• 49(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
At this point both will work fine.
BigNoid, any plans for a 'Most Played Roms' widget like in AN4?
Not unless it can be populated with the new directory provider listings. I dont want all kinds of scripts running on startup or each time the home window is loaded.
Thanks for the info.
BigNoid, any plans for other widget layouts? I can't wait for a more 'panel' like view for new episodes for instance... I really like the way Arctic does is: a horizontal row of tv-posters with episode info when moving over them... Smile
(2014-03-10, 21:57)Unfledged Wrote: Before you try a clean install, make sure script.module.unidecode is installed. XBMC will install it automatically when skin shortcuts is installed via "Install from zip file". If you manually extract it to your add-ons directory, you need to also manually install this.

looking at the error log I'm almost positive this is my problem.
I will give it a go.
thanks!

Edit - that did the trick - Thanks!
(2014-03-10, 22:34)mikkelnl Wrote: BigNoid, any plans for other widget layouts? I can't wait for a more 'panel' like view for new episodes for instance... I really like the way Arctic does is: a horizontal row of tv-posters with episode info when moving over them... Smile

Atm no, not in the works. The current widgets best fit the style of a fanart orientated home screen imo.
(2014-03-10, 21:02)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 11:16)mikkelnl Wrote: Thanks! Do you keep a changelog somewhere? Just curious Smile

Not yet. One of the blessings of working with previews Tongue

I don't know if i agree if this skin is still in preview. This works sooo good that i never realize this is still preview version.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Big fan of this, it's the only skin I've ever found which appears to be completely superior to the stock skin in both looks and functionality.

Looking forward to using it for 13.
(2014-03-10, 23:12)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 22:34)mikkelnl Wrote: BigNoid, any plans for other widget layouts? I can't wait for a more 'panel' like view for new episodes for instance... I really like the way Arctic does is: a horizontal row of tv-posters with episode info when moving over them... Smile

Atm no, not in the works. The current widgets best fit the style of a fanart orientated home screen imo.

I understand your point of view completely... Bit disappointed though 'cause I really like such a view Wink But hey, it's your skin, and it runs great!
My last wishes for the skin :

- Now playing items on Home menu, with 5 or next 10 next songs (I know it's in the work).
- Infowall view (for artist as far I'm concerned), also in the work I think.
- I hope a for a 'low list' or maybe a 'medium list (7 movies maybe) view. Icing on the cake, would be the ability to see movie's information with a right click (poster to info), and extra fanart as background.
- Logo support everywhere (music/movies/tvshows).

With that I'll freeze my set up and wont change it for a long time Nod

Aeon Nox 4 is way too heavy for the Ouya. Every action is slow there.
Aon skin 5 is much faster, an easier setup and better looking imo.

I might just freeze it if too much things are added and makes the skin slower.
I, for one (no offense, too each his own), don't want DVD cases, episodes views, Big fanart views, Roms widgets.
For that, Aeon nox 4.1.9 is still out there and mods will comes.
Maybe you should share Aeon nox 5's theme to Aeon Nox 4. It's hard going back to 4 after seeing 5 Wink

I just made a donation to xbmc.org. Your work is appreciated. Thanks.
EDIT3: My fix was to edit gui.py in the skin shortcuts script on line 539 and change "PlayMedia" to "RunPlugin"
I'm guessing this is a terrible way to go about it, but it does allow me to see the favorites in the sub menus now and it executes them correctly.

EDIT2: I figured out what the issue was.
Using advanced launcher, if you set a launcher as a favorite you can launch it from a menu setting.
however, you get a "opening stream" dialog box. if you open the favorites.xml file and change "play media" to "run plugin" it fixes that issue.
when you do this however, aeon nox skin will no longer see it as valid favorite in the skin menu editor. it shows "0" favorites. if you change it back to "play media" in the xml file. it works.
is that something that can be fixed?
Here is what the log looks like
Quote:12:32:03 T:3704 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:32:03 T:3704 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:32:04 T:1504 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.skinshortcuts/?type=launch&path=RunPlugin%28%26quot%3Bplugin%3A//plugin.program.advanced.launcher/%3Fcb46cfe13df8ad3bb9949ea6b2b61cb8/8fe932c5854cdb0e52cf79fcb863b514%26quot%3B%29&group=X101
12:32:04 T:4680 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
Quick question - I'm having a problem creating a menu item (or sub menu item) from "favorites" . When I go to the "favorites" main menu item that already exists and click on it, i can see a list of favorites and if i click on them, they run as they should. But when i go back into the skin editing menu and try to add one of them as a main menu item, it pauses for a second and then goes back a screen. or if i go into the sub menu editor and i scroll to the favorites to choose from, it shows "0" favorites.
What am i missing?

