• 45(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with Netflixbmc. I'm using Gotham 13.0 and when I end a video focus gets put on the windows desktop with XBMC minimized. I found a workaround - using a "windowed fullscreen" instead of "true fullscreen" fixes the problem (I'm brought back to XBMC when I end the video) - but then the video lags a lot.

Furthermore, I've not been able yet to control reliably netflixbmc (simply pausing or stopping netflix) with Yatse. Have others tried it?

Any thoughts on how to fix these?

Thanks!
Hi,
found some time/motivation to work on the addon again.

v1.2.7:
- Added custom library path
- Added seperate Movie/TV listing
- Changed internal setting storage
- Changed xbmc maximizing after playback (Win)
- Fixed/changed "Viewing Activity"
- Fixed search on some systems
- Fixed genre video listing
- Fixed next page entry

I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to answer some questions / help to fix some problems next days...

Have fun Smile
asde
(2014-06-03, 00:36)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hi,
found some time/motivation to work on the addon again.

v1.2.7:
- Added custom library path
- Added seperate Movie/TV listing
- Changed internal setting storage
- Changed xbmc maximizing after playback (Win)
- Fixed/changed "Viewing Activity"
- Fixed search on some systems
- Fixed genre video listing
- Fixed next page entry

I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to answer some questions / help to fix some problems next days...

Have fun Smile
asde

Great news - I just browsed your github - don't see the changes there. Are you planning to update the addon into your "testing repo" repository? If not can't you point out where we can download the latest version?
Updates came thru to me automatically from the repo, if it's not there, try force refresh the repo
(2014-06-03, 03:45)cordfree Wrote: Updates came thru to me automatically from the repo, if it's not there, try force refresh the repo

Thanks - that did it!
Thanks for the update. But I can't get this to work for childrens tv shows. Movies play fine and with normal TV shows I can click on the show and it then shows me the season menu from where I can start the episode. But there is a script error when trying to play anything which is more Child orientated, like Kickin it. It does not even show the season menu just gives me a script error. I am using windows 8.1 and XBMC Gotham 13.1 RC1.

What can I do?
Genres doesn't work with this update, get script error... When I put back the modded 1.2.6 they work again.

Tested clean install XBMC 13 Gotham Windows 7, just installed repo and plugin:

With movies:
Everything works except for: Genres and Just for kids

With tv shows:
Everthing works except for: Genres and Just for kids

With genres and Just for kids I get: script failed - NetfliXBMC

Search works oke and next page also.

Got just one single user in Netflix. Using Dutch Netflix.
Update seems to have broken everything for me. Will try a new install. Anyone else having this issue?
When I click on anything it says "You are not logged in. Check your credentials." I already setup my login. This is on 13.0 RC1
(2014-06-03, 22:33)GrantXP Wrote: Update seems to have broken everything for me. Will try a new install. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: System needed restarting. Everything working great now.

Has anyone managed to get this working with a VPN. I am using Private Internet access with no luck...

Thanks
I think the update has messed up my foreign access - I live in Germany but VPN into other countries. When using Netherlands Netflix I can only access video that is also available in the US. For example, Breaking Bad works, Orange is the New Black works, but Fargo and From Dusk Til Dawn do not work. My locale file reads en-NL as it did before.

I should add that I have a US Netflix account, don't know if that makes a difference.

I should also add that this add-on is amazing. Really great work, thank you!
Another try... Wink

v1.2.8:
- Changed/Fixed "Viewing Activity"
- Changed/Fixed genre video listing / next page

Forgot to say: If you changed the "locale" file because of VPN/DNS - it's not used anymore. You'll need to change the "language" value in the settings.xml instead.

If you have any problems with the new version, try to reset NetfliXBMC via the addon settings.
After resetting, close the settings screen via "OK" or your settings will be lost...

(2014-06-02, 18:11)tb87 Wrote: I'm having a problem with Netflixbmc. I'm using Gotham 13.0 and when I end a video focus gets put on the windows desktop with XBMC minimized. I found a workaround - using a "windowed fullscreen" instead of "true fullscreen" fixes the problem (I'm brought back to XBMC when I end the video) - but then the video lags a lot.
I changed maximizing XBMC in v1.2.7. Is it now working for you with true fullscreen?

(2014-06-02, 18:11)tb87 Wrote: Furthermore, I've not been able yet to control reliably netflixbmc (simply pausing or stopping netflix) with Yatse. Have others tried it?
Did you activated "Enable remote/web control" via the addon settings? See here for more info...
I got no feedback for this yet. Just did a quick test and it worked for me.

(2014-06-03, 10:16)greatmanu80 Wrote: Thanks for the update. But I can't get this to work for childrens tv shows. Movies play fine and with normal TV shows I can click on the show and it then shows me the season menu from where I can start the episode. But there is a script error when trying to play anything which is more Child orientated, like Kickin it. It does not even show the season menu just gives me a script error. I am using windows 8.1 and XBMC Gotham 13.1 RC1.

What can I do?
Mmm, do you maybe use a DNS/VPN? And those not working shows are not available in your country? If so, see above for what to do.
Or only via "Just for Kids". I changed something in v1.2.8 that affects it. Maybe it's now working.

(2014-06-03, 19:29)ricardosunnie Wrote: Genres doesn't work with this update, get script error... When I put back the modded 1.2.6 they work again.

