• 6(current)
Release Video Explorer 3.0.0.61: Critical Bug Fixes
Thanks for this update. Coverarts now works for the people having their movies in the same directory.

I have a couple more questions for you.

1- Do you plan to support the other artworks besides posters and fanarts? It would be nice to see them appear there too. This way, we would see everything.
3- For the Movie Info tab: It would be nice to be able to be able to add/change the values for the Rating and for the Age restriction (certifications) like PG 13, etc directly there and be able to save the new values in the NFO files, like we do in the Metadata Editor tab.

These are just suggestions. Dude you have a very great program with a nice interface. Keep up the good work! Smile
@LEDFan:

1. Thanks for the compliment Smile

2. I see no reason why I can't support the other artwork. I will actually look at that. Initially I was only concerned with the 2 main ones but I can fit more into that area so it's definitely possible. I will consider it. In my own library I only really have posters and fanart and I don't really bother about the rest, which is why I haven't worried about it up until now, but I will look at it again now that all the heavy stuff is done.

3. It's interesting that you want to change the Rating and the Age Restriction. I'm curious to know why you want to do that. Are the values being downloaded from IMDB etc. not correct or do you just want to rate things your own way ?
To answer your question: It's because I'm running into problems with the rating of my movies on my side. See my un-answered thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190454

However, it would be nice to have an option to do so too. Smile

I use scrapers at first, but afterwards, I'm mainly using NFO files to maintain my movies, TV Shows and music libraries.It's always nice to have options to manipulate NFO files in order to add or change info that we cannot obtain with scrapers or for whatever reason.
v3.0.0.20 Released - 28/03/2014
---------------------------------------------

1. Added support for Extra Artwork on a new Extra Artwork tab right next to the Artwork tab at the bottom.

VE now supports:

Poster
Primary Fanart
ClearArt
Logo
Banner
Landscape (16:9 Thumb in XBMC)

2. Improved the way the various splitters that separate all the artwork images work.

All artwork display areas now have minimum sizes set so that it's not possible to do weird things with the splitters and push certain images right out of the visible area.

3. Fixed a bug where the Splitter control that resizes and collapses the entire Tab Control at the bottom was not getting min and max size set when the app starts up, so you could resize the tab control to a tiny size.

NOTE: 32 bit installs

There is no longer a dedicated 32 bit installer.

The new version of the installer will automatically deploy the correct version of MediaInfo.dll to match the operating system you are installing on.

If you install VideoExplorer on a 32 bit OS, the 32 bit version will be deployed, but on a 64 bit OS the 64 bit version will be deployed.

The dedicated 32 bit installer will NOT update to new versions anymore so please uninstall VideoExplorer if you installed using the dedicated installer and then re-install with the new unified installer.

From that point on the auto updater will kick in again.
v3.0.0.21 Released - 29/03/2014

1. Some minor enhancements to the folder browse controls and the Loading Movies progress bar area.

Controls were not properly aligned, redraw was dirty sometimes, and resizing the app was sometimes resulting in buttons being pushed out of the visible area and being hidden.

All resolved.

2. Fixed a minor bug in the Clear UI code that was happening if you loaded a set of movies and then loaded another set without first explicitly clearing the grid.

The grid was not clearing and resetting 100% correctly and consequently the grids wait spinner would stop working correctly.
Thanks for your update. It works very well.

(2014-03-27, 01:28)LEDFan Wrote: clearlogo.png
discart.png

Are you planning the additions of these as well?

(2014-03-27, 18:22)LEDFan Wrote: For the Movie Info tab: It would be nice to be able to be able to add/change the values for the Rating and for the Age restriction (certifications) like PG 13, etc directly there and be able to save the new values in the NFO files, like we do in the Metadata Editor tab.

What about this? Being able to edit and save all the info under Movie info would be the best I think. (A little bit like under Metadata Editor).
@LEDFan:

1. The problem with the artwork is finding space to show all of it.

I could add yet another tab, but I'm not so sure I want to. I'm wary of cluttering up the UI, and where do I draw the line with the artwork ?

I'll think about it Smile

2. I'm still deciding on the editing of all that metadata. I've intentionally been cautious about what I make editable. If I want to make all of that editable it means all those controls have to change, I have to build validation for all of that, and I have to
update and test a lot of stuff again.

