• 82(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-05-05, 15:11)Zokkel Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 11:13)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 10:16)DyStiC Wrote: Really? i totally missed that, i'll check it out tonight, thanx!

Any comment on the extra (Icons) viewtype in non-library mode in the music section? is it possible to add that?
I forgot that you also have to enable the custom submenus option first in the skinsettings.
The music files section needs some love, havent got around to that yet.

Just found it!

When your busy with the Music files, keep this minor request in mind:

(2014-05-05, 09:00)Zokkel Wrote: And one minor request:
Can you put an option in to show codec info when audio plays. That won' be necessary for everyone, so maybe put it in as an option (also like the Quartz skin).

I will patiently wait for the final build Angel
If you press o on keyboard you get all the codec information you need.
(2014-05-05, 11:13)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 10:16)DyStiC Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 09:47)BigNoid Wrote: Submenus are completly configurable. See the manage submenu button in the menu customizer Smile
Really? i totally missed that, i'll check it out tonight, thanx!

Any comment on the extra (Icons) viewtype in non-library mode in the music section? is it possible to add that?
I forgot that you also have to enable the custom submenus option first in the skinsettings.
Jeez, i can't find the option in skinsettings Huh
Is it supposed to be in ' Home window' ?
Its the second option when skin settings is opened.
(2014-05-05, 18:19)BigNoid Wrote: Its the second option when skin settings is opened.
Still couldn't find it, then found out i somehow had an old version of you skin Blush
I thought i downloaded it from this thread last friday, now installed it thru the repo.
All is fine now, thanx for your help Big Grin
---
Is there a version 4 that works with gotham? I'd like to try both versions.
Really liking the new skin - it's quicker than ever and even ore beautiful - great work!

Though I must admit I'm sorely missing a couple of things:

Adding favourites and addons to the submenus
Being able to manually display the plot synopsis of a movie and play a trailer from that view. Currently there's no way to easily watch a movie's trailer Sad

Any chance of adding these features back in?

Thanks
I would like to thank you BigNoid and anyone else who is doing a great job for us and our pleasure. Smile
Thumbs Up 
There are some very noticeable nice additions in there, going from the previous skin in a beta build (4.something) to v5, although im not entirely sure what is Gotham and what is Nox 5 tbh.

A couple of pointers/questions...
- Is there any chance we can disable the search button on the home page? 1 up off the menu, meaning it requires 2 up's to get to the widget. I would have thought most XBMC users use a remote and ive always found search to be utterly useless unless you use a mouse (or mouse function on the remote) as you cant type using directional buttons cos its locked into the text entry box. Eitherway, it'd be nice if that could be disabled an you could get straight to the widgets. On a side note, im loving the fact that there are now far more entries in there.
Found a solution - see edit at the end of post

- Theres no skin/theme colour selection, only the default (light blue) and orange. Is it possible to get that implemented again, so we can pick from a handful of pre-determined colours? Would the 'Color Picker' addon do this, or is that something entirely different??

- A mate switched back to 4.something after trying 5.0.3 because the previous options for how the widgets were presented were missing (for me, you left in exactly what i'd be picking anyway Big Grin), is this something which is likely to return later down the road?

Certainly feels much nicer, and the things it 'lacks' are much smaller in significance to the improvements brought. It feels a little crisper, and IMO its always been head & shoulders above the none Aeon skins, and the best of the Aeons.

Thanks for continuing to improve Nox for us all.

edit - found a previously answered post for the search getting in the way of widget access.
If anyone isnt as lazy as i was, and wants to know how...
change skin to confluence, then disable other skins (esp Aeon ones)
addons > program addons > global search > disable.
re-enable the Aeon Nox skin
Done.

You cant have any enabled skin which is currently using the search within it, and disable it, you have to disable the skins then disable the search, then load up the skin again and its much better (IMO)
(2014-05-05, 10:02)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 01:29)Warner306 Wrote: I was still hoping for custom movie fanart and infolines for smart playlist menu items, but I guess they didn't make it.
Infolines are not possible without the use of scripts, playlist backgrounds is still on my to do list.
(2014-05-05, 02:53)td75 Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm new to XBMC and just getting into it! Last time I used it was in the original Xbox days!

Just want to say, WOW, what an amazing skin! I have been trying both 4.1.9 & 5.0 for Gotham and find both have their advantages so difficult to choose which to use!

I see 5.0 doesn't have many options for changing colors/fonts. Anyway I have been playing around with different fonts and font colors and I have figured out how to change fonts and most colours of fonts by editing the .xml files, but not able to work out how to change font color on home screen. I would like to change color from white to a light blue when selected, just on the home screen without changing all the white fonts to blue. Can anyone please point me in right direction please?

