• 72(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-11-30, 23:03)corona Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 22:32)mrnorm Wrote: Great plugin! Just got a workable solution now on my Ubuntu 14.04 box.

I'm having an issue when going through my SNI proxy for Netflix US shows. I'm seeing the following message:

Code:
20:23:36 T:140140974114560   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1024, in <module>
                                                index()
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 99, in index
                                                if login():
                                              File "/home/oliver/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 638, in login
                                                content = opener.open(urlMain+"/Login").read()
<snip>
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:23:36 T:140142988552128   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
20:23:36 T:140142988552128   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed

Has anyone else got this? Seems to be related to POODLE as it's referring to SSLv3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
It looks like you're using the original plugin? Could you try my updated version, packaged with some extra fixes by marcelveldt: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1848570

My version uses the newer requests package to load urls and will hopefully work.

Thanks corona but I'm afraid that version is returning the same error also. I've read somewhere about specifying a particular version of SSL to use in urllib requests but my knowledge of python is very limited otherwise I'd give it a crack myself Sad
(2014-12-01, 20:19)-Dis Wrote: Thank you. I also did my own version based on original AddonScriptorDE's version.
But i'd like to try another versions too. That's why I keep posting those errors even my own version works just fine.

Maybe we could put the code in a public github and try to fix the issues together? I'm willing to help, no problem
Why not Smile I've been trying now couple days fix that Corona's version, but i don't know why it just doesn't work for me. Does it work for you?
I can post my version where everything works if anyone needs it.
It's basically original NetfliXBMC where everything works.
Here is another version that works.
https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video.netflixbmc

Although I don't use anything but multi profile and my list TV and movies
(2014-12-01, 22:54)-Dis Wrote: Why not Smile I've been trying now couple days fix that Corona's version, but i don't know why it just doesn't work for me. Does it work for you?

Yeah, the corona Version works for me. Is a lot faster then the original version but I see a lot of posts here from users having script errors. Also, I changed the code a bit so it doesn't need chromelauncher anymore and added some stuff to make it work on xbmcbuntu. Maybe combine it all and make something stable that other users can use?
(2014-12-01, 22:57)JasonPell Wrote: Here is another version that works.

There is least one thing what have to fix in this version to get login work when settings.xml doesn't exists.

In "def login" change
Code:
match = re.compile('"LOCALE":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
to
Code:
match = re.compile('"locale":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)

there are two lines of that and both of them have to change or you get script error when you tried to use NetfliXBMC for first time ever.

Thanks for sharing! Also interested in helping to fix/extend the add on? Do you have included the corona fixes or is it based on the original code?
Original code plus a few fixes from the thread for profile selection not sure by whom. I have not applied any recent fixes as it works fine for me.

I also got rid of chrome launcher for Linux at least and added lirc script.

Happy to assist. Just be aware I am a java dev very new to python
(2014-12-01, 23:14)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-12-01, 22:54)-Dis Wrote: Why not Smile I've been trying now couple days fix that Corona's version, but i don't know why it just doesn't work for me. Does it work for you?

Yeah, the corona Version works for me. Is a lot faster then the original version but I see a lot of posts here from users having script errors. Also, I changed the code a bit so it doesn't need chromelauncher anymore and added some stuff to make it work on xbmcbuntu. Maybe combine it all and make something stable that other users can use?

What ubuntu version is xbmcbuntu based? I use yavdr and it uses ubuntu 12.04. Maybe there is some python libraries or something what are missing/different on ubuntu 12.04. That's my guess Smile

I borrowed that part for your code so my version doesn't need chromelauncher Smile

Is corona version really much faster? Because thats why I've been trying to get it work.
(2014-12-01, 23:22)-Dis Wrote:

There is least one thing what have to fix in this version to get login work when settings.xml doesn't exists.

In "def login" change
Code:
match = re.compile('"LOCALE":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
to
Code:
match = re.compile('"locale":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)

there are two lines of that and both of them have to change or you get script error when you tried to use NetfliXBMC for first time ever.

Perhaps if our versions are mostly in sync you could fork my repo and apply anything I am missing. At least then we have working original code.

We could then look at the corona code to use request separately
Hi all,

just wanted to help out, I wasn't able to select a profile
Probably the page changed on netflix' end, change
match = re.compile('"profileName":"(.+?)".+?token":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
into:
match = re.compile('"decodedName":"(.+?)".+?guid":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
and voila Smile

happy viewing
I will give corona version a go on Ubuntu 14.04 later this week
I pushed those locale fixes for newly installed plugin to my github repo
When you first startup the plugin it takes a fair amount of time, and there is no progress dialog. Would be good to add a Working progress message like other areas of xbmc
(2014-12-02, 00:25)JasonPell Wrote: When you first startup the plugin it takes a fair amount of time, and there is no progress dialog. Would be good to add a Working progress message like other areas of xbmc

I do see the progress dialog... It may depend on the skin you're using...
Great idea about the repo and thanks for your work. I'll check it out tomorrow and submit the changes for review. Great!
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7