• 50(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-08-04, 00:49)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.2.9:
- Fixed search
- Fixed "Viewing Activity"

(2014-07-22, 16:40)marcelveldt Wrote: 1. The function "add to my list" doesn't seem to be working.
Working fine for me. Do you still have problems with it?

(2014-07-22, 16:40)marcelveldt Wrote: 3. Is it possible to add a category for "most popular" like on the website ?
4. Is it possible to add category for recommendations like on the website ?
Yes, should be possible. I'll add it asap.

(2014-08-03, 21:12)Kr0nZ Wrote: nice addon, I've been using it for last few days.
However, it seems a lot of the listings are broken (only latest and all shows work, with no way to go to next page), this might be because netflix is in the process of deprecating their api.
With the current version, everything is working fine for me (at a quick test). Next Page is also working - did not changed it in v1.2.9
Would be nice if a few users can give me some feedback on what is working and what is not.

Btw: I wasn't really using the addon last months - but: Netflix is coming to germany in september Big Grin
So I guess this will result in really working on the addon again...

Few feedbacks as requested using 1.2.9:
- add to my list function does not work in the TV show section but does not give any error message. It works fine in the Movies section.
- Viewing activity doesn't work in TV and Movies
- Search does not work in either categories
- the rest is working fine (Latest, HD only, Genre, etc.)

I am using Netflix US (in the US), Gotham 13.1-RC1 in ubuntu 14.
I hope this is helping.

EDIT: for some reasons, viewing activity is working intermittently (movies and tv)
AddonScripterDE do you have an official response to the fact chrome and Linux is broken? Are you going to add Firefox support?

In meantime I installed old version of chrome on my htpc and all is well.

Comment 9 of the pipelight chrome bug report has direct download links for Linux

https://bugs.launchpad.net/pipelight/+bu...comments/9
Thought that some people in this thread might be interested in this, Netflix in Chrome without Pipelight.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTc1ODY
Chrome native drm for netflix does not work on ubuntu 14.04 but seems to work on 14.10
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream...o2suguvi0q
(2014-08-09, 23:23)teeedubb Wrote: Thought that some people in this thread might be interested in this, Netflix in Chrome without Pipelight.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTc1ODY

This sounds promising! I will check it out later today on my XBMCBuntu box with the NextflixBMC add-on installed.
Now I'm just using old version of chrome with pipelight but this sounds even better, setting up pipelight is kind of an hassle and it lacks support of multichannel audio.
I got it working! Running Ubuntu 14.04 (xbmcbuntu) with the NetfliXBMC plugin...

steps:

1. install Google Chrome DEV release (v38)
2. install latest libnss:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/libnss3
http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/libnss3-1d

3. modify your custom script in chrome launcher to use google-chome-unstable
4. setup a user agent switcher in chrome with the following user agent string:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36
5. launch netflix and enjoy :-)

Oh, one more step: in some rare cases you have to go into your netflix accountsettings and enable checkbox "prefer HTML5 player"
You will also want

libnss3-nssdb_3.16.3-1ubuntu1_all.deb

or you'll break dependencies and be unable to install or update every again.

I also added the following lines to "~/.lircrc". The button lines are for MCEUSB, if you have a different remote find the correct buttons using irw. You will of course need lircd and irxevent running in the background.

Keyboard shortcuts are a bit wonky with the HTML5 player. Space works as expected to play/pause. Right and left to seek only work when paused. Up, down, forward, and reverse don't seem to work at all. But if you have pause, seek, and quit, that's all you really need.

Code:
#### BEGIN GOOGLE CHROME - NETFLIX CONTROLS
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_PAUSE
    repeat = 0
    config = Key space Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_PLAY
    repeat = 0
    config = Key space Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_UP
    config = Key Up Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_DOWN
    config = Key Down Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_LEFT
    config = Key Left Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_RIGHT
    config = Key Right Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_STOP
    repeat = 0
    config = Key ctrl-w Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_REWIND
    repeat = 0
    config = Key shift-left Focus Netflix
end
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_FORWARD
    repeat = 0
    config = Key shift-right Focus Netflix
end

