• 8(current)
Release Video Explorer 3.0.0.61: Critical Bug Fixes
System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+ Huh.

I am aware that some of my users are running into this type of exception error when trying to load movies.

The error reported by windows is extremely vague and currently my theory is that the problem is related to the creation of the poster thumbnails and some kind of race condition between Tasks running on multiple threads.

My problem is that I have been unable to duplicate the issue on my development environment at all which is making it even more difficult for me track this down.

If you have experienced this error in VideoExplorer (or even if you know somebody who knows somebody who has !) then PLEASE post here with as much information as possible.

I'm trying to understand what causes this and I need more information, so please help if you can.
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

I think I know what is sometimes causing the above error when loading movies and I should release a patch in the next 24 hours to hopefully resolve it.
v3.0.0.32 Released - 23/04/2014
-----------------------------------------------

1. Introduced new status bar at the bottom.

Application version is now on the status bar on the right and the currently active filter is shown in the status on the left.

The active filter will also indicate if the "Show Only Duplicates" filter is currently active.

2. Fixed a bug in the Video Load logic that could potentially cause an Enumeration exception error because the control loop for the load was using a LINQ statement based on where clause that
was evaluating on conditions that could change within the loop.

3. Fixed an edge case bug in the Remux form where it was possible to attempt to cancel a mux after it had already completed, causing an exception to be thrown.
v3.0.0.33 Released - 24/04/2014
----------------------------------------------

1. Small internal enhancements.
v3.0.0.34 Released - 26/04/2014

1. Added additional exception handling to help debug the NullReferenceException that occurs sometimes when navigating with the CoverFlow control.
Hi There

First of all great program, its comming on nicely Smile

A little bug crept in for me with the release of version v3.0.0.33, when i go to remux directly from the grid on a single movie located on my nas, it remuxes the file fine and gives me the information that its replaced the original file but the program seems to just stop at 98% on the progress bar and i cant close the window down, i have to task manager quit, other than that everything seems to work great!

Thanks Smile
@Pillze:

Thanks for the feedback.

I will look at that bug within the next 24 hours and release a patch.

I suspect that it's related to some cleanup and optimisation I did about 3 or 4 releases back, but the bug is specific to when you opt to replace the original file.

I've duplicated the bug already.
v3.0.0.35 Released - 27/04/2014

1. Fix Remux bug reported by Pillze in XBMC forum.

If you ticked "Delete original file on success" when you did a remux the app would deadlock on completion because the code that disposes of the
MKVMerge process was in the wrong place and attempting to dispose of the process while it was still busy completing.

This should now be resolved and the Remux form should now close correctly and normally under all conditions.

This fix applies to the Remux form and the Remove Header Stripping form.

2. Some small fixes and enhancements to the Remove Header Stripping form.

Better feedback in the progress window, controls disable properly during remux now, and warning about original files being replaced only appears if appropriate tick box is ticked now.
Hi

New version works great again!

Thanks for the quick fix Smile
v3.0.0.36 Released - 28/04/2014
-----------------------------------------------

1. Video load patch and hopefully fix

Added Locks to image saving code in an attempt to stop "A generic error occurred in GDI+." errors that are still happening occasionally when videos are loaded and poster thumbnails are generated.

I am still unable to reproduce the error on demand on the development system but I suspect that its related to thread contention when saving images to disk and that this patch will eliminate that problem going forward.

"A generic error occurred in GDI+."

If you have experienced a ""A generic error occurred in GDI+." error please post here and give me as much information as possible to help me understand what causes this.

If you don't want to post info publicly them please PM me with info.

I need input from users on this to pin down what's actually causing this problem.
POLL: Subtitle enhancements

I'm contemplating doing some enhancements to the subtitle support in VE such that it will also find SRT and IDX/SUB external subtitle files if they are in the same folder as the movie, and will show any external subtitles discovered, on another grid below the current grid that shows all the embedded subtitle streams that were discovered.

Any interest ?

Opinions ?
v3.0.0.37 Released - 29/04/2014

1. PayPal donation links added to UI

Added menu option to Help menu and big Donate button to About form.

Donations

As of version 3.0.0.37 there are links to a PayPal donation page on the menu and About form in VideoExplorer

Up until now I've been releasing VideoExplorer for free and a lot of hard work and long hours at the keyboard have gone into 2 rewrites and countless enhancements to get it as stable and effective as it is now.

VideoExplorer will continue to be freely distributed for now, that will not change in the immediate future, but I would really appreciate any contributions.

I have not set a specific donation amount. I leave it to my users to decide how much it's worth to them and therefore how much to donate.

Thanks in advance for any and all contributions.

Allan
Can you add a trailer filter? A filter, that hides all files with -trailer at the end.
I can do that.

I'll look at it.
Oh and natural sorting for filesize? At the moment it's like 1000MB, 1004MB, 1.07GB, 13,4GB, 6.63GB, 650 MB, 8.30GB, 830MB
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Explorer 3.0.0.61: Critical Bug Fixes1