OS X Help with Artist and Album customized Infos
Bug 
Hi all,
I am totally new to XBMC. It fits well all I want from a Media center but I am still struggling about some problems with classical music. I navigate my classical music through the folders menu and I organized my music with the structure Genre (Symphonic, Chamber, solo instrument, choral, etc...), then by composer (Beethoven, Berg, Mozart, etc...) and then by album (Symphony n. 9, Piano concerto n. 5, etc...). The problem is that I would like to show many other features from the album, i.e. Composer Bio, Performers, Conductor and conductor Bio and so on. Is there a way to create some .nfo file or some other way to populate the visualization in XBMC with extra customized infos?
Thank you every one for the help
I think there are some limitations in XBMC like most music library for classical. Something to consider is that XBMC in V13 (and I suppose future) is leaning more heavily on the MusicBrainz database structure to guide music scraping so you might want to head over there and get some ideas on tagging.

I think the basic thing is to have a release (such as album, but I will split up an album which has multiple works) as a set of media files in a single folder. You can have a fanart image in that folder to display. I set the "album artist" tag to the composer. If you have your "album" folders as children of the composer (as a folder) it is possible to scrape the composer from that parent folder (nfo file or via scraper).

It's a bit of a problem though for conductor. performing group or artists, soloists, etc. You can try assigning them to the "artist" tag and they will show up in the library, but you have to manually scrape the artist from the library artist view, and then it will only work if the scrape can find something. I don't think there is any way to add info via an nfo if the scraper fails to return something.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Thank you scott!
I will follow your advices, hoping that v.13 will be better about this issue Smile
(2014-01-28, 13:52)caldarella Wrote: Thank you scott!
I will follow your advices, hoping that v.13 will be better about this issue Smile

Other than adding the MusicBrainz ID for an artist (or composer in lieu of artist) or an album to the list of music file meta-data tags read by XBMC to help scrapers I don't think you will see a significant difference for classical in v13.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Artist and Album customized Infos0