• 2(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2013-12-21, 08:54)AuXBoX Wrote: You might be a able to create an init.d script to change the info on bootup.
I can't check my atv1200 its bricked at moment, i'm waiting for the cable to unbrick it, is there a rc.local file in /etc/ ?

I can't see rc.local - but do there is init.d

Thanks.

maybe try

Code:
sudo nano /etc/init.d/S40network

you might be able to add what you need in there

or maybe

Code:
sudo nano /etc/init.d/S45dns

and write

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Change DNS
#
echo "nameserver AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD" > /root/.xbmc/myResolv.conf

esac

exit $?

Edit what you need
Press THANK USER if I Help
@AuXBoX

It's buildroot based system.

I don't believe there's a write premission, the system is ro except the userdata partition.
The user possibly can remount the partition with write permission, the problem is that probably /usr is squashfs file mount from the system partition so I'm not sure if the user can remount the system partition without unmounting the squashfs.

But why going all this trouble ? XBMC should have the (experimental) Network Manager so the user can set the dns manually (maybe not with dhcp but true for static ip).

Anyway I didn't tried this specific image (as I don't have a Geniatech device) but I would say f*** Geniatech, they are GPL violators (where are the Linux sources ?).
Go to Corey's thread on XDA and ask to be a tester for your device, Corey already posted that he plans to add support to these devices and that he needs testers. this is the best choice for getting proper community support with full access to sources so that any developer can fix issues and build update images.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029
(2013-12-21, 23:01)dhead Wrote: Go to Corey's thread on XDA and ask to be a tester for your device, Corey already posted that he plans to add support to these devices and that he needs testers. this is the best choice for getting proper community support with full access to sources so that any developer can fix issues and build update images.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029

I support that Corey's doing... but he didn't get to ATV520 (yet) and Geniatech's came in the meantime. Happy to be a tester.
AuXBoX ' Wrote:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Change DNS
#
echo "nameserver AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD" > /root/.xbmc/myResolv.conf

esac

exit $?

Do I replace the whole thing? This is what I see:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Start the network....
#

case "$1" in
  start)
    echo "Starting network..."

# bump up the default udp/tcp buffersizes
    sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=33554432
    sysctl -w net.core.netdev_max_backlog=2000
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.udp_mem='262144 327680 393216'
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_mem='262144 327680 393216'

# make sure eth0 and wlan0 interfaces are up
    # xbmc will take care of actually configuring them
    # do it this way to keep from triggering
    # a lengthy dhcp probe at boot.
    ifconfig eth0 up
    ifconfig wlan0 up
  ;;
  stop)
    echo -n "Stopping network..."
    ifconfig eth0 down
    ifconfig wlan0 down
        ;;
  restart|reload)
        "$0" stop
        "$0" start
        ;;
  *)
        echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
        exit 1
esac

exit $?
@superfreak79
You create a new file not change that one.
You could try what dhead said with
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu

@dhead
So can we not change or create these files if it's a buildroot based system?

What if you change the original firmware before its flashed?

I'm not very familiar with embedded linux stuff
@AuXBoX

No, wrong Network Manager, the one I'm reffering to is already included in XBMC code, it's accessible through Settings -> System -> Network.
see https://github.com/Pivosgroup/xbmc/commi...d768094bac

I didn't say you can't change files within the system only that I'm not sure as I didn't tried (it's non related to buildroot but to the fact the rootfs already mounted and that the squashfs is mount from the rootfs).

You can change the update.zip before flashed but don't forget to sign it again.
I've got no idea how to do this on Windows, on Linux I only signed the images through Pivos Buildroot here's a quick how-to that I've written in the past

Quote:... If you’ve got linux running on your system you can easily sign the update.zip.
Follow the instruction to set the key as in
https://github.com/j1nx/buildroot-AmLogic
Grab the buildroot tree or at least the fs/recovery_aml folder and run the following command
“java -Xmx1024m -jar fs/recovery_aml/signapk.jar -w fs/recovery_aml/testkey.x509.pem fs/recovery_aml/testkey.pk8 \
update_fixed.img update_fixed_signed.img”
why not change the dns server your router gives out?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-22, 05:59)nickr Wrote: why not change the dns server your router gives out?

Yes, that was suggested. I use DD-WRT and will need to explore dnsmasq further. Currently I set the static DNS at each device - except for the Linux XBMC here.
Updated firmware to latest build just released 02/01/2014
(2014-01-04, 01:46)AuXBoX Wrote: Updated firmware to latest build just released 02/01/2014

thanks
Where is the "upgrade" button on ATV400? I don't think there is one. So can someone let me know how to upgrade the ATV400.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I ordered a ATV120 and it came with with this same version of Linux XBMC and it actually works great (when you're close to the wireless router.)
(2014-01-04, 10:51)Soulassasin187 Wrote: Where is the "upgrade" button on ATV400? I don't think there is one.

Is it on the bottom of the device?
Its the reset button
(2014-01-04, 01:46)AuXBoX Wrote: Updated firmware to latest build just released 02/01/2014
Do we have a change log? Not sure what's different. I still can't manually set DNS from Internet settings.
The zip file on it has a double extension, it's MX_LINUX-STVMX-update.zip.zip

Thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5