• 30(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Has anyone got this working using mediahint under linux?
HI there,

I'm running NetfliXMBC under XMBCbuntu 12 (Frodo). I have already applied the code fix to default.py, line 473. Silverlight (pipelight) have been installed.

The application appears to run correctly, except when a video is launched. The following actions occur:

1) Chrome opens a blank tab
2) The blank tab becomes the Chrome Web Store (which would normally be accessed by clicking on its icon)
3) ff gets typed into the search bar on the chrome web store.

This happens every time a video is launched, without fail. This can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/zgCDzlepvSk

I am unsure if this is a problem with NetfliXBMC or ChromeLauncher. Chrome Launcher's only modification is the following script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
/usr/bin/chromium-browser
killall -9 openbox

Thanks for the help, let me know if I can provide more information.
Like those above me, I am still getting the "You are not logged in. Restart the addon!" prompt even after applying the fix. I have rebooted my computer as well. Any thoughts? Thanks!
OMGitsBob, show output of default.py where the edit was made. I think most people were able to fix it with that edit. I know mine is working fine
(2014-03-07, 08:47)OMGitsBob Wrote: Like those above me, I am still getting the "You are not logged in. Restart the addon!" prompt even after applying the fix. I have rebooted my computer as well. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Try remove "plugin.video.netflixbmc" folder from

linux ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc
or
windows %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc
New to both XBMC and this plugin. Installed both today on my Mac mini running Mavericks. First, I was getting the "you are not logged in" error, so I edited that line as per the instructions on page 28. Now, I get a "Error Script failed plugin.video.netflixbmc" message...
For anyone else having issues making the adjustment to default.py, check your indentations, it seem python is expecting spaces instead of tabs, notepad++ auto tabbed on the indentation when i copied and pasted from the line posted on page 28.

If you made that goof you get this error in the debug log:
14:32:45 T:7704 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndentationError'>
Error Contents: ('unexpected indent', ('C:\\Users\\dyerseve\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\default.py', 474, 1, '\tmatch = re.compile(\'"LOCALE":"(.+?)"\', re.DOTALL).findall(content)\n'))
IndentationError: ('unexpected indent', ('C:\\Users\\dyerseve\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\default.py', 474, 1, '\tmatch = re.compile(\'"LOCALE":"(.+?)"\', re.DOTALL).findall(content)\n'))
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:32:45 T:2588 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
I'm having the same issue as paperfairy.
Netflix launches to blank page and ff is typed into the browser.

@ paperfairy

Hey change your script to

#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

This launches the default chrome addon and Netflix.

Post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170965&page=8

I still got an silverlight error but IT WORKS!!!
I was getting the same "you are not logged in" message even after adding adding the /login fix.
After a bit of troubleshooting, what I found was that my password wasn't being saved properly.
Somehow a '1' was being replaced with a '.'
I don't think this was a typo since they're at opposite ends of my keyboard.

Anyways, I set my password using my mouse and the on-screen keyboard, and now it works.
So after manually applying the line 473 fix, and putting my credentials in with the XBMC soft-keyboard specifically (not my computer's keyboard), I get the following in the XBMC log after it tells me that the script crashes:

Code:
10:09:07 T:3760   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\profile')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 735, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 116, in listVideos
                                                setProfile()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 509, in setProfile
                                                fh = open(profileFile, 'r')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\profile')
10:09:07 T:3760    INFO: Python script stopped

Manually creating the "profile" directory this refers to (as it isn't there, in my "plugin.video.netflixbmc" directory) does nothing. Removing the "plugin.video.netflixbmc" directory from the addon_data folder does nothing upon a restart of the plugin and the re-entrance of my account credentials.... I get the same script-crash error and I'm back to square one. Thoughts or suggestions of where I'd go from here? I thought it might be permissions or something, since it's obviously not creating the directory "profile;" but I'm the admin on this Win7 laptop and I have UAC disabled totally at this point too, in trouble shooting the matter. And still, nada.... and this is in version 1.2.5., with I thought this having been resolved in a previous release.
(2014-01-21, 21:11)Etnies Wrote: Is there anyway for this to work with the xbmc app instead of a remote? I have it working perfect with a remote but using an iPad for the bedroom setup but obviously need the alt f4 kill window command.. I could use logmein and do it that way but it's a bit messy

Thanks

By the way great Add on registered just for it

I'm wondering the same thing... Is there anyway to interface the chrome kiosk / Netflix with either the XBMC/Yatse apps or my Logitech F710 gamepad? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04. Not sure if xdotool can do this. Many thanks to anyone that can help!
(2014-03-09, 02:53)johnsonld123 Wrote: I'm having the same issue as paperfairy.
Netflix launches to blank page and ff is typed into the browser.

