• 51(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-08-08, 04:40)SamBotte Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 00:49)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.2.9:
- Fixed search
- Fixed "Viewing Activity"

Few feedbacks as requested using 1.2.9:
- add to my list function does not work in the TV show section but does not give any error message. It works fine in the Movies section.
- Viewing activity doesn't work in TV and Movies
- Search does not work in either categories
- the rest is working fine (Latest, HD only, Genre, etc.)

I am using Netflix US (in the US), Gotham 13.1-RC1 in ubuntu 14.
I hope this is helping.

EDIT: for some reasons, viewing activity is working intermittently (movies and tv)

Search and My list are not working for me either I'm afraid. Using Netflix in the UK, Gotham 13.1 in Windows 8.1. Everything else seems okay. Really appreciate all your work!
Netflix working natively on Linux
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTc1ODY
Awesome! So glad netflix is now working natively on Linux in HTML5.
The pipelight thing always caused me to have A LOT of video tearing, but so far with the html5 player I haven't noticed any.

In case anyone's interested these are the steps I took to get it working:
  • Download google chrome "unstable" (v38) from https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?p...devchannel
  • If on ubuntu, or an ubuntu based system, You may need to update libnss3 to 3.16.3. Im on Mint 17 and I had to update it.
    * You can get the deb files from here *
  • Open up Chrome and install the 'User-Agent Switcher for Chrome' extension
  • Setup the extention to spoof the following User agent:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36

This is frustrating now... I have netflix working on desktop but when using netflixbmc it asks for the silverlight plugin :/ I went to the advance tab and turned off silverlight. I can't understand why it isn't work now.
(2014-08-12, 23:38)Frozin Wrote: This is frustrating now... I have netflix working on desktop but when using netflixbmc it asks for the silverlight plugin :/ I went to the advance tab and turned off silverlight. I can't understand why it isn't work now.

Not sure if this will help, but I had to change the user-agent that was hard-coded in the netflixbmc app. I didn't think the chrome --user-agent command line switch worked anymore, but it does on my system. It's in ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py (search for userAgent).

Also make sure you have a custom launcher script that's opening the right program (google-chrome-unstable, or google-chrome-beta).

I figured out why "next page" wasn't working for me in the genre lists. The source makes requests to /api/shakti/wigenre to retrieve next page listings, which was giving me a 404 error. I went into netflix with firebug and looked at the urls they were using and they were hitting /api/shakti/6b2486c2/wigenre. I added a snippet to insert that 6b2... bit in the url and it works fine now. Not sure why it would work for some and not others though, unless it's some netflix trickery Smile
(2014-08-12, 23:43)jdwilliams19 Wrote:
(2014-08-12, 23:38)Frozin Wrote: This is frustrating now... I have netflix working on desktop but when using netflixbmc it asks for the silverlight plugin :/ I went to the advance tab and turned off silverlight. I can't understand why it isn't work now.

Not sure if this will help, but I had to change the user-agent that was hard-coded in the netflixbmc app. I didn't think the chrome --user-agent command line switch worked anymore, but it does on my system. It's in ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py (search for userAgent).

Also make sure you have a custom launcher script that's opening the right program (google-chrome-unstable, or google-chrome-beta).

I figured out why "next page" wasn't working for me in the genre lists. The source makes requests to /api/shakti/wigenre to retrieve next page listings, which was giving me a 404 error. I went into netflix with firebug and looked at the urls they were using and they were hitting /api/shakti/6b2486c2/wigenre. I added a snippet to insert that 6b2... bit in the url and it works fine now. Not sure why it would work for some and not others though, unless it's some netflix trickery Smile
Thanks for the suggestion, ill check that out.

I went into chrome launchers default.py and changed it from google-chrome to google-chrome-unstable. Weird thing is if I right click in the full screen where the silver light plugin ad is and refresh the page the movie plays.

Now I have to figure out how to get it to play without refreshing.

Its probably has the wrong useragent, did you install and setup the UA switcher?

