• 69(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
File is missing.
14:40:57 T:4596 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\mediacentre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\resourc​es\language\English, fallback to strings.xml

Try to reinstall NetfliXBMC.
(2014-11-18, 16:47)-Dis Wrote: Removing file /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml
seems to fix issues with country.

You have to locate where that file is in your system.

Didn't help for me. Any other suggestions.
I tried re-installing but no luck. I have installed this on two different windows machines and have the same problem.
I just noticed also that doing "add to my list" within the plugin actually does nothing, even though the notification pops up saying the item was added to "my list". It's a minor annoyance but whatever, at least reading my list works.

I'm trying to figure out a few things to make the most of this plugin, I tried searching the thread but couldn't find anything so hopefully somebody else may share some insight.

Library Integration: When I choose a television show and do "add to library", will new episodes be automatically added to the library as and when Netflix acquires them? Also, for expired content which is no longer available, does the plugin to anything to recognize this and clean up stale entries?

Playlists: I am using a skin which lets you use playlists as content for widgets, so I'd love it if I could create a playlist from both "new on Netflix" and "my list" and have that updated every time I launch XBMC or every day. Is this even possible?

Thanks!
(2014-11-16, 02:03)iscribble Wrote: After watching twoHuh videos, I can't return to XBMC without killing xbmc.bat

Description
I'm having a problem with my setup that I don't see described anywhere else (except maybe here): the screen goes completely dark and unresponsive after watching two videos. If I kill XBMC via SSH, the screen returns (but at the root menu, not in context of NetfliXBMC). I assume this is because XBMC restarts itself.

How I reproduce the issue
  1. Start playing a video
  2. Stop playing the video (alt+F4)
  3. Start playing the same or another video
  4. Stop playing that video (alt+F4) - instead of reurning to XMBC, the screen is black and unresponsive
  5. Kill xbmc with: killall -9 xbmc.bin

My Setup
  • XBMCbuntu & Chrome launcher
  • Custom launcher script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
if ! pidof -x openbox > /dev/null
then
    openbox &
fi
/usr/bin/google-chrome "$@"
kill %1

What log?
From another computer I tailed the output of XBMC's debug... and nothing seems wrong. I've also compared the list of running processes at each step of this issue - nothing seems to be that different.

I have no idea what to do next!! Please help?

PS: Yes, I am using XBMC successfully today to watch videos. The public API going down should be irrelevant to NetfliXBMC, as it uses the browser rather than the API. I did have some problems that were alleviated by removing the "kids" profile Netflix created. Earlier (possibly related) I had to hard-code my country ('US') into the default.py script.

-----------------
Update: I just dicovered (via alt+tab) that XBMC goes black when chrome for the second video launches. It is not black when the first video launches. I feel like this might be a good clue... but I'm not sure.

I have the same issue.
Does anyone has an idea how to fix that ?
(2014-11-19, 22:43)jdoo Wrote: I just noticed also that doing "add to my list" within the plugin actually does nothing, even though the notification pops up saying the item was added to "my list". It's a minor annoyance but whatever, at least reading my list works.

I'm trying to figure out a few things to make the most of this plugin, I tried searching the thread but couldn't find anything so hopefully somebody else may share some insight.

Library Integration: When I choose a television show and do "add to library", will new episodes be automatically added to the library as and when Netflix acquires them? Also, for expired content which is no longer available, does the plugin to anything to recognize this and clean up stale entries?

Playlists: I am using a skin which lets you use playlists as content for widgets, so I'd love it if I could create a playlist from both "new on Netflix" and "my list" and have that updated every time I launch XBMC or every day. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at the Titan skin which has integrated support for the Netflixbmc addon.
I'm the author of that skin and use netflixbmc every day with my skin,
the widgets contain live data for example: just choose what you want to see and they get updated.

The Titan skin is available on the official xbmc repo, offcourse you can also check out latest beta versions: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201061

Offcourse it's a matter of personal taste if you like the skin, it's just a suggestion for you when I saw your wish for the widgets.

(2014-11-20, 07:48)SamBotte Wrote: I have the same issue.
Does anyone has an idea how to fix that ?

I experience this issue too, I believe since the 1.3.4 version.
When I have some spare time available I can take a look at the code but else we might have to wait for the author AddonScripterDE

(2014-11-19, 15:11)toptrumps Wrote: I tried re-installing but no luck. I have installed this on two different windows machines and have the same problem.

Please check in your addons folder if the addon is named plugin.video.netflixbmc (and not plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4)

I had this problem after installing the latest version (1.3.4) on a reinstalled machine and noticed that the version number was added to the folder name.
Just rename the folder and you're all set.
I'm on XBMC 13 on Linux Mint 17. It says it supports Chrome 37, I have 39 installed. I try to search for a show and I get a script error. I use both Canadian and USA Netflix. I was under the impression though that pipelight no longer supports Chrome. Pipelight does work with Firefox. I guess my confusion is the OP seems to indicate my configuration should work. Sorry there's a lot of pages to sift through.
(2014-11-21, 06:26)fwookster Wrote: I'm on XBMC 13 on Linux Mint 17. It says it supports Chrome 37, I have 39 installed. I try to search for a show and I get a script error. I use both Canadian and USA Netflix. I was under the impression though that pipelight no longer supports Chrome. Pipelight does work with Firefox. I guess my confusion is the OP seems to indicate my configuration should work. Sorry there's a lot of pages to sift through.