@ paperfairy

Hey change your script to

#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

This launches the default chrome addon and Netflix.

Post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170965&page=8

I still got an silverlight error but IT WORKS!!!

That solves the previous problem, thanks! I do have another problem - sometimes, videos won't play, but audio does, but I think this is a silverlight issue, not a chrome/netflix one.
(2014-03-10, 17:43)PapaJupe Wrote: So after manually applying the line 473 fix, and putting my credentials in with the XBMC soft-keyboard specifically (not my computer's keyboard), I get the following in the XBMC log after it tells me that the script crashes:

Code:
10:09:07 T:3760   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\profile')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 735, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 116, in listVideos
                                                setProfile()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 509, in setProfile
                                                fh = open(profileFile, 'r')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.netflixbmc\\profile')
10:09:07 T:3760    INFO: Python script stopped

Manually creating the "profile" directory this refers to (as it isn't there, in my "plugin.video.netflixbmc" directory) does nothing. Removing the "plugin.video.netflixbmc" directory from the addon_data folder does nothing upon a restart of the plugin and the re-entrance of my account credentials.... I get the same script-crash error and I'm back to square one. Thoughts or suggestions of where I'd go from here? I thought it might be permissions or something, since it's obviously not creating the directory "profile;" but I'm the admin on this Win7 laptop and I have UAC disabled totally at this point too, in trouble shooting the matter. And still, nada.... and this is in version 1.2.5., with I thought this having been resolved in a previous release.

I have the exact same problem :-( So you're not alone.
Everything seems to work except for actually viewing videos in netflix. When I select a video to watch the web browser halts with an alert talking about an invalid certificate.

Chrome says that it can't connect to the real netflix.com, IE complains about the cert. My desktop and tablet can view netflix fine. It is not a network issue.

This is on Windows 8.1 x64, Chrome and IE tested

Here is the URL it passes.

Code:
https://www.netflix.com/Login?nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.netflix.com%2FSwitchProfile%3Ftkn%(removed. Not sure if sensitive data)%26nextpage%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fmovies.netflix.com%252FWiPlayer%253Fmovieid%253D70272488

EDIT: Solved. I tried to reproduce using the exact same setup on my desktop but it worked there. Reinstalled htpc with Windows 7 and all is functioning perfectly.
dgterk Wrote:So I am having a similar issue. I am new to XBMC so still learning, however whenever I go to Netflix/Chrome via this add-on I am pretty much stuck there. I cannot get back into XBMC.

Me too .....

XBMC Gotham Beta 1 running under Linux Mint OS

When I launch NetfliXBMC, it gets my profile lists (so recognizes my log-in);
If I choose a menu I can see what has been watched recently etc;
while browsing movies, programs, it is clearly operating within xbmc - I can navigate through all the Netflix menus
When I select a program to stream however, it then launches a full screen of Netflix log-in

If I log in* I can watch programs - however cannot escape from Netflix - neither return to xbmc nor desktop;
back, escape do nothing & i'm stuck in this full screen mode unless I ctrl alt del

Netflix works fine directly in browser;
Successfully installed pipelight and the user agent switcher in chrome (using netflix 15 windows)
I did have to do the initial default.py mod to get it to launch initially.

Not sure if there is some config I have incorrect/missing?
Getting stuck in the 'full-screen mode' is the only issue I seem to have.

*p.s. If I save the log-in/pw in Chrome, it will go straight to the full screen window to stream the video.
Again, I can get back to other menu choices within Netflix, but cannot escape Netflix entirely to return to either desktop or XBMC

Edit - sorry missed this from opening post Image

Quote:Linux:
If you have xdotool installed, the mouse gets hidden and the silverlight player focused so you can control everything via remote/keyboard.
Close the browser via ALT+F4 or map it to any remote key via an external tool.

So now I know how to close the session and get back to XBMC

However now I find, each time I close and return to XBMC, there is a 'Remote Share - Could not connect to Network Server' message (even though it appears to be)
And otherwise works OK
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7