You could always open up the file ''.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py" and find line 67 then change:
Code:
userAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0"
to
userAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36"

but this will reset when the plugin updates next time, maybe AddonScriptorDE can add a option to set custom user agents in a future version.
I'm adding that now. Anyone else have this issue and have to change the .py file?
I've installed NetfliXBMC in combination with the Chrome launcher on my Windows 7 HTPC.
And after some issues I'm able to watch Netflix on my XBMC.
The only weird thing now is that I don't see all the content.
For example when I go to TV series and view all I don't see the serie "Sherlock" when I login via my normal chrome browser I do see this serie.
To overcome this issue I added this serie to "My list" in my chrome browser.
When I now go to "My list" in NetFliXBMC I'm able to watch this serie.

So the question is why does NetFliXBMC not show all the content.
Yep it was the user agent thanks for the help fella's. Now if I can only get the search function to work Smile
has anyone had this running on an openelec raspberry pi?
i see some have said it did work yet..

also saw some posts on openelec site and seems they are not interested in helping to support this app

in theory it should work,, linux box albeit stripped down, running wine or moon
any insight to this?
(2014-08-14, 07:55)sarum Wrote: has anyone had this running on an openelec raspberry pi?
i see some have said it did work yet..

also saw some posts on openelec site and seems they are not interested in helping to support this app

in theory it should work,, linux box albeit stripped down, running wine or moon
any insight to this?

It won't work. You need chrome beta along with 3 other dependencies, which on top of that require other dependencies. . I'm hoping someone will try to get it going but it doesn't seem it will happen. I switced to xbmcubuntu for that reason.
For those using this app in another country with a DNS redirector to get US content:

I looked quickly through the Default.py script and figured out why I've been getting the PY script error messages. I'm pretty sure the script reads XBMC's settings for language settings and uses it to determine which content to provide. I came up with a hacky solution (because i like having XBMC set to Canada) and fixed it by adding after:

len(language.split("-"))>1:
country = language.split("-")[1]

country = "US"

----
very simple solution that seems to work. I have no programming experience so I may be wrong in the couple minutes i looked thru the script as to what it uses to determine the country but maybe the creator can add a line in the configuration to allow us to set the country without using XBMC's settings. Seems a few of us using Unlocator or another DNS redirect service.
I can't get my search function to work.
The only thing I see is that there is an error in the script

Here is snipset of my log
Code:
09:56:17 T:5116  NOTICE: initialize done
09:56:17 T:5100  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:56:17 T:5100  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:56:18 T:5116  NOTICE: Running the application...
09:56:18 T:2236  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:56:18 T:5116  NOTICE: ES: Starting event server
09:56:18 T:5868  NOTICE: Thread TCPServer start, auto delete: false
09:56:18 T:3796  NOTICE: Thread EventServer start, auto delete: false
09:56:18 T:3796  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
09:56:18 T:3796  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
09:56:18 T:728  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
09:56:18 T:5516  NOTICE: Thread AlarmClock start, auto delete: false
09:56:18 T:3252  NOTICE: Thread RSSReader start, auto delete: false
09:56:20 T:5484  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:56:20 T:5484  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:56:22 T:1068  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:56:24 T:4416  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:56:24 T:4416  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:56:24 T:1812  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:56:26 T:4092  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:56:26 T:4092  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:56:31 T:4092   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('galleryVideos',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\christian.prins\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 888, in <module>
                                                search(type)
                                              File "C:\Users\christian.prins\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 526, in search
                                                listSearchVideos("http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/search/instantsearch?esn=www&term="+search_string+"&locale="+addon.getSetting("language")+"&country=US&authURL="+addon.getSetting("auth")+"&_retry=0&routing=redirect", type)
                                              File "C:\Users\christian.prins\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 173, in listSearchVideos
                                                for item in content["galleryVideos"]["items"]:
                                            KeyError: ('galleryVideos',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:56:31 T:5116   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=tv&url
09:56:31 T:5116   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=tv&url) failed
09:56:31 T:5636  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
09:56:31 T:5636  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

I already changed my user agent string as given above but without any result.
I'm running XBMC in a Windows 7 machine
So all I was missing for a complete remote controlled experience was to start irxevent in my session with the lirc irvent config file mentioned earlier on this thread. I can pause and resume and exit the browser back to xbmc all without xbmc moving from the Netflix menu where I left it.

This rocks

I am using unblock us and dnsmasq to control it all to play Netflix in oz
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7