ThanksSmile
Change the color of the label in Inlcudes_Home.xml of list 9000.
(2014-05-05, 04:18)cgebke Wrote: First off, Great skin. Love the speed and look. I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there anyway to customize the background of weather to match the current conditions? I know this was possible in Nox 4, but wasn't sure if it was deleted or I'm just missing it somewhere. If it has been deleted I would appreciate any advice on how I could put it in there myself. Thanks in advance for the info.
Yes, in the weather window side menu.
(2014-05-05, 04:32)CaBrA Wrote: I prefer version 4 for media controls. Is it possible to add option for alternate big icons for that?
Not as an option, that would be stuff for a mod.

(2014-05-05, 06:17)Shane818 Wrote: Thanks for this awsome theme really smooth just wondering if you cam change or show me how to change the 720 1080 icon really hard to read from far other than that awsome work man
Replace the resolution flags in media/flags/resolution. You would have to get the source for this and rebuild an textures.xbt with the altered flags.

Great thanks for your help!
As a user of the Nox 4 and now the Nox 5, I just wanted to express my gratitude for the job superbly done. Kudos BigNoid.
(2014-05-05, 19:10)Rumik Wrote: Really liking the new skin - it's quicker than ever and even ore beautiful - great work!

Though I must admit I'm sorely missing a couple of things:

Adding favourites and addons to the submenus

When editing a submenu, use the arrows above the list of available shortcuts on the right to switch to favourites or addons.
(2014-05-05, 19:02)iJunaid Wrote: How do I get logos to appear? I installed Artwork downloader, set it to use only local files, followed the proper naming conventions (logo.png) within each TV show folder, but still it isn't showing up.
After enabling local files, you must run Artwork Downloader so they can be added to the database. Then views that contain them should work just fine.

(2014-05-05, 19:02)CaBrA Wrote: Is there a version 4 that works with gotham? I'd like to try both versions.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290
(2014-05-05, 10:02)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 01:29)Warner306 Wrote: I was still hoping for custom movie fanart and infolines for smart playlist menu items, but I guess they didn't make it.
Infolines are not possible without the use of scripts, playlist backgrounds is still on my to do list.
(2014-05-05, 02:53)td75 Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm new to XBMC and just getting into it! Last time I used it was in the original Xbox days!

Just want to say, WOW, what an amazing skin! I have been trying both 4.1.9 & 5.0 for Gotham and find both have their advantages so difficult to choose which to use!

I see 5.0 doesn't have many options for changing colors/fonts. Anyway I have been playing around with different fonts and font colors and I have figured out how to change fonts and most colours of fonts by editing the .xml files, but not able to work out how to change font color on home screen. I would like to change color from white to a light blue when selected, just on the home screen without changing all the white fonts to blue. Can anyone please point me in right direction please?

ThanksSmile
Change the color of the label in Inlcudes_Home.xml of list 9000.
(2014-05-05, 04:18)cgebke Wrote: First off, Great skin. Love the speed and look. I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there anyway to customize the background of weather to match the current conditions? I know this was possible in Nox 4, but wasn't sure if it was deleted or I'm just missing it somewhere. If it has been deleted I would appreciate any advice on how I could put it in there myself. Thanks in advance for the info.
Yes, in the weather window side menu.
(2014-05-05, 04:32)CaBrA Wrote: I prefer version 4 for media controls. Is it possible to add option for alternate big icons for that?
Not as an option, that would be stuff for a mod.

(2014-05-05, 06:17)Shane818 Wrote: Thanks for this awsome theme really smooth just wondering if you cam change or show me how to change the 720 1080 icon really hard to read from far other than that awsome work man
Replace the resolution flags in media/flags/resolution. You would have to get the source for this and rebuild an textures.xbt with the altered flags.

Thanks for the help. I was able to adjust the background inside the Weather app, but is there anyway to adjust the backgound of the main menu?
Hi,

In Aeon Nox 5, I was wondering if it was possible to set the main menu item backgrounds to random fanart from a specific playlist instead of the global "TV show" fanart or "Movie" fanart categories.

I'm asking this, because of the anime indexer plugins I use, which mingle anime series with regular tv and anime movies with regular movies.

To work around that, I created smart playlists, disabled the main "TV Show" and "Movies" items and created custom menu items each calling one of those smart playlists.

However, if I show random fanart from the main categories, it will display anime fanart mixed in with the regular tv or movie fanart. If I could display fanart only for the specific playlist, it would keep the anime and non-anime fanart isolated.

Thanks for this amazing/speedy skin.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537