Linux 8.04 with XBMC 8.10 Atlantis
I cant seem to get the iMDB or themoviedatabase Movie Scrapers working, also the Weather doesn't work. is there a way to fix this without upgrading to a newer XBMC?
Time to upgrade! Atlantis is over 4 years old, I really don't like your chances of getting either to work - probably easier to upgrade, even if you have to compile.
Upgrading is NOT an Option! The TV Scraper is working so how hard could it be to patch up a Movie scraper to work
Let me guess, you're running Windows XP on your desktop too and are furious that Microsoft will discontinue support for it soon? Not even your Ubuntu version is supported anymore.
(2014-01-15, 06:11)Kogije Wrote: Upgrading is NOT an Option! The TV Scraper is working so how hard could it be to patch up a Movie scraper to work

Hard enough that you need to ask about it? Have you tried copying over the 'universal movie scraper' from new versions into your old version of xbmc? Or looked at the differences between the two. As for weather info, it was taken out of xbmc-core and made into a add on a while ago.
Actually, I am furious that Microsoft will discontinue support for XP soon, but that's because I'm being forced to downgrade my Laptop from Windows 8.1 to XP in order to run an Online Game that no longer works in Windows 7 or 8 on my laptop due to a GameGuard issue with the ATI Graphics Card Drivers for Windows 7 & 8... but that's beside the point.

The reason I'm running 8.04 on the desktop system in question is that the hardware I have to work with needs a video driver that does not work on newer versions of Ubuntu. Its old hardware so it needs an old linux... 2.1 Ghz 32 bit CPU, 2 Gigs RAM and 512MB 8x AGP... The Linux is raided out across Four 200Gig 133ATA IDE Drives and it has DVD and CD Burners (it doesn't have SATA but at least it has 4 IDE ports for up to 8 drives.)

The reason upgrading is not an option is because I'm putting this together for an old lady that is use to XBMC4Xbox, in the end it needs to look and act the same as it does on her xbox.

As far as the Movie Scrapers go I've had some minor success in fixing it after I found that the TMDB scraper was broken due to deprecating their old xml API.
I will continue working on it, hopefully I will be able to make it retrieve more than the tagline (currently that's all I'm getting but at least its connecting up)
Out of interest, what is the video card?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wow, not everyday you see someone with a valid case for not upgrading age-old software. Perhaps there's some skin that looks more like the older versions of XBMC that you could use together with a newer release?
Maybe it's time to upgrade the hatdware too? Not that I am in favour of filling landfills with functional hardware, but all things must pass, maybe even this old lady's love affair with her xbox Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
GeForce 6800 GS 256bit GDDR3...

Also, the system has a Digital Optical Audio Out.

And I've tracked down the scraper problem to here http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/52643b8419c2953b990979f2 so I'm in the process of moding the tmdb scraper but I'm just now learning how so it'll take a while
If she wants to buy new hardware then no problem, I'll upgrade her Linux to something more decent, but, I have the latest version of XBMC running on my Laptop and there is no skin that even remotely looks like the XBMC from Xbox (Atlantis is a perfect match) and she doesn't like Library Mode and doesn't want to even try learning something new.

That puts me right back with 8.10 Atlantis.
I have the Xtv skin running on my old xbox,wouldn't that do the job on a light weight linux box?

Well I've just installed it on my HTPC and then fired up the xbox
(Duo x2 chip,happy days),and its a match.
XBMC4xbox (which is what this "old lady" has --- still upgrade their builds and so if there is some scraper issue or weather, ask them to fix it, simple. Also gets your story straight! In one breath you moan about scraper issues and then say the "old lady" doesn't like library mode... O.o
I'm trying to upgrade her from Xbox to PC using her 32 bit Server

The XBMC4Xbox 3.3.3 is working and I've been trying to get the scraper from it working on Atlantis 8.10 on Linux 8.04

She likes the Thumbnails and Info from the Scraper but not Library Mode, Library Mode makes you look everything up using Actor or Date etc... and She likes to Browse through her files using the List Option and choose her own Source (the Thumbs are still shown on the side and she can get everything else by hitting the info button on her remote.)

The point is Library Mode is not Scraper Inclusive.
So, use local nfos and art

Done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
8.04 with XBMC 8.10 Atlantis0