Thanks!
(2014-03-11, 16:22)tahyti Wrote: My last wishes for the skin :

- Now playing items on Home menu, with 5 or next 10 next songs (I know it's in the work).
- Infowall view (for artist as far I'm concerned), also in the work I think.
- I hope a for a 'low list' or maybe a 'medium list (7 movies maybe) view. Icing on the cake, would be the ability to see movie's information with a right click (poster to info), and extra fanart as background.
- Logo support everywhere (music/movies/tvshows).

With that I'll freeze my set up and wont change it for a long time Nod

Aeon Nox 4 is way too heavy for the Ouya. Every action is slow there.
Aon skin 5 is much faster, an easier setup and better looking imo.

I might just freeze it if too much things are added and makes the skin slower.
I, for one (no offense, too each his own), don't want DVD cases, episodes views, Big fanart views, Roms widgets.
For that, Aeon nox 4.1.9 is still out there and mods will comes.
Maybe you should share Aeon nox 5's theme to Aeon Nox 4. It's hard going back to 4 after seeing 5 Wink

I just made a donation to xbmc.org. Your work is appreciated. Thanks.
Thx for the donation to XBMC.org.
InfoWall is on my list of todo, but I have some ideas about it that I further need to work out.
Logos will probably not make it, since I dont want to have the logo more than once on the screen (on the poster). So if they do make it, it will be in views that dont have a poster.
LowList will not make it. I only want views in Nox 5 that have a panel that sits on a floor.

(2014-03-11, 16:22)tahyti Wrote: It's hard going back to 4 after seeing 5 Wink

That was one of my goals when making it Smile

(2014-03-11, 16:22)tahyti Wrote: Maybe you should share Aeon nox 5's theme to Aeon Nox 4.
I asked Warlion to not include textures from Nox 5 into his 4.1.9 mod as I would like a distinct difference between the two versions.
(2014-03-11, 01:49)hunkyn Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 21:02)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 11:16)mikkelnl Wrote: Thanks! Do you keep a changelog somewhere? Just curious Smile

Not yet. One of the blessings of working with previews Tongue

I don't know if i agree if this skin is still in preview. This works sooo good that i never realize this is still preview version.
I dubbed it a preview because I wanted the liberty to change things overnight. If its working good, thats great to hear. Next release will be a beta and at that point it should be stable and no more things will be added or removed.
(2014-03-11, 16:41)xvader Wrote: EDIT3: My fix was to edit gui.py in the skin shortcuts script on line 539 and change "PlayMedia" to "RunPlugin"
I'm guessing this is a terrible way to go about it, but it does allow me to see the favorites in the sub menus now and it executes them correctly.

EDIT2: I figured out what the issue was.
Using advanced launcher, if you set a launcher as a favorite you can launch it from a menu setting.
however, you get a "opening stream" dialog box. if you open the favorites.xml file and change "play media" to "run plugin" it fixes that issue.
when you do this however, aeon nox skin will no longer see it as valid favorite in the skin menu editor. it shows "0" favorites. if you change it back to "play media" in the xml file. it works.
is that something that can be fixed?
Here is what the log looks like
Quote:12:32:03 T:3704 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:32:03 T:3704 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:32:04 T:1504 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.skinshortcuts/?type=launch&path=RunPlugin%28%26quot%3Bplugin%3A//plugin.program.advanced.launcher/%3Fcb46cfe13df8ad3bb9949ea6b2b61cb8/8fe932c5854cdb0e52cf79fcb863b514%26quot%3B%29&group=X101
12:32:04 T:4680 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
Quick question - I'm having a problem creating a menu item (or sub menu item) from "favorites" . When I go to the "favorites" main menu item that already exists and click on it, i can see a list of favorites and if i click on them, they run as they should. But when i go back into the skin editing menu and try to add one of them as a main menu item, it pauses for a second and then goes back a screen. or if i go into the sub menu editor and i scroll to the favorites to choose from, it shows "0" favorites.
What am i missing?

Thanks!

When Advanced Launcher has a proper Gotham release, I'll be able to support in properly in script.skinshortcuts.

In the meantime, try changing the favourites.xml to RunScript rather than RunPlugin - XBMC is quite specific about what it will return via JSON for favourites, and it *may* not return items with RunPlugin, whereas I know it returns items with RunScript. Your change to the code will mean you won't be able to play any favourite'd media from a submenu. As an alternative, leave the line as it was, but place the following (completely untested) above it:

Code:
elif item['type'] == "media" and item['path'].contains("plugin.program.advanced.launcher"):
    action = 'RunPlugin("' + item['path'] + '")'
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537