Automatic change of framerate
Hi there.

Sorry if the subject has been discussed, but I wasn’t able to find anything about it.

After the release of the VidOn.me V200 streaming box, now with support of 24p. I’m wondering if it is possible to change the frame rate automatic, based on the video file being played.
As I understand, it can only be changed manually in the advanced settings in Android menu, and not by e.g. XBMC.

Is it possible or is there some kind of restriction in Android which blocks it?

Hope you understand the question.

Best Regards
Thomas

Denmark
Xbmc has had this functionality for years. Its called "adjust refresh rate to match video".
If this is available in unofficial builds like the vidonme is beyond my knowledge.
The problem is Android I believe as it doesn't support refresh rate changes via it's API's.

Android is slowly making progress in this direction, see Resolution switching through adaptive playback at http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html but since nothing is mentioned about refresh rates it seems this is still fixed so it purely switches resolution only, but maybe for the next Android version the adaptive playback will be extended to include refresh rate changes.
^- what he said.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi and thanks for your answers.

This is just a thought, though I don’t know how it really works.

If it is possible to change the resolution, might i be possible for the client to choose between the predefined resolutions in the android settings, so the client can choose between 1080/50p and 1080/24p to match the video file being played.

Best Regards
Thomas.

By the way. Thanks for the good work. Smile
That's what the other guy (jjd-uk) said...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic change of framerate0