Hey fwookster,
Yeah you definitely don't need pipelight or any kind of silverlight extension, it's all html5 video now and chrome, no firefox.

There's plenty of reasons you could be getting script error, basically from an exception in the underlying plugin.
Presuming you're running XBMC as your normal user, run the following command in a console immediately after getting the script error in xbmc:
Code:
tail -n 50 ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

There should be an exception block in the log, starting with a line like:
Quote:01:12:23 T:140662452250368 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

Copy that block of text here and someone might be able to help.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
Hey everyone,
I was having problems with a number of functions no longer working, predominately profile selection (blank list).
Some other things like viewing history weren't working either (showing blank list), so I decided to try to fix them.

If anyone else is having similar issues you could try cloning my working space fork into your addons dir:
https://gitlab.alelec.net/corona/plugin....lixbmc.git
there's a zip download button on the page also rather than needing to use git if you don't want to.

Hi @AddonScriptorDE, I take it you work out of the google-code svn predominately, not the github repo? Would you be interested in pull requests on github?

I've also replaced urllib2 with requests, this allowed me to use its Session object instead of the cookiejar, and with (good old nasty) pickle save the Session to/from disk. This means the profile selection request doesn't need to be sent each time :-D

I think compressions is enabled by default in requests too, which could speed up things slightly as long as your cpu is better than your web connection.

Cheers,
Andrew
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
(2014-11-19, 02:19)smarcus3 Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 16:47)-Dis Wrote: Removing file /var/lib/vdr/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/settings.xml

Change in Login this:
Code:
match = re.compile('"LOCALE":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
to this:
Code:
match = re.compile('"locale":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)

There are two lines of that. Change both of them.

corona can you edit this to your version or else it doesn't save language to settings.xml
Hello all,

bacause not all users are as experienced in editing code themselves I created a zippackage of the addon with all the changes...

Please download the zip below and install this to XBMC
(settings --> addons --> install from zip)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DA...file%2czip

Be aware, this is a custom version of the addon with the changes required to make it work again, also some mods:

- included the changes of member corona
- items from netflix in regular library will get marked watched on play
- no need for chrome launcher to launch chrome, the addon itself launched chrome (or IE)
- support for xbmcbuntu boxes, no need for additional custom paths

Have fun with it, hopefully addonscriptor will pick up the work again soon and fix the issues.
(2014-11-21, 20:36)marcelveldt Wrote: Hello all,

bacause not all users are as experienced in editing code themselves I created a zippackage of the addon with all the changes...

Be aware, this is a custom version of the addon with the changes required to make it work again, also some mods:

- no need for chrome launcher to launch chrome, the addon itself launched chrome (or IE)

Have fun with it, hopefully addonscriptor will pick up the work again soon and fix the issues.

This fixed all of issues I was having. Thanks!
(2014-11-21, 16:37)corona Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 06:26)fwookster Wrote: I'm on XBMC 13 on Linux Mint 17. It says it supports Chrome 37, I have 39 installed. I try to search for a show and I get a script error. I use both Canadian and USA Netflix. I was under the impression though that pipelight no longer supports Chrome. Pipelight does work with Firefox. I guess my confusion is the OP seems to indicate my configuration should work. Sorry there's a lot of pages to sift through.

Hey fwookster,
Yeah you definitely don't need pipelight or any kind of silverlight extension, it's all html5 video now and chrome, no firefox.

There's plenty of reasons you could be getting script error, basically from an exception in the underlying plugin.
Presuming you're running XBMC as your normal user, run the following command in a console immediately after getting the script error in xbmc:
Code:
tail -n 50 ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

There should be an exception block in the log, starting with a line like:
Quote:01:12:23 T:140662452250368 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

Copy that block of text here and someone might be able to help.

So I do search I get script error. I search for Star Trek.

UPDATE: The problem was the kids profile. After removing it things are working. Thanks. I saw that earlier but did not equate it to my problem.

11:15:38 T:140215750567680 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'country' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 991, in <module>
search(type)
File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 622, in search
listSearchVideos("http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/search/instantsearch?esn=www&term="+search_string+"&locale="+language+"&country="+country+"&authURL="+auth+"&_retry=0&routing=redirect", type)
NameError: global name 'country' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:15:38 T:140217847486400 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=tv&url
11:15:38 T:140217847486400 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=search&thumb&type=tv&url) failed
11:15:38 T:140215750567680 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
Bingo! Thanks everyone.

(2014-11-21, 20:36)marcelveldt Wrote: Hello all,

(2014-11-21, 17:06)-Dis Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 02:19)smarcus3 Wrote:

Change in Login this:
Code:
match = re.compile('"LOCALE":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
to this:
Code:
match = re.compile('"locale":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)

There are two lines of that. Change both of them.

corona can you edit this to your version or else it doesn't save language to settings.xml

Worked! You are my personal hero of the day Love
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7