• 81(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
corona Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 22:24)derelict Wrote: i get this while starting any episode:

<snip>
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 930: ordinal not in range(128)
<snip>
This is the latest Netflixbmc 1.3.7 as of yesterday

This is almost guaranteed to be the utf-8 issue that crept in after me 'fixing' a bad merge I made which wasn't actually bad. I've brought in what should be a real fix and upreved the repo, try updating the plugin again now.

Works like a charm now ! Thanks !
(2014-12-11, 07:05)JasonPell Wrote: Sounds good. While you are there what about saving required cookies to chrome profile so no initial login required ;-)

Believe it or not I've thought about doing this. In the chrome userdata/Default folder there's both a "Current Session" and "Cookies" file which in theory I could replace with my own. I just haven't figured out the format of the files (they're binary).

I've updated the repo addons.xml file so it should be right again.
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/
The version 1.3.8 solved my problem with the show. Thank you!
What is the possibility of obtaining the information also the imdb?

Friends, I am using mac mini, any tips for how to configure the chorme always open in full screen?

I have observed that does not come the covers and fanart in good quality, therefore prefer the imdb for my language pt-br.

Could please try?
There must be existing plugins for movie data including fanart. Would be good to reuse rather than reinvent.
I've just added my latest changes to github, they need some more testing before I push to repo though.

This implements the canned chrome user-data-dir just for netflixbmc plugin, with updates to chrome launcher plugin to support. It's enabled by a setting in advanced setting page, which is currently on by default.
I really think it's fine to keep the chrome launcher plugin separate, I've got it listed as a dependency of netflixbmc so it should get installed automatically. Unless people have chrome installed in a custom location you should never have to configure the plugin separately.
I've got plans to use it elsewhere soon too...

This means my chrome control extension is installed automatically, and there's an option in the plugin settings page to launch the keybinding settings page of the extension directly. You'll still need a keyboard/mouse to change them and cmd-q / alt-f4 to exit chrome from that page, I haven't added keyboard controls to it yet.

I was also able to figure out how to inject cookies straight into chrome before launch, so that should hopefully make a permanent fix to needing to login to netflix separately in chrome.

Feel free to test it, once I've had a chance to test it on my multiple live systems I'll push it to repo.

(2014-12-13, 03:32)corona Wrote: I've just added my latest changes to github, they need some more testing before I push to repo though.

This implements the canned chrome user-data-dir just for netflixbmc plugin, with updates to chrome launcher plugin to support. It's enabled by a setting in advanced setting page, which is currently on by default.
I really think it's fine to keep the chrome launcher plugin separate, I've got it listed as a dependency of netflixbmc so it should get installed automatically. Unless people have chrome installed in a custom location you should never have to configure the plugin separately.
I've got plans to use it elsewhere soon too...

This means my chrome control extension is installed automatically, and there's an option in the plugin settings page to launch the keybinding settings page of the extension directly. You'll still need a keyboard/mouse to change them and cmd-q / alt-f4 to exit chrome from that page, I haven't added keyboard controls to it yet.

I was also able to figure out how to inject cookies straight into chrome before launch, so that should hopefully make a permanent fix to needing to login to netflix separately in chrome.

Feel free to test it, once I've had a chance to test it on my multiple live systems I'll push it to repo.

Will IE continue to be supported as it is now? Will the keyboard controls stay the same?
I have done a new install of XBMC, but now i am able to watch movies but tv shows are not working.

This is the error i get:

Quote:10:31:52 T:139812367484672 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'country' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/lars/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 1003, in <module>
listSeasons(name, url, thumb)
File "/home/lars/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 362, in listSeasons
content = getSeriesInfo(seriesID)
File "/home/lars/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 461, in getSeriesInfo
url = "http://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/odp/episodes?languages="+language+"&forceEpisodes=true&routing=redirect&vi$
NameError: global name 'country' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
10:31:52 T:139813446309824 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Homeland&thumb=%2fhome%2flars%2f.xbmc%2fuserda$
10:31:52 T:139813446309824 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Homeland&thumb=%2fhome%2flars%2f.xbmc%2fuserd$

I am running Ubuntu LTS.
Solved it by installing the addon from the alelec.net repo.
(2014-12-14, 00:57)damonbrodie Wrote: Will IE continue to be supported as it is now? Will the keyboard controls stay the same?

I haven't changed or removed any existing support for IE or any other browser launch mechanisms, only added this internal profile method. I think the IE setting for windows will override my new profile setting (should possibly make it more explicit) but if you have problems wanting to use IE disabling the new chrome control setting is probably wise.

I wont be testing IE at all myself though, I'd prefer to focus on one cross-platform method.

(2014-12-14, 13:55)Larske Wrote: Solved it by installing the addon from the alelec.net repo.

Good to hear! I've added my repo install to my sig to hopefully make it a little easier for new installs / users!

Yep, I had tons of problems that were fixed by your forked version also. Works great.
The reason I use the browser script is so I can start a custom lirc process just for Netflix and disable lirc in xbmc at same time. If we can properly support Linux remote controls would be happy to drop it
(2014-12-15, 05:10)JasonPell Wrote: The reason I use the browser script is so I can start a custom lirc process just for Netflix and disable lirc in xbmc at same time. If we can properly support Linux remote controls would be happy to drop it

Ah... I gladly moved away from lirc a few years ago now, it was always a headache to deal with.
The kernel rc support is so much nicer, all the key remapping I need in a single config file in etc and then the remote just acts like a normal keyboard - much easier. I've picked up a couple of $20 'mce' style remotes&usb receivers on ebay, the advantage of them being the receivers have been multi-protocol so the one receiver has worked well with multiple disparate remotes.

With lirc though, are you using a script similar to this? http://tv-true.org/how-to/youtube-leanba...ythtv.html

Rather than a separate bash script, we could just have an entry in settings to specify a lircrc file to point towards and start/stop lirc around chrome internally. With irexec it's then basically acting like a keyboard anyway.

That would be fine
(2014-11-30, 19:55)builderjer Wrote: I am having troubles getting this addon to work.

First, I use Netflix quite often, and like to have the option for the different users as we have many kids that use it also. This option doesn't show any of the user accounts.

Second, I can't get it to load "My List" either. It just keeps showing a script error. I am somewhat proficient in Python, so if I knew where, or if it logs this error, I may be able to help track it down.

Last, for now, I can browse the TV Shows and Movies, but it won't let me play them. Once again, it displays a script error.

I don't know if these errors are some problem with my settings, or something else, but I would really appreciate any feedback on fixing these issues. Netflix is one of the most used things in this household and I would love to use it in my HTPC.

Win7
XBMC "Gotham"

UPDATE

I installed a patched version that I found on this forum, now I can get the users, and my list, but still won't play the shows

Hey, builderjer
An update was just merged into the main branch that fixes a bunch of issues with the Kids views and profiles, they should now work properly.
https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.video.netflixbmc
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7