I'm thinking about it.
v3.0.0.22 Released - 29/03/2014

1. Added support for Disc Art images on the Extra Artwork tab.

NOTE:

I am not supporting ClearLogo images at the moment because XBMC doesn't seem to recognise them as one of that standard image types, at least not with the Aeon Nox skin active.

I'm also not sure if ClearLogo and Logo are the same thing in XBMC terms and I'm already supporting Logo.
Thanks for the latest update. Discart now works! Smile There is a small problem though when I navigate with my arrow key with the keyboard, from one movie to another one. I get an error message sometimes (see picture) and there is not much in the log. When this happens, I'm positionned under the Extra Artwork tab, I don't know if this can be related to.

Code:
2014-03-29 10:44:01.9439 - INFO: Video Explorer session started
2014-03-29 10:44:58.3971 - ERROR: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION :: Le paramètre n'est pas valide.

(2014-03-29, 08:20)SiliconKid Wrote: @LEDFan:

1. The problem with the artwork is finding space to show all of it.

I could add yet another tab, but I'm not so sure I want to. I'm wary of cluttering up the UI, and where do I draw the line with the artwork ?

I'll think about it Smile

I am not supporting ClearLogo images at the moment because XBMC doesn't seem to recognise them as one of that standard image types, at least not with the Aeon Nox skin active.

I'm also not sure if ClearLogo and Logo are the same thing in XBMC terms and I'm already supporting Logo.

What I find strange is the fact that when I export my library in separate files, it mostly export all my movies logos with this format movie_name-clearlogo.png. It's xbmc doing that! Why isn't exporting them with this format: movie_name-logo.png, I don't know. Also, Artwork Downloader (used by all versions of Aeon Nox) is using clearlogo since Frodo, as you can see in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1231228 You can also check this post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158890

I only have a small amount of movies using logo, almost all of them use clearlogo. Also, I'm using Aeon Nox 4.1.9.6 for Gotham and clearlogo all show for me. Maybe you are using a different version of Aeon Nox. Also, they exist at the fanart.tv site, like for this movie: http://fanart.tv/movie/62211/monsters-university/ . This is just too bad you can't go ahead with this last picture format, all of them would be covered if it was supported.

(2014-03-29, 08:20)SiliconKid Wrote: 2. I'm still deciding on the editing of all that metadata. I've intentionally been cautious about what I make editable. If I want to make all of that editable it means all those controls have to change, I have to build validation for all of that, and I have to
update and test a lot of stuff again.

I'm thinking about it.
Editing/or saving NFO files shouldn't create too many problems, why do you have to be cautius? It's not like playing with the database... Your program could become very useful with this possibility. You already offer the Metadata Editor tab but only for genres or movie sets. Why did you add this but cannot add any other options? I don't want to create any pressure, I'm just trying to understand.

Anyhow, you have a nice piece of software and I want to thank you for that. Good support too. Keep up the good work. Wink
@LEDFan:

Can you post your whole debug log please ? I need to see what errors are actually being thrown when you are navigating.

It looks like it's hitting some kind of corrupt images or something that it can't load.

I can easily support all the different variations of the logo file names, in fact all of the image handling in VideoExplorer is actually easily configurable in the user settings file, I designed it that way.

Your example showed Both a logo.png and a clearlogo.png file in the same folder, which then looks like it's 2 images for the same thing. If all you want to do is support all the different variations of file names you can just go edit the user settings yourself and modify the settings related to the logo images.

You will find the user settings in a folder like this:

C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS PROFILE NAME>\AppData\Local\Code4Effect\VideoExplorer.EXE_StrongName_uyexytdlre33uw0f2c5ff00rbye12rf1\3.0.0.20

In there you will find a file called: user.config

The 2 settings you need to modify are:

<setting name="ValidLogoFileNames" serializeAs="String">
<value>logo.jpg,logo.png</value>
</setting>
<setting name="ValidLogoSuffixes" serializeAs="String">
<value>-logo.jpg,-logo.png</value>
</setting>

The values are comma delimited lists of strings.

You can just edit those with a text editor.

