• 48(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
when watching dexter today when i paused it, it shown the title as chuggington, and the movie info was from anchorman, but episode info was correct for the dexter episode. i`ve previously watched chuggington and anchorman. its like the info isnt being cleared
(2013-09-08, 19:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 19:33)javaboyuk Wrote: Please can we add to the config.txt file for the distribtion 3.1.8 and going forward, and 3.0.7 if it comes out, the following option with a comment about it:

#Stops HDMI res-sync issues between raspberry and external AMPs (needed to achive near gapless audio play back in some situations)
force_hdmi_open=1
I have tried it with my Raspberry model B, and Yamah AMP connected via HDMI and albums now play as if listening to the original CD from my CD player!
I personnall would like it on by default.... lol but then I would, but it should be in there as an option to enable. I could not find this documented
on the RPI site/forum, it has taken me since last September to get this going, as I did not assoicate the issue with montiors or popping sounds lol.

Again I would like to thank Popcronmix for suggesting this in another thread I posted in. I am sooo so happy with openelec 3.1.6 now.

Maybe. It needs testing. It may well cause problems when dts/ac3 passthrough is enabled.
But can anyone who's interested in this please add the config.txt option, and report back if it's good.

Hi Popcornmix,

tested it out in my config.txt, cause if i used the 30 sec or 10 min standard jump mode in a mkv (mostly TV Series) i had a resync Problem of Picture and sound thats gone worse, everytime i push the 30 sec forward Button... in some cases after 3-4 jumps, i had 1,5 or 2 gap between Picture and Sound in a TV-Show.

Now with:
hdmi_force_open=1 (the idea from JAVABOYUK)
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1 (my own editing to force DTS/DD put through Receiver)

... there are no resync issues ever! I can jump forward and backward and Picture and Sound are always equal!
Great Tip and works for my Installation (RASP ->HDMI to -> TV then -> HDMI to Receiver)

Greetz,J.
I was using the Mediaportal PVR but decided to connect the USB tuner to the RPi and use tvheadend so that I don't have to waste loads of electricity having the PC on to watch TV.

When it's working it's OK and channel changes are quicker, although the EPG still takes about 10s to open and causes tv to pause/drop-out several times before it opens when already watching something. As with the MP PVR, it still doesn't close the EPG when changing channel, only when starting a channel when there's not one already playing, which doesn't appear to be a bug that's present in the PC version of XBMC.

I've had a lot of issues with it stopping working though. It would be fine for hours and then I'd go away and come back to it later or the next day and just get errors when trying to start TV. The Web portal would still show the dual-tuners but the Status page would show them as completely idle. I'd reboot, poweroff (including pulling the plug), disable/re-enable the tvheadend service/pvr and eventually got it working again by moving the USB tuner to the next port on the hub. Then I'd have the same problem the next time I came back to it and have to go through the whole routine again and end up moving it back to the original port.

I thought it might be a power issue, although I've got a UBEC powering the RPi through the GPIO header and the hub only has a remote receiver and the tuner connected (there's a USB stick connected directly to the RPi as well). I've connected a PSU directly to the hub now to see if that will help. Even since doing that, I've come back and found the screensaver has dimmed and it's completely locked up on the EPG (I see the light flickering on the USB stick though) so I have to reboot anyway.

Also, when booting it shows an error about "TVHeadend Client, no hardware present" or something but shortly after that the EPG data loads (I tried the "Store in database" option but as with the MP PVR, this just seems to make it load the data twice, taking twice as long so I'm not sure what the point of that is) and then I go to the EPG and can start TV, so it seems the error is it checking too early after boot or something.
Quote: decided to connect the USB tuner to the RPi and use tvheadend
Are you saying that you are running both on the Pi?
(2013-09-10, 02:47)allan87 Wrote:
Quote: decided to connect the USB tuner to the RPi and use tvheadend
Are you saying that you are running both on the Pi?

The USB tuner and tvheadend? Yes.
I get speaker popping when I first start to play something now I have R-Pi connected directly to receiver/amp.

Pretty sure it only happens the first time you turn everything on. After that I could start the exact same movie again and the speakers wont pop.

Anyone know cause? Or possible solution?
Analogue audio? That is expected. It used to be every track...
If it's HDMI then that's something else.
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated PVR add-on

- updated FFmpeg

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

PLEASE TEST PVR

@rbej
thanks but no live tv!

Did you remove the patches like popcornmix suggested?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1502053
(2013-09-11, 14:10)popcornmix Wrote: Analogue audio? That is expected. It used to be every track...
If it's HDMI then that's something else.

Yeah HDMI, they only pop once at the very start, after that its fine. Although occasionally no audio will play and it just screeches static.

Pinpointed when it happens, it happens if a different audio format is played. For example if I play something with dolby audio then play something with with AAC it will pop at the start. But wont happen if I play the same audio format again.
(2013-09-11, 16:47)Wanderlei Wrote: Pinpointed when it happens, it happens if a different audio format is played. For example if I play something with dolby audio then play something with with AAC it will pop at the start. But wont happen if I play the same audio format again.

I assume you have passthough enabled? And the problem goes away if you disable passthough?
Yep passthough was enabled and goes away when disabled.
Had a weird issue last night. I was watching a video, which was fine but when I stopped it, it just went into a loop repeating a noise every 0.5s with a black screen and it wasn't responding to the remote, so I had to kill the power. Before that I connected with WinSCP OK. Didn't have debugging on unfortunately, so the log won't be of any use.
(2013-09-11, 16:00)Jönke Wrote: @rbej
thanks but no live tv!

Did you remove the patches like popcornmix suggested?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1502053

I've managed to reproduce the issue, and it is the "Avoid audio codec when in passthrough modes" commit.
I've removed it from frodo_rbp_backports for now.

I've also added https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3233 which gives a useful speedup when entering the movies library.
Might be worth a new build.
LIVE TV is working here, can say:

initial livetv startup seemsto be slow
channel switching is various (3-10 sec)

rewind rtmp streams don´t kill player anymore

nice build Smile
thx !
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223