• 50(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-03-11, 20:57)Unfledged Wrote: When Advanced Launcher has a proper Gotham release, I'll be able to support in properly in script.skinshortcuts.

In the meantime, try changing the favourites.xml to RunScript rather than RunPlugin - XBMC is quite specific about what it will return via JSON for favourites, and it *may* not return items with RunPlugin, whereas I know it returns items with RunScript. Your change to the code will mean you won't be able to play any favourite'd media from a submenu. As an alternative, leave the line as it was, but place the following (completely untested) above it:

Code:
elif item['type'] == "media" and item['path'].contains("plugin.program.advanced.launcher"):
    action = 'RunPlugin("' + item['path'] + '")'

Thank you for the help (both times) I'm an XBMC n00b. so I'm still learning my way around.
I actually checked out the GIT for the shortcut plugin and grabbed the latest release. It looks like they rewrote that whole section.
and it works correctly now with no changes on my part.
Thanks again for your time!

Oh i just read YOU - support the skin shortcuts script. so i guess you know you re-wrote it Smile
in any event 2.3 seems to be working correctly now for me
Indeed I did rewrite that sectionWink Glad it's working for you.
Will the final version have a movies/playist view akin to a "Wall" view? I have a large collection of local media, with movies approaching 1500 titles, and the icons view simply doesnt show enough at once..

Or is that an easy enough mod to get it show smaller/more posters?

My thanks for adding clearart to the info OSD, that was the one screen I was hoping would get some kind of overhaul from the old version.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything.

In Preview 9, I would like to add additional items to the main menu but in the settings for the menu layout it says the only options are "5 items, 3 items or Icons". Is there another way to add items to the main menu? Also, will the final version of the skin have this limitation or is it just for the preview?

Thanks,
(2014-03-12, 02:18)DennisNY Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything.

In Preview 9, I would like to add additional items to the main menu but in the settings for the menu layout it says the only options are "5 items, 3 items or Icons". Is there another way to add items to the main menu? Also, will the final version of the skin have this limitation or is it just for the preview?

Thanks,

The setting you refer to relates to how many menu items will be displayed at any one time, not the total amount of main menu items that are available. IIRC, which I probably don't, the total amount available (including default items, each of which's action can be customised, and six totally customisable menus) gives a maximum total of 15 fully customisable, main menu items.
(2014-03-12, 03:42)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 02:18)DennisNY Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

The setting you refer to relates to how many menu items will be displayed at any one time, not the total amount of main menu items that are available. IIRC, which I probably don't, the total amount available (including default items, each of which's action can be customised, and six totally customisable menus) gives a maximum total of 15 fully customisable, main menu items.

Thanks. Well, the issue I'm having is that I'm trying to add custom items to the main menu. I'm doing this via the Main Menu setup and the Custom 1 - 6 items are there, however, the "Enable" button is grayed out and I can't add the item. How do I add a custom item to the main menu?
(2014-03-12, 04:43)DennisNY Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 03:42)Unfledged Wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks. Well, the issue I'm having is that I'm trying to add custom items to the main menu. I'm doing this via the Main Menu setup and the Custom 1 - 6 items are there, however, the "Enable" button is grayed out and I can't add the item. How do I add a custom item to the main menu?

Again, I'm going to have to go by memory here, but first ensure you have "Enable custom submenus" enabled in skin settngs. Then from "Setup the Aeon Nox main menu", select the custom menu you want to edit in the left-hand menu, and choose "Manage submenu" from the right. (In earlier previews, you had to choose a "Default select action" before the submenu editing was available. This no longer seems to be the case, but worth doing if it doesn't work without.)

Edit: the "Enabled" toggle still won't be available until you've selected a "Default Select Action".
The submenus sometimes disappear. Ill have to check if i can reproduce it but it seems random...

Running OE 3.95.1 with preview 9.
Everything else seems perfect on the new version except lack of low list view. Low list with extra information enabled has always been my favorite and only view when browsing movies. Its the only view which manages to show properly the fanart, plot, runtime/director/etc. and cover while still having a proper movie list for easy browsing. I really would like to see low list in the new version also. Thanks for your awesome work.
Thank you for creating this fantastic skin.
+1 on the BIG FAN view return Smile - if not very efficient when navigating in a large list of movies, it always looked the cleanest to me. On the other views I constantly feel frustrated that I can see only part of the fanart, the rest of it being covered by the list of movies.
(2014-03-12, 09:22)lowfi Wrote: The submenus sometimes disappear. Ill have to check if i can reproduce it but it seems random...

Running OE 3.95.1 with preview 9.

at my similar setup. SubMenus do appear but very slow.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
from 4.19.5 changed to 5 (Preview)
very nice
Is it possible include fonts (Arial) in Fonts menu (now is only default & dimmed not changable)
because in video menus in other language (i.e from Youtube) non -english character does not showup
Tthanks
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
(2014-03-12, 17:57)Walt74 Wrote: This also occurs at my similar setup. SubMenus don't appear until reboot, or very slow, or after resetting a section.

If submenus never appear, no matter how long you wait, then post a debug log and I'll look into it.

If they're just slow at displaying, this is a side effect of Gotham's new method of filling a list which they use (and will be mostly seen on slower systems like the Pi). It's possible to hack the skin to script.skinshortcuts alternative listing method (which is quicker, but doesn't integrate as nicely), otherwise there's little I can do about the speed.
Im actually running it on a x86 (ion2) system.
So, what is the main reason for maintaining Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) and Nox 5 ( Gotham)? Does 4.1.9 have features that you don't plan on for 5? I mainly need custom main menu items for my playlists like Bluray and 3D Bluray movies. I also like to have cases displayed. 4.1.9 seems a little heavy which is fine on my main living room htpc which is i3 and GTX 640 based. It seems a bit sluggish on my bedroom unit which is a Zotac ION box. If 5 has customers home menus and box art,mid probably switch over if is more lightweight.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537