• 8(current)
Video of my ambient lighting setup
Not sure if I missed it, but what script are you running on your Arduino? I've managed to get my WS2812B's working on the reel, but curious what you ran.
(2014-03-06, 05:51)LazerBlue Wrote: Not sure if I missed it, but what script are you running on your Arduino? I've managed to get my WS2812B's working on the reel, but curious what you ran.

I have WS2801's. I've seen YouTube videos of setups using WS2812's but have never seen any posts with details about what mods they've done to the adalight script to deal with clock differences between the 2801s and 2812s. And believe me, I've looked. If you ever figure it out, please post back and let us know how you did it.
I'm using a modified Atmoduino script I found that includes the FastLED library instead of the FastSPI_LED library that all ambilight scripts seemed to have been written with. Only problem I'm encountering is an occasional flicker of two LED's. I haven't had time yet to see if the adalight script can be adapted for the fastLED library.
(2014-03-06, 06:46)LazerBlue Wrote: I'm using a modified Atmoduino script I found that includes the FastLED library instead of the FastSPI_LED library that all ambilight scripts seemed to have been written with. Only problem I'm encountering is an occasional flicker of two LED's. I haven't had time yet to see if the adalight script can be adapted for the fastLED library.

May I ask what software on the PC side have you found is compatible with the Atmoduino script?
(2014-03-06, 18:24)KenV99 Wrote: May I ask what software on the PC side have you found is compatible with the Atmoduino script?

I used AmbiBox
For those using boblight, I draw your attention to this post and the software referred to, for making a boblight.conf

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1649057
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
finally got all my parts,
did a fast test with the arduino software to see if it works (color swirl etc)
everything seems to work.
hopefully i'm able to start the setup/install next week
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Update on my setup. I believe the led flicker I'm getting is in the code in using since a bunch of other scripts I've tried for different things seem to not reproduce the issues. I was in the middle of adapting the adalight script to work with the fastLED library when I encountered a major issue with my pc. Seems the stock AMD cooler can't keep up with my A10-5700K and temps were shooting above 90°c. I had to underclock to almost the point of unusability until my new cooler comes in to keep it running coolish. I'm so close though.
(2014-03-12, 23:34)TRaSH Wrote: finally got all my parts,
did a fast test with the arduino software to see if it works (color swirl etc)
everything seems to work.
hopefully i'm able to start the setup/install next week

Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly.

(2014-03-12, 23:51)LazerBlue Wrote: Update on my setup. I believe the led flicker I'm getting is in the code in using since a bunch of other scripts I've tried for different things seem to not reproduce the issues. I was in the middle of adapting the adalight script to work with the fastLED library when I encountered a major issue with my pc. Seems the stock AMD cooler can't keep up with my A10-5700K and temps were shooting above 90°c. I had to underclock to almost the point of unusability until my new cooler comes in to keep it running coolish. I'm so close though.

Ahhh. That sucks. At some point when you have it all settled, please post a link to the code that you are using on the Arduino. I would really like to try out the WS2812b's but I am also limited in that Ambibox doesn't allow for >255 LED's. But I might be able to set up some profiles that make it think that I am running a secondary display to overcome that.

On a side note, I'm flying into Tampa next week for some meetings in Sarasota. Any suggestions for a great place to eat lunch in Tampa with a friend I'm meeting? Perhaps PM me if you do, so the natives don't get restless by going off topic.
well installed everything setup default profile to use,
when installing AmbiBox it also installed the xbmc plugin.
when starting xbmc it shows that ambibox works,
(replaced the installed version with the version provided earlier (latest version from github))
i choose in AmbiBox XBMC Direct to capture in xbmc (xbmc running in not true full screen)

it does flicker bot the colors are completly off.
need to see which settings i need to seup more in AmbiBox and in the settings of the AmbiBox plugin
(2014-03-19, 22:21)TRaSH Wrote: well installed everything setup default profile to use,
when installing AmbiBox it also installed the xbmc plugin.
when starting xbmc it shows that ambibox works,
(replaced the installed version with the version provided earlier (latest version from github))
i choose in AmbiBox XBMC Direct to capture in xbmc (xbmc running in not true full screen)

it does flicker bot the colors are completly off.
need to see which settings i need to seup more in AmbiBox and in the settings of the AmbiBox plugin

If your processor/video card can handle it, try one of the other capture modes and see if you have better luck. I personally always had issues with the Direct XBMC capture mode. I did also have to change the color settings modestly but my colors were never 'completely off'. Just a little on the blue side. Once you have it correctly setup for 16:9 video, it's fairly easy to create other profiles for 4:3 and 2.35:1 and any other common aspect ratios that you encounter.
well did some more testing like with avatar,
but it seems that i get green flashes in the blue scenes.
i'll try 1 of the other screen captures to see if they handle better.
Did you calibrate your LED's? I forget which example I ran but there is an example in the FastLED library that lets you know what order your led is wired. Instead of RGB mine was GRB. If I remember right there is a setting in ambibox to change the order if that's the issue.
nope didn't do that,
could give it a try.
will look if i can find the example you're talking about.
did see the setting in AmbiBox.

perhaps i messed up my ledstrip,
the corners i orderd where for 10mm led strip,
and my led strip is like 12 mm so i had to cut them on the sides a bit to make them sort of fit.
should have gone for the approache that ken used and don't cut the strip at all.
These WS2801 led strip is 10mm width in non-waterproof situation, but if waterproof with silicon tube, the width will be 12MM. However if your strip's PCB is 12mm,and cut to 10mm,the electric circuit in the PCB maybe destroyed, then the strip won't work properly.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of my ambient lighting setup0