#### END GOOGLE CHROME - NETFLIX CONTROLS
Use the ppa providrd in the google plus post. Then you can ppa purge that repo if required.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:leonbo/nss
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
(2014-08-05, 21:23)aferrandi Wrote: Temporary (not perfect) solution for the problem of Chrome/Pipelight in Linux, if you have Netflix Desktop installed and you don't want to use an old version of Chrome:

Make a copy of the file ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py, so that if something goes wrong you can go back to the existing solution.
Then in the file ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py, instead of:
Code:
elif osLinux:
        xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher
  elif osWin:
write:

Code:
elif osLinux:
        subprocess.Popen("firefox '"+url+"'", shell=True)
        try:
            xbmc.sleep(5000)
            if linuxFullscreen:
                subprocess.Popen('xdotool key F11', shell=True)
        except:
            pass
    elif osWin:

It works for me. Remember that when the plugin gets updated the default.py file looses all these changes.

I gave this a try but have no sound. when starting it from netflixbmc. If i open firefox from desktop everything works fine.
I did everything suggeted. But when I play something I am getting a "whoops, something went wrong... error code m7063-1913. Ever get that?

(2014-08-10, 17:46)marcelveldt Wrote: I got it working! Running Ubuntu 14.04 (xbmcbuntu) with the NetfliXBMC plugin...

steps:

1. install Google Chrome DEV release (v38)
2. install latest libnss:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/libnss3
http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/libnss3-1d

3. modify your custom script in chrome launcher to use google-chome-unstable
4. setup a user agent switcher in chrome with the following user agent string:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36
5. launch netflix and enjoy :-)

Oh, one more step: in some rare cases you have to go into your netflix accountsettings and enable checkbox "prefer HTML5 player"
(2014-08-11, 09:08)Frozin Wrote: I did everything suggeted. But when I play something I am getting a "whoops, something went wrong... error code m7063-1913. Ever get that?

Hi,

I got the same thing; It seems to have to do with the User Agent you choose, in combination with the version of chrome you use.
Basically, I tried some of the user agents mentioned in the replies to the original instruction-post ( https://plus.google.com/1049127074323346...gnbmo63xVa ) and found one that works.

Now it seems ok.

( But I still have to work out why one works and another doesnt).

Alex.
got it working finally YAY, but only thing is there is no sound when using chrome launcher to launch chrome :/ however there is sound when on desktop so, time to find a fix Wink
I was able to get chrome-beta working pretty quickly, but I also had no sound. I have an AMD APU connected to a TV via HDMI. I'm running Ubuntu minimal 14.04 and the mesa drivers. To solve it I had to add some entries to /etc/asound.conf.

Code:
pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 3
}

ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 3
}

Those were my settings, but you can run "aplay -l" to see your configuration.

Also, thank you rodalpho for the lircrc settings... those were helpful for me.

"Next Page" on the genre view is the only thing left not working for me that I really care about.
(2014-08-12, 00:47)Frozin Wrote: got it working finally YAY, but only thing is there is no sound when using chrome launcher to launch chrome :/ however there is sound when on desktop so, time to find a fix Wink
I had the same problem and found that XBMC was "holding" on to the sound output while it is open. Try going into the system settings, sounds, and change "keep sound alive" from whatever it is set to, to 0. This worked for me using hdmi output to an Onkyo receiver. I hope it helps you because it took me a few weeks to figure out why silverlight kept throwing up audio errors when loading Netflix.
(2014-08-12, 05:05)Devo7v Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 00:47)Frozin Wrote: got it working finally YAY, but only thing is there is no sound when using chrome launcher to launch chrome :/ however there is sound when on desktop so, time to find a fix Wink
I had the same problem and found that XBMC was "holding" on to the sound output while it is open. Try going into the system settings, sounds, and change "keep sound alive" from whatever it is set to, to 0. This worked for me using hdmi output to an Onkyo receiver. I hope it helps you because it took me a few weeks to figure out why silverlight kept throwing up audio errors when loading Netflix.

That is indeed the solution for the no sound problem. Also you will off course need a correct .asound.conf file which will set the correct soundcard to default.
I noticed that sound is still stereo in Netflix, that's a shame as it was the whole reason I switched from pipelight to HTML5...
In the meanwhile I just changed my asound.conf file to upmix the sound to multiple speakers as a temp solution.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7