a custom script...

That does not work, unfortunately.
(2014-01-28, 04:19)enneract Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 07:14)thaejivi Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 06:20)Swiper the Fox Wrote: Tried

Thanks

opens up left side

Exited XBMC
when into Ubuntu
launched chrome
logged into Netflix

think its time I quit

Works fine for me and several other users here. Looks like you are doing something wrong.
There are some example scripts available at the chrome launcher thread. Just adjust them for your needs.
(2014-01-28, 04:37)thaejivi Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 04:19)enneract Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 07:14)thaejivi Wrote: Just have a look at what the author wrote! Wink

Works fine for me and several other users here. Looks like you are doing something wrong.
There are some example scripts available at the chrome launcher thread. Just adjust them for your needs.

I can't help that, all I can tell you is that it doesn't work. xdotool does not grab focus of the window, and, as nearly as I can tell, said script is not executing at all (replacing the script with a blank file still allows chrome to launch, which it should not, replacing the script with one which writes the arguments to a file and nothing else still allows chrome to launch and does not write said arguments to the file)
(2014-01-28, 04:43)enneract Wrote: xdotool does not grab focus of the window
Before that, you'll need to have a desktop environment running.

(2014-01-28, 04:43)enneract Wrote: and, as nearly as I can tell, said script is not executing at all (replacing the script with a blank file still allows chrome to launch, which it should not, replacing the script with one which writes the arguments to a file and nothing else still allows chrome to launch and does not write said arguments to the file)
Sounds like you have forgotten to activate the "Use custom chrome / script path" setting.
(2014-01-28, 04:52)thaejivi Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 04:43)enneract Wrote: xdotool does not grab focus of the window
Before that, you'll need to have a desktop environment running.

(2014-01-28, 04:43)enneract Wrote: and, as nearly as I can tell, said script is not executing at all (replacing the script with a blank file still allows chrome to launch, which it should not, replacing the script with one which writes the arguments to a file and nothing else still allows chrome to launch and does not write said arguments to the file)
Sounds like you have forgotten to activate the "Use custom chrome / script path" setting.

Desktop environment is running, and no, I have not forgotten that. I've even changed it to a non-default script.
(2014-01-28, 05:01)enneract Wrote: Desktop environment is running, and no, I have not forgotten that. I've even changed it to a non-default script.
If your desktop environment is already running, you don't need a custom script to start it. Confused
I suggest you to have a look at the chrome launcher thread again. Several users posted working example scripts there.
Also, i think this is not the right place here. As mentioned in the first post, Chrome Launcher related stuff should be discussed in it's own thread.
Hey guys, few questions

A) When I run a Netflix stream file in a playlist and the next item is local media, XBMC automatically plays the local media so I get both Netflix and XBMC running at the same time, is there any way to make it wait for Chrome to close before playing the next item?
B) Is there a way for Chrome to automatically close itself upon completion of a video?
C) Has anybody managed to get a 360 controller working for Netflix functions? Adding support would be awesome

Thanks for any help in advance
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7