• 12(current)
Release TWiT
Quick and dirty fix:

Edit file
addons\plugin.video.twit\default.py

and at 101. row insert this line (4 spaces at begining)
Code:
if len(duration_string) == 5: duration_string = '00:' + duration_string

just before:
Code:
d = duration_string.split(':')

modified function will look like this:
Code:
def duration_to_seconds(duration_string):
    seconds = (((int(d[0]) * 60) + int(d[1])) * 60) + int(d[2])
    return seconds

Edit:

Option 2:

Manually install modified addon from this message:

2445982 (post)
Getting errors on several show titles including Know How...

Will try above workaround.

Edit: it worked! Bit of a pain having to edit config files on the likes of the FireTV. Hopefully developer can have a look and make a permanent fix.
OK, I am getting error when trying to play Twit Know How shows (others seem fine.) Using a raspberry pi 2. I know I can do it, but point me in the direction of editing the file. I presume putty into the pi and use nano, or some other text editor. I know a little about getting into the terminal. Just give me a little guidance, please, on where to start and how to get there. Thanks.

Edit: I am using OSMC as the operating system.
I would like to help you but I don't have OSMC - no idea what's default location for Kodi addon files.

On some x86 Linux, you can locate twit.tv addon folder with this command:

Code:
cd ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twit

Try to ssh (over Putty) to OSMC machine and locate that folder. Then edit default.py file with:

Code:
nano default.py

Change it (according to my previous message) and exit (Ctrl-X), then press Y to save it. Thats all.

OR

if you can manually install any video addon, without repository, download original twit.tv zip file from:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/plu...-2.1.5.zip

and edit file default.py inside that archive, then install modified zip manually. Something like that. Good luck.
letac, thanks for the input. I just putty'ed into the pi. Followed your instructions. It seems to have cleared up the issue with Know How.

Slowly, but surely, I am learning stuff.
where is line 101?
just paste full default.py text please
(2016-10-28, 18:55)bigspud Wrote: where is line 101?

Can't do so, right now, as I am not near the pi. Just look for the code, as letac posted. It should look like this:

def duration_to_seconds(duration_string):
seconds = (((int(d[0]) * 60) + int(d[1])) * 60) + int(d[2])
return seconds

Put a new line after the firs line of the code, with:
Those four spaces are necessary, apparently. And then you are good to go. The code should look like letac states, above. Cheers.
tried., kodi just locks up
Sorry to hear that. I am not a guru, by any means, so I may be of no help. Question: Can you go back into the file, remove the text you put in, and reboot the pi/kodi? See if it "fixes" it. I am sure you did, but remember the four spaces before the new line of code. Report back. Maybe somebody else can help.
(2016-10-28, 18:55)bigspud Wrote: where is line 101?

Sorry, I forgot that normal people does not have text editor with line numbers Smile

Download this zip file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e6n1dw6tkb...2.1.5b.zip

and install it in Kodi, manually. Go to Settings/Add-ons/Install from zip file

and browse for downloaded zip file
thanks,it works,
which text editor has a line counter?
(2016-10-29, 05:55)bigspud Wrote: thanks,it works,

Actually, its quite common for text editors to have line numbers. Only one that does'n have it, that I can think of it right now, is Microsoft Notepad.

For Windows I am using Notepad++:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Of course its complete overkill to install it just to correct one line in kodi files. Try it only if you are interested in computer thinkering and programming, its free.
(2016-10-29, 14:08)letac Wrote:
(2016-10-29, 05:55)bigspud Wrote: thanks,it works,

Of course its complete overkill to install it just to correct one line in kodi files. Try it only if you are interested in computer thinkering and programming, its free.

great app ,portable, zoom and dark theme, will be much easier to edit those kodi skin xml files.
Is there any way to install this patch or the zip on a Ipad or IPhone ?
(2016-11-02, 04:01)Ojib Wrote: Is there any way to install this patch or the zip on a Ipad or IPhone ?

Try with zip file from here
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TWiT0