If you modify it to something like this:

<value>logo.jpg,logo.png,clearlogo.jpg,clearlogo.png</value>

and

<value>-logo.jpg,-logo.png,-clearlogo.jpg,-clearlogo.png</value>

That will make it look for both naming conventions and VE will show you whichever one it finds first.

As far as the ability to edit all those values in the NFO file, I'm still reluctant to do the work to enable that and I have very specific reasons why:

1. For the kinds of information on that tab, the info downloaded from IMDB or TheMovieDB is accurate and correct and that should be the central source of truth for that kind of information.

If people are having issues downloading the correct information then they need to figure out why and resolve that rather than manually editing the NFO files in my opinion.

2. I have allowed editing Genre's and Movie Sets specifically, and ONLY those 2 things, because they are the 2 things that either don't come down from IMDB and TheMovieDB properly, or that
are not set the way people may like them. Genre's and Movie Sets are used by people to group and organise movies and so it's very important to be able to control those 2 particular values they
way you want to.

All the other info is just information, it doesn't serve any special purpose.

3. VideoExplorer is not primarily a metadata editor, it's main function and focus is to interrogate movies for technical information and make it easy to see that information. And also to be able to very quickly remux movies.

I don't want to stray too far from what the applications primary focus is.

I might still enable more metadata editing down the line, but right now it's not a priority for me.
That`s all I have in my log file! Nothing else. I can only tell you that my pictures are not corrupted. It does work when restarting the program and going on that specific movie. This happen randomly on any movie...

1- For clearlogo: Your solution is good and better than nothing. This will not give me both images (as you said, it will only display one of them, the one it finds first) but I will try that.

2- For the NFO: Sometimes, info at IMDB is not in my language. Editing NFO gives me the possibility to change that myself. Also, I have problems with MPAA rating as many of my movies have not any rating. I wish I could have a esay way to edit them. These are just a few samples for the reason I would have liked such options. But I understand the purpose of your software, which is in fact not a metadata editor. I was just bringing up some ideas or suggestions. At the same time this would have helped me in my goal but it`s OK. I can live with it.
@LEDFan: Can you give me a copy of that Disc Art image for Peter Pan that caused that error in your screenshot ?

I'd like to test and debug the app against the images that you are working with that are causing the errors.

Does it error on the same movies every time ? Or is it random ?
I'm looking at that error that you are getting and the method that is throwing the exception seems to be related to image types that have multiple frames, like a GIF ?

I find that very interesting because I would expect all of the artwork we are working with to be single frame still images, not animated multi-framed images.

What format are those disc art images exactly ?

I really need to get a look at them because .NET seems to think they are animated multi-framed images, base on the below:

System.ArgumentException: Le paramètre n'est pas valide.
at System.Drawing.Image.get_FrameDimensionsList()
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.CanAnimate(Image image)
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.ImageInfo..ctor(Image image)
at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.Animate(Image image, EventHandler onFrameChangedHandler)
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Animate(Boolean animate)
No, images I use are jpg and png only. Gif would not work in xbmc anyway, so why would I use them? Peter pan discart has nothing to do with the error I think because, as I said in my previous post, it happens randomly on any movie. As a proof, here is the Peter Pan movie when it works. I have also included the discart file.

Working Peter Pan movie:

Discart:

Finally, I tried your method for the clearlogo and it works well. Like I said, it`s a compromise but better than nothing. However, it would be nice if you could include this modification in the config file, so, I wouldn't have to do it each time you release a new version. For the nfo files, well I already have answered you too.
@LEDFan:

1. You should not lose your config settings when I release new versions. Your setting will get carried over for you, so don't worry about that. But I am updating the master config for fresh installations anyway.

2. You are correct. There is nothing wrong with your artwork. I have actually just managed to reproduced the problem by navigating up and down the grid very fast with the keyboard, while I had the Artwork tab active, not even the
Extra Artwork tab.

My theory is that the problem is related to the speed of moving from one movie to the next. I think that because I'm loading the images on a different thread, async, there is thread collision happening if you navigate through the
movies too quickly.

I need to re-engineer that image loading code and it make it more robust. I will look at that today and fix it.

Thanks for your help with finding the problems and your constant feedback, it really helps me with tracking these bugs down so I can fix them.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Explorer 3.0.0.61: Critical Bug Fixes1