With movies:

With tv shows:

Netflix is now using a new API for genre video listing. The old API isn't working anymore (only first page).
I changed something again in v1.2.8 related to your problem. Now working for you?

(2014-06-04, 01:24)Twitchstick Wrote: When I click on anything it says "You are not logged in. Check your credentials." I already setup my login. This is on 13.0 RC1
Try to reset the addon and/or check your credentials in settings.xml.

(2014-06-04, 12:14)GrantXP Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 22:33)GrantXP Wrote: Update seems to have broken everything for me. Will try a new install. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: System needed restarting. Everything working great now.

Has anyone managed to get this working with a VPN. I am using Private Internet access with no luck...

Thanks
Try changing the "language" value in your settings.xml to "en-US".

(2014-06-04, 21:45)airberger Wrote: I think the update has messed up my foreign access - I live in Germany but VPN into other countries. When using Netherlands Netflix I can only access video that is also available in the US. For example, Breaking Bad works, Orange is the New Black works, but Fargo and From Dusk Til Dawn do not work. My locale file reads en-NL as it did before.

I should add that I have a US Netflix account, don't know if that makes a difference.

I should also add that this add-on is amazing. Really great work, thank you!
The "locale" file is not used anymore. You'll need to change the "language" value in the settings.xml instead.
All is working now after changing the language setting to US for my DNS. Thanks.

Now I have found another minor error. When adding a tv show to my library everything adds and artwork downloads as it should. But when playing directly from the TV library link an error pops up saying it "can't find the next item to play" and sometimes when returning it says "playback failed, one or more items failed to play". The stream plays fine though so there is no problem there just these errors poping up.
(2014-06-05, 00:23)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Another try... Wink

(2014-06-03, 19:29)ricardosunnie Wrote: Genres doesn't work with this update, get script error... When I put back the modded 1.2.6 they work again.

With movies:

With tv shows:

Netflix is now using a new API for genre video listing. The old API isn't working anymore (only first page).
I changed something again in v1.2.8 related to your problem. Now working for you?

Thanks for the update, glad to see you've found some time to help us.
Made some progress: now when I choose genres it works all the time, but choosing one of the genres gives me most of the time the script failed message.
Most of the time the first genre I open works oke, but everyone I open later errors, even the ones he has in cache.
Tried it again on a fresh installed Gotham on Windows 7, and just install the 1.2.8 version from repo.
Hi again,

Thanks for taking the time to answer to all of us. Here is a more detailed post. Well first - and this indeed should have been done first but I was a bit in a hurry when I first posted - thank you for this great plugin. I am really grateful for the time you've taken to code this for us.

I am currently using XBMC 13.0-BETA 3 (built on Mar 28 2014) with netflixbmc 1.2.8. And this is how things work on my side.

Okay so to answer your questions, yes I do have enabled "Remote/web control", but have disabled the control utility since things would repeatedly go wrong when I exited chrome - XBMC would remain minimized and the control utility would bring up incessantly the "Shutdown windows" dialog (probably because it pushed ALT-F4) - and when I right-clicked it brought the configuration window.

I have tried with/without control utility and true/windowed fullscreen and those are my results :

True fullscreen without control utility
  • XBMC remains minimized when I exit netflix
  • I have an error message saying "Remote share - could not connect to network server" when I get back to XBMC
  • Pausing, volume doesn't work through Yatse - only exiting via the "Info" button works
  • Mouse doesn't get hidden

True fullscreen with control utility enabled
  • XBMC still remains minimized
  • I still have the "Remote share.." error message
  • Controls from Yatse all seem to be working but lag somewhat
  • Mouse gets hidden correctly

Windowed fullscreen without control utility
  • Focus returns correctly to a fullscreen XBMC when exiting netflix
  • I still have the "Remote share.." error message
  • Only exiting via the info button works via Yatse (no volume, etc.)
  • Mouse doesn't get hidden
  • Video lags somewhat (enough to bother me)

Windowed fullscreen with control utility enabled
  • Again returns correctly to fullscreen XBMC
  • Still have the "Remote share" error message
  • Controls all work but still lag a bit
  • Mouse gets hidden
  • Video still lags

One thing about the "video lagging" thing : it's quite weird that the very same Chrome, when started by XBMC (windowed fullscreen mode here), lags in netflix. I just did test it again in Chrome by manually executing Chrome myself and netflix doesn't lag at all. And it is *also* weird that I can watch full HD movies in windowed fullscreen without the movie lagging at all. That puzzles me quite a lot..

So basically, here are my conclusions :
  • I don't care about the "Remote share.." error message. I had just included it FYI.
  • Controls lagging a bit is annoying at most, but I can deal with it also. As long as they work (with control utility) that's what's most important.
  • Mouse also gets hidden properly with the control utility.
  • So it basically breaks down to this : either I have to find why Chrome lags when started by your plugin (in windowed fullscreen), or how to exit more gracefully netflix (in true fullscreen) without XBMC remaining minimized and the control utility going crazy. XBMC remaining minimized is annoying because I have to fetch and turn on the mouse each time it happens, but what is *more* annoying is that (and I was almost forgetting this) XBMC just hangs completely sometimes when the plugin exits. Sometimes the window stays black, sometimes there's something on the screen but XBMC doesn't respond to controls and its process (and the plugin's) has to be killed with task manager and restarted for it to work correctly.

Sorry for the long post. I just thought the more info you had, the better.

And thanks again for the plugin - and the support!

Alex
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7