• 66(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Hi guys dont know why but it is running out of the box on linux mint.
Installed chrome and the addon and its working.
Cant get it to run on xbmcbuntu.
So i leave it be and unsubscribe netflix and wil keep it just running xbmc on my nuc.
Cant find a solution for this.
Any help is still welcome in the future.
(2014-10-26, 03:06)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: Hi guys dont know why but it is running out of the box on linux mint.
So i leave it be and unsubscribe netflix and wil keep it just running xbmc on my nuc.

I think the reason you can not get Netflix to work in XBMCbuntu is because you don't have the latest version of libnss3. You need version 3.17 or later.

What is the output of:

Code:
apt-cache policy libnss3

You also need Chrome stable 37 or later.
Hi all;

I have found many hits on google for this error, but have yet to find a solution !

Code:
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>

12:08:05 T:3032176448   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
12:08:05 T:3032176448   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed

This is on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14, with the latest Chrome installed, whenever I launch the addon I get a script error and the log file shows it is unable to find the path.

The first error seems to be related with SSL, not sure abot the second error as the default.py file is definitely located in: root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc

Any suggestions ??
(2014-10-26, 03:11)jawilljr Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 03:06)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: Hi guys dont know why but it is running out of the box on linux mint.

I think the reason you can not get Netflix to work in XBMCbuntu is because you don't have the latest version of libnss3. You need version 3.17 or later.

What is the output of:

Code:
apt-cache policy libnss3

You also need Chrome stable 37 or later.
Off course i had latest libnss3 stuff,updated it to latest and tried chrome stable 38(latest) and chrome beta latest so i really don't know why it is running in a few clicks with mint and doesn't want to wrok with xbmcbuntu caus mint as well as xbmcbuntu use latest ubuntu as os.
Will post outcome of apt-cache policy libnss asap.
Any other tips still welcome.
(2014-03-19, 04:56)khuong Wrote: Any chance you can rewrite this with urllib3 to fix the SNI problems that urllib and urllib2 have?

i need to get it with urllib3 worlking too.......

what we need for this is

Code:
import certifi
import ssl
import urllib3
from urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
pyopenssl.inject_into_urllib3()
opener = urllib3.PoolManager(cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', ca_certs=certifi.where())
userAgent = {'qUser-agent':'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.16 Safari/537.36','Cookie':'cookie_name=Netflix'}

I guess i got the Login part to work. Will look into it in the upcoming weeks. If someone wants to join, you are welcome.
I have no idea of all of this, just googleing around Big Grin
Finally got everything working. The only 2 options that are not working are under as well Movies as under TV shows the My List and Viewing Activity.
When trying to open My List i get an error in script NetfliXBMC message and when trying to open Viewing activity it opens but is empty.
Hi All - I'm on XBMCbuntu & I'm having a problem controlling Chrome (kiosk or regular mode) once a movie is started, Chrome launches but I'm not able to control any functions or exit the browser. I've read in others posts that mention they had a similar issue but I couldn't find a post detailing the fix. I'm not sure if this is related to NetflixXBMC or chrome launcher, not really sure which one is responsible for passing xbmc control through to Chrome so you can FF, Pause, exit, etc...

I can say that when I log into the XBMCbuntu desktop and start XBMC from there and start a movie via NetfliXBMC I can control the browser as expected. I want to get this working from within the native XBMC interface that it normally boots into. Any help to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Few bits of information on my setup:
XBMCbuntu OS ver: 14.01
Chrome installed and nss libraries updated
XBMC ver 13.2
logitech K400r wireless keyboard
Logitech harmony one remote & Media center IR usb receiver
I just got netflixbmc running fairly smoothly on my windows 7 HTPC, but I have a small hiccup when I add shows to my library. The TV shows add just fine, except when there is a double length episode. The TVDB scraper seems to think there are two separate episodes, which means every episode after that is shifted, so the metadata for a given episode corresponds to the previous one. I'll use an example to (hopefully) unconfuse things:
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Season 1, is listed on netflix as:
1. Emissary (Parts 1 and 2)
2. Past Prologue
Whereas TVDB thinks that it is:
1. Emissary (1)
2. Emissary (2)
3. Past Prologue

I suppose this is a minor annoyance, but I have spent a while trying to figure it out on my own with no luck.

Thanks for your help!
Just installed everything (Windows 7 and Kodi 14.0 nightly build) and it works!
However, my videos are not playing in Kodi, but I am transferred to Chrome. This is probably just a setting but I can't find the solution anywhere.
So, my question, how can I enable video playback in Kodi itself instead of switching to Chrome?
Thx guys!
(2014-10-31, 12:46)CK3v1N Wrote: Just installed everything (Windows 7 and Kodi 14.0 nightly build) and it works!
However, my videos are not playing in Kodi, but I am transferred to Chrome. This is probably just a setting but I can't find the solution anywhere.
So, my question, how can I enable video playback in Kodi itself instead of switching to Chrome?
Thx guys!

That is how it is supposed to work. Because of the way the Netflix API works (I believe) the best Netflixbmc can do right now is link to the right page in Kiosk mode. You can, however, add the series or movie to your library, which makes XBMC behave as if those files are actually there, but when you select them, you'll still get linked to a netflix page in chrome.
thx for the reply! I was confused because of the demo movie in the begin thread. How can I make sure Chrome opens in full window AND returns to XBMC when stopping a movie?
In other words, how can I make sure I do not notice the interaction between XBMC and Chrome? Thx!
I am on xbmc Linux openelec on an Apple TV 1 box. How do I get Netflixbmc to work? It wil not connect with Crome and how do I install piplight installed?
(2014-11-01, 13:50)espen.andresen Wrote: I am on xbmc Linux openelec on an Apple TV 1 box. How do I get Netflixbmc to work? It wil not connect with Crome and how do I install piplight installed?

it won't work with openelec.
Really impressed with NetfliXBMC. I'd given up on getting a nice HTPC-friendly interface for Netflix.

Is there any way to get my "Viewing Activity" list to work. I have a UK account. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the ViewIDs in the settings menu but I'm not sure what I'm playing with there.

XBMC version: 13.2
hi! i have some issues when starting something to play, then chrome launcher starts and brings me to the netflix login page, but chrome launcher isn't capturing my mouse or keyboard so i can't login. I've already given my login credentials to the netflixbmc so I'm guessing it shsouldnt be nessisary. the same issue persists on all sites i try with the crome launcher add-on (keyboard and mouse isn't captured) I'm using the latest xbmcbuntu with xbmc 13.2. have anyone els encountered this issue and